Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834948 times)

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2205 on: March 07, 2012, 12:20:33 am »

@Seraphyx If you have problem with creating steel you should stick to blast furnace. You only need iron bar and some leather for it, but it makes steel making(heck most smelting) easier than farming.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

EDIT: can you please create a caste compatible dwarf therapist? manual checking sucks...

Seconded. Meph I know it's not in your list of things to do but holy hell castes working in Therapist would make things so much easier :P

Also the metal changes look fantastic.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:37:17 am by Ranik »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2207 on: March 07, 2012, 12:59:09 am »

Well, I cant. I had a look at the therapist and all the hex values are just a wall of nonsense to me. But I wrote 2 coders (and Dwarf Engineer, the author of Dwarf Therapist) about the caste patch. Hopefully one will go through the trouble and write one. Would be good for every mod out there, not just this one.

New Cavern layout is in work and will be included. One little problem: After you breach all three they slowly mix the plants/grasses among them. Here a few pics, this is WIP, just a proof of concept:

THESE ARE JUST RGB TESTS. Super colorful, I added it for now as an optional setting. If people thing it is just too much eye bleeding I will do a version that is more harmless and blends in better, but will still be different. The lowest cavern has 6 unique plants now as well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:37:01 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:28 am »

Well, I cant. I had a look at the therapist and all the hex values are just a wall of nonsense to me. But I wrote 2 coders (and Dwarf Engineer, the author of Dwarf Therapist) about the caste patch. Hopefully one will go through the trouble and write one. Would be good for every mod out there, not just this one.

New Cavern layout is in work and will be included. One little problem: After you breach all three they slowly mix the plants/grasses among them. Here a few pics, this is WIP, just a proof of concept:

WoW. A lot has happened here in a short time...

Sooo .... how long till the new version comes out? :D

---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2209 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:16 am »

From my side ? I am pretty much done, tomorrow I guess. If something in RL comes up it might take longer. But I have to wait for the dfhack, mouse fortress and Therapist for 34.05. I am sure that I am done with the changes on the mod itself till then. The caverns are optional, the new font as well, so people cant complain about unfinishes / slightly buggy things. I fixed most bugs, removed the refinery, redid all the materials, the material guides are done, the manual and the GUI is updated.

To do list is down to
 - Fix all reported bugs (about 25% left)
 - Make a Building guide picture for every building. This will take a lot of time. (about 90% left)
 - Update to DF 34.05
 - Make secrets harder to spot.
 - Fix the new truetype font.

Changelog (finished stuff)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:49 am »

EDIT2: also you mistakenly dropped some of the 'flavor' moves into the knuckle dusters, they have reports of slashing and stabbing...

knuckle dusters are only ones that seem to have report errors just to save you some time.

im liking having drakes around, my war animals produce my padded underarmor  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2211 on: March 07, 2012, 02:14:24 am »

Again, good find with the knuckle duster, is fixed.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 07, 2012, 02:21:32 am »

So I finally got the dwarves to shear the drakes after a few tries, but where do you make the armor from drake scales? Is it in the clothiers workshop under cloth or leather or something else?

Oh and I can't make walls out of Olivine, is that normal? It has no other purposes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:58:16 am by Seraphyx »

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 07, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

From my side ? I am pretty much done, tomorrow I guess. If something in RL comes up it might take longer. But I have to wait for the dfhack, mouse fortress and Therapist for 34.05. I am sure that I am done with the changes on the mod itself till then. The caverns are optional, the new font as well, so people cant complain about unfinishes / slightly buggy things. I fixed most bugs, removed the refinery, redid all the materials, the material guides are done, the manual and the GUI is updated.

To do list is down to
 - Fix all reported bugs (about 25% left)
 - Make a Building guide picture for every building. This will take a lot of time. (about 90% left)
 - Update to DF 34.05
 - Make secrets harder to spot.
 - Fix the new truetype font.

Changelog (finished stuff)

Great!

Say, will/does your update also include the newest Phoebus graphics (0.34.05v01)? They got TONS of shiny new animal pics and other stuff...

cheers!

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 07, 2012, 02:51:09 am »

Reporting a new issue; I am unable to make bread from Cave Wheat flour at the kitchen.

I have the flower, its in a bag, its available, but the option remains disabled.

Just a heads up and all.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 07, 2012, 03:10:02 am »

That sounds the same as the sugar bug Meph mentioned above where DF can't find the item because the sugar/flour is in a bag which is then stored in a barrel.

Just had a question about the awesome caste diagram from Flobulon, I'm sure I've had immigrants that loved to experiment and had a really high science skill. Is that the same as the alchemy caste?

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:56 am »

That might be it; the bags ARE stored in barrels.

I dont know how to remove them, however.

(And its not a problem, since my dwarves are starving and the plump helmets are still growing)
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 07, 2012, 03:19:48 am »

Wooo. Looking forward to a game tonight, hopefully 34.05 will be in by then, but if not who cares.

Thanks for all the hard work putting this together every day, Meph. ;)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:12 am »

That might be it; the bags ARE stored in barrels.

I dont know how to remove them, however.

(And its not a problem, since my dwarves are starving and the plump helmets are still growing)

Try to dump the bags (not the barrel). Wait and see if the dwarfes go and pick them up (else use dfhack autodump). Then set up a zone with "no barrels" to collect sugar, reclaim the sugar bags ... voila!

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 07, 2012, 03:51:47 am »

Derp.

thats a brilliant idea; ill give it a shot.
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 749