Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834929 times)

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1905 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »

Well, bombzero, we think alike on this one. Next version wont have the mages yet, since I plan to invest a lot of thought on that one, it is about the most difficult thing to balance ever. (the stupid dwarves spam around with their interactions all the time)

I am almost done with the next update, testing slaves is still slow, and I just made a new thread with a couple of questions about the last bugs I want to wrap up. Otherwise it is good, just need some GUI changes.

New random features are all tested this time btw, I learn from my mistakes.

My biggest issue with the tilesets is not the work to set them up, but the fact that I have multiples of the raws then. Every modding change from then on will be done twice, or four times if I do all tilesets.

Haven't been able to test traps as undead overran my fort a while ago. Mainly had some barb wire traps out as at the time i was dumping mass steel into armor and weapons and the change to how many materials traps need made me go easy on them :) Earlier sentiment about harder to make traps and many trap avoid races may be a good point to look at on current balance. Mastiff changes seem good in that they are weaker than grizzly bears but weaker and more expensive (i think you posted that a while back) may be a bit much. I'm also not sure about the sterilizing of armoured animals as i like to keep as many female pets around as possible for breeding and i had no control over which mastiffs i was armouring. Really loving a lot of the simpler things about the mod like grinding bones into bonemeal flux. Still a bit concerned about tree farms being pretty damn quick compared to natural tree's but it's not game breaking.

PS: Goblin archers are still the devil.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1906 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:42 pm »

I could make tree farms slower, but then again people already need a herbalist/grower, the fitting farmplot area, and the timberyard for them, so I think it is not too easy ;)

Other new features/fixes I added:
 - Added new reclaim reaction to the craftsman. Unravel any cloth, rip any silk item, rip any yarn item, rip any cloth item.
 - Renamed goblin/orcish adjectives for their weapons for better flavor.
 - Changed zombie syndrome. Biten people have a 15% chance to turn into a zombie after half a season. Beware.
 - To compensate this fact I removed CE_NECROSIS, CE_PARALYSIS and CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS from the zombie bite.
 - Renamed the rock trap components in the stonecutter to reflect the names of the trap overhaul.
 - Fixed Apostel/apostle spelling error. The german came through for a second there ;)
 - Armored pets now leave items upon butchering again.
 - They also leave a "name"-steel which counts as refuse. (battered destroyed armor)
 - Removed Variable_positions:all from undead entity. Might fix the fact that they bring mounts, needs testing.
 - Added [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE:3:1] to Frost Giants. This means they should take 3 times as much damage from adamantine as usual. Holy dwarven metal for the win.
 - Fixed hotkeys for the new soap reactions (stack of 10 soap tallow & oil)
 - Added reaction to make black ink from ash+jug to scriptorium
 - All bock writing now needs ink.
 - Splitted combat books into melee and ranged.
 - Added 2 new epic books for them, "Be water my friend" and "47 ways to headshots"

Just waiting for the slave tests to finish, then I can add them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 03, 2012, 09:17:31 pm »

Meh I just thing fertilizing should be pretty encouraged for trees. I didn't fertilize a damn thing and they came through quick enough  ;D

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 03, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress - Version 1.4.1 - Last updated: 28.02.2012

Is this date correct? Just curious. I'm about to start a new fortress and want to make sure I grab the most up-to-date bugfixes, even if that means waiting a little bit until the next official Masterwork version release. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:50:15 pm by FFLaguna »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:05 pm »

I am just... Overwhelmed by the different kinds of rocks and what the stones do and can be used for. I can't go and look them up on the wiki cause its just not there, where is all this information to inform me one whats what? What is this Slime that drops when you mine cavern fungi what is cavern fungi's use why is it there? Living Walls? What? HUH? Whats going on?!?!?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 03, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

living walls and cave moss are just rock types that dont leave waste stone to be dealt with, same for several others.

the rest are well, rocks. there is a magma-safe workshop just for making magma safe stuff, and ores can be examined with k-enter to tell you what they are for.

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 03, 2012, 10:43:35 pm »

living walls and cave moss are just rock types that dont leave waste stone to be dealt with, same for several others.

I really wish there were fewer of these, to be honest. At the very least at material that forms whole layers (such as sandstone) should always drop rock. I've had to abandon forts due to no useable rock before the cavern layers. Even considering it from a realism point of view; I've lived in houses made of sandstone, half my home town is made of sandstone, why does it just puff into dust?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:49:00 pm by SecondBreakfast »

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 03, 2012, 10:46:37 pm »

Hey, I just have another question about the latest version of the mod.

I am currently besieged by a Undead Drow army (60 Undead!) And they've been there for over a year and a half.

They wont go away, and its getting annoying, since i still don't have a anvil and the caverns aren't generating enough wood. Are they designed to hand around out there for massive amounts of time? Ive already had a smithy go insane due to a lack of a Workshop, and he managed to berserk and kill a child.

On another note, after finishing a random wooden amulet my fortress is having a population boom; 19 baby dwarves (In a fortress of only 40) have been born in the past three or so months alone. I cant go 2 minutes without getting a message that Urist McRandom Farmer has had a baby girl. Seriously.

Finally, the combat report is going mad with reports that every single dwarf or animal is "Now fully healed" or "Blessing" Something. It makes it nearly impossible to read proper combat reports under Pages upon pages of dwarves or kittens being "Fully Healed". Any reason that this is happening?

I still love this mod, it makes the game so much more awesome.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1913 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:33 pm »

About the stones: Good solid rock to build with is hard to find. As it (in my opinion) should be. With simple materials on 75% is cave fungus... and for firesafe you have to go a few z-lvl deep, for magma safe a lot deeper. Once I had to dig 64 levels till I reached magma safe stone. This is an important feature of the mod and works exactly as intended.  I can make the 6 normal rocks optional, and probably add this option to the next upload, but living stone/cave fungus will stay. They are part of the core idea of removing clutter and helping FPS.

@jimmybobjr: 60 undead drow ? Ehm... wow ? I did not add drow to my zombie race, so these are DF generated, DF takes any intelligent race and makes undead versions of them... I think I have to nerf drows then, because they are seriously serious. Like sam serious stone. 

About the healing spam: I know about it, and already nerfed it a bit. Hope these damn healers spam around less now, but they still cant figure out who is healthy and who is injured. -.-

@FFLaguna: Yes, that is correct, but I did a lot of work on the next version already, and might upload it by tomorrow. (please dont crucify me if I dont)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

I am just... Overwhelmed by the different kinds of rocks and what the stones do and can be used for. I can't go and look them up on the wiki cause its just not there, where is all this information to inform me one whats what? What is this Slime that drops when you mine cavern fungi what is cavern fungi's use why is it there? Living Walls? What? HUH? Whats going on?!?!?

There's a file called "Masterwork Manual" that includes A LOT of information. You can also access that manual by opening the settings program (where you select all the options you want to include in the game), go to extras and click Manual.

That should help you out with 90% of the new things.

Finally, the combat report is going mad with reports that every single dwarf or animal is "Now fully healed" or "Blessing" Something. It makes it nearly impossible to read proper combat reports under Pages upon pages of dwarves or kittens being "Fully Healed". Any reason that this is happening?

I still love this mod, it makes the game so much more awesome.

Not sure about the other problems but it seems like you have a dwarf healer that's healing everyone lol. (I wonder if they can heal undead to life? Like opposite of necromancy. Probably not ;p) Maybe it also blessed your dwarves with extreme fertility and/or other things we shall not speak of.

--------------

I had an idea for adventure mode, if possible. I don't think there is any way to heal except over time, it would be good if there was a doctor in towns or if companions could learn those skills, or hell even have a healing spell if there isn't one. Just something to be able to somewhat recover from wounds after battles or heal your allies.

Another thing is to be able to equip your companions. I don't know if there's already a way to do this, if there is ignore this.

moldisgold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 03, 2012, 11:28:09 pm »

1. anyone have any advice for turret placement? I kind of formed a perimeter around the surface to detect any thieves and ambushes, but after a werebadger caused a scorched earth situation I don't think I want my fire turrets up there anymore.

2. are the various dust/poisons permanent damage? My furnace operators are covering the place from coughing up blood. From their hospital screen it doesn't look like severe damage, but will they get better if I just give them a break for a season or two?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1916 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:22 pm »

Fireturrets inside, behind fortifications, next to the entry tunnel
T= turret, F= fortifications, # = wall.

Code: [Select]
#############################

#################F##########
                #T#
                ###

I also added 2 more new things, both tested and work. Different leather armor, made from shell, scale and chitin. These all were standart leather, I fixed it, now they have specific materials again AND are stockpiled. :)

- Fixed shell  tanning => now produces shell  plate
 - Fixed scale  tanning => now produces scale  plate
 - Fixed chitin tanning => now produces chitin plate
If you have better names for them, be my guest. Currently they are common/rare/exotic shell/scale/chitin plate

The other new thing: A ton of reactions now produce dust. Just harmless (or in some rare cases, near harmless) dust, for flavor. It creates the illusion of an animation. Hammering metals makes yellow sparks, burning stuff creates black smoke... and so on. Will make it optional I guess, since it only works with temperature on. Here the list:

- Added violent reactions 2% to all new smelting/fuel needing reactions. (optional)
 - Added a variety of smoke effects to reactions:
    - Black smoke (harmless) for everything that uses fuel or has to do with burning. always.
    - Grey dust (harmless) for everyting that cuts/works with stones. always.
    - Yellow sparks (harmless) to the "hammer metal" reactions in the crucible. always.
    - Brown sawdust (harmless) for all timberyard reactions. always.
    - White alcohol vapors (dizzieness) for all alcohol related reactions. low chance.
    - Violet(miasma colored) stench (nausea) to tanning. low chance
    - Green bacteria dust (nausea, dizzieness, fever) to all reaction using raw food stuff. low chance.

EDIT: about the wiki: I am not working on the wiki, it is an unfinished community effort. Please check the manual first.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:50:24 pm by Meph »

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:01 am »

Ive got a update on the "Randomly Healing Dwarves" thing.

I just found a Farmer who was blessed by a Hauler, right? Well, i checked his wound screen and found that he was "Numb".

Interesting.

I just through of a theory; Perhaps there is a syndrome in the fort that is constantly being repelled by the massive amounts of healing.

If i seperate one of the dwarves from the fortress, he cant heal, right?

Time for !!SCIENCE!!

EDIT: RESULTS!

I have found the source of the healing problem.

Upon searching some more of the reports menu, i found that one of the entrys - For that random hauler - and found that he was healing everyone else. Upon using the "K" function to examine the dwarf i found that, among loving Arsenic Fumes, she has "Learned in White Magic, This dwarf has mastered the skill to heal life!". What i find this means is that whenever she passes another entity - Be it a dog or a Dwarf - That entity is immediatly "Healed" For little reason. Im re-assigning this dwarf to medical care.

On another note, the Undead Siege is entering its third year.

EDIT 2:

-The Great Irony-

Well shit. Almost immediatly finding out about Urist McWhiteMage, a Giant mole enters the fort through the caverns. I immediatly sick my 10 wrestelers on the mole, only for two to immediatly die. Urist McWhiteMage/Medic runs over to help the wounded, only to immediatly die.

So, the random healing problem is fixed!

HURRAH!

Also, what the hell, my dwarf was killed leaving several pages of bone Amulets Idols and Hair bracelets and so on on the floor. Where did he get those? I dont have a bone carving industry.

I found out who those bone items belonged to; one of the other medics wounded in the mole chaos. Turns out, he has over fifty-five kills, most of which are giant animals (Kangaroos seem to be a favourite) And turkeys.

Huh.

Well, this dorf lost his right arm in the fighting, so no more slaughtering for him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:57:27 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 04, 2012, 12:31:43 am »

Enjoying the mod, good work, look forward to the next release, just trying to get to the 10 year mark on a 1.3 game atm.

As a random mention, the shortcut to the manual tries a modding df folder on my desktop i don't have and the start in is;
"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Mephidross\Desktop\MODDING DF\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Content"
Maybe you could just use another bat file to link to it, something like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheers
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1919 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:11 am »

Yup, healing makes numb, since numbness gives temporary pain immunity. An added bonus for people passed out because of pain. And yes, if he has no targets, he wont spam around.

Also, what the hell, my dwarf was killed leaving several pages of bone Amulets Idols and Hair bracelets and so on on the floor. Where did he get those? I dont have a bone carving industry.
Migrants arrive with them. Too much jewerly = might be vampire btw.

@thoth: In a purely manly way: I love you. I did specificly ASK if this link works, and got no negative feedback, so I assumed the link works on every machine. That people dont have my folder structure is obvious but I thought it would recognize the subfolder. THANKS. Weird that about 2000 people downloaded it so far, and you are the first to mention it. Took me about 10 secs to add your bat file. Works. Beautiful. Will be added for the next release. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:53:58 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 749