Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: What's the origin of your avatar?  (Read 27731 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the origin of your avatar?
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:43 am »

It's Mirai Nikki. Specifically it's Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki, everybody's favorite psychotic yandere stalker girl who really loves the main character.
Good night, Yu-kki. <3

----

My avatar is from this awesome show called "Xena: Warrior Princess". I started watching it out of the blue one day, and it's pretty bloody awesome! Basically the entire show is about a warrior princess (duh?), pictured in my avatar, who goes around beating people up while wearing skimpy clothing. While she is not slicing people up, she is furthering her relationship with her female bard companion. Doesn't get much better than that!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2013, 01:38:38 am »

Mine are trickster versions of Homestuck talksprites created by feedbrandon.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2013, 09:46:30 am »

Mine is of an Infernal from Warcraft III. I was in a clan called FTL at the time (Freeze Tag League/Freeze Tag Legends depending on its first or second incarnation) and it was one of the few clans at the time that had its own website. An artist friend of the leader of the clan, who I was good friends with, was taking requests for avatars and signature pics. I asked for an infernal from Warcraft III with the caption "Bring on the Chaos". He asked me to take a screenshot I liked of the infernal so he had something to work with, and he produced this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

although that's a really crappy quality upload I did many years ago. The original color was a yellow body with blue flames and yellow background, but I used MS Paint to invert it to a blue body with yellow flames. I also liked the letters better. After that, I cropped the picture for just the infernal part for an avatar. I use the full image for a signature pic on forums where that thing is more appropriate.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2013, 11:42:08 am »

-snip-
I find it very weird that you find it necessary to explain Xena: Warrior Princess. That show was like a cultural icon in it's day, and I can recall at least one episode of the Simpsons where it was referenced (and actually was an integral plot point). Maybe if you were talking about Beastmaster (the TV series) I'd see a need to explain to people just what the hell that is.

Since I'm posting here anyway, I figure I might as well explain my current avatar. I made Gene Starwind, the protagonist of Outlaw Star, into a penguin for the penguin fad by photoshopping his hair, eyes, tattoo, and Caster gun onto a penguin body. Then I later decolorized him for the very brief monochrome fad that happened later on. And that's pretty much it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:18 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128984.0
This.
My character is a shape-shifter, and his main animal is a two-tailed fox.
So why not make my avatar reflect that?
Black lives matter.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »

-snip-
I find it very weird that you find it necessary to explain Xena: Warrior Princess. That show was like a cultural icon in it's day, and I can recall at least one episode of the Simpsons where it was referenced (and actually was an integral plot point). Maybe if you were talking about Beastmaster (the TV series) I'd see a need to explain to people just what the hell that is.

Since I'm posting here anyway, I figure I might as well explain my current avatar. I made Gene Starwind, the protagonist of Outlaw Star, into a penguin for the penguin fad by photoshopping his hair, eyes, tattoo, and Caster gun onto a penguin body. Then I later decolorized him for the very brief monochrome fad that happened later on. And that's pretty much it.

Well, really I was posting an rxplaination since I wanted to respond to the picture of Yuno, but not be completely pointless. Also, I'm sure plenty of people don't recognize Xena by picture...maybe.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »

The planet is the planet Kashyyyk (Wookie planet from Star Wars) because of my username and over that I shopped Zadia from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, becuse she's awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2013, 03:37:37 pm »

It is the Duskfields avatar for My main pony's first born foal(Pegasus Filly in particular)

The person who made it was Kryptid, I have a link to his B12 account in my sigtext, he has deviantart accounts, but I need to find them sooner or later

Spoiler: Main pone (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2013, 03:41:41 pm »

This here thing. Most of my avatars have been from webcomics, go figure.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »

The blood ghoul from a short, simple, and kind've horrifying RPG maker game called Space Funeral. The title in no way represents what it's about. I highly recommend it if you enjoy weird, unsettling things, with potentially surprising endings.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2013, 12:41:42 am »

Fanart rendition of Welcome to Nightvale's main character, a radio announcer.
The podcast happens to have an ever so slight fixation with eyes. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2013, 12:55:30 am »

Well, I decided to practice my MS Paint skills, and after some thought, decided to make a cutebold avatar. Well, I decided that'd be my avatar's theme, and have been making new ones to use every few months. In fact, I'm planning on making a whole bunch more to use with Signavatar, so keep an eye out for that!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:11 am »

Mine is the ion cannon from Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn.  That or the one from Renegade, which is set during Tiberium Dawn.  There is a much bigger cannon from the later games called the Low Orbit Ion Cannon, but it's just not the same. My original avatar was that of a GDI commando from Tiberium Wars, but the day I put it there I saw that someone else had the exact same picture with some minor differences.   Text below it is from Red vs Blue.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »

Holy fuck I posted in here back when I was still interested in getting a Sheogorath avatar. I thought this thread only recently popped up.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2013, 03:43:27 am »

Man, I don't even remember my previous avatar. I think it had something to do with some game I was interested in at the time. Maybe. As a matter of fact, I'm not 100% sure I even had an avatar prior to this one.

Anyways, my current avatar comes from Slowbeef and Diabeetus' riff on the 'Ambition' series of flash games. It's great stuff, you should check it out. In the same way Vsauce makes me excited to go to Newgrounds, Retsupurae makes me remember why I quit going there.

Of course, this is all subject to change since I've been wanting a new avatar for a while. I might even change it tonight, if I get around to picking out a new image and uploading it to Slowbucket.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17