Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...  (Read 26958 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:38:11 pm »

Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic

Those with the ability to use magic have always been rare since the beginning of the world, and the creation of the first beings by the High Gods. Those who could use it were either shunned, or taken as the Councilers to Lords, Ladies, Kings, and Queens. These first users of magic gave themselves the name of, Magi, and ever since then that name has become that which magical users were called. Of course the number of those who could use magic grew as the beings of the world developed.

Now the story begins with the birht of young child in the small town of Ironstead. That child is the first Magi ever to be born in Ironstead, and know the child's journey is about to begin, but first theres question that must be answered.

What is the child's name?
What is the child's gender?
What are the child's parents?

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Update Compilations
Prologue
Chapter 1, Part 1: It Begins ...
Chapter 1, Part 2: So, This Is Death
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:19:59 pm by adwarf »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

> Your name is BJORN JORMUNDSON
> You are a BOY
> Your parents are RUTHLESS BUREAUCRATS
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:10 pm »

Name - FJORD JOHNSON
You are a BOY
Your parents are RUTHLESS FISHERMEN!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »

Three more suggestions, and we will start.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:16:52 pm »

Name - FJORD JOHNSON
You are a BOY
I kind of like this one.
Mostly because I want to see what a RUTHLESS FISHERMAN is like.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »

Your name is DERM IJI!

You are a GIRL

Your parents were MAD SCIENTISTS.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:34:23 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:32:57 pm »

Name: Katrinja Erikson
Parents: a RUTHLESS SCRIBE(mother) and a distillery worker(father).

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:36:38 pm »

Name - FJORD JOHNSON
You are a GIRL
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »

*Crosses fingers* Mad scientists, mad scientists, mad scientists, if nothing else please be mad scientists...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:10 pm »

Your name is LUCY McEXPLOSIONS
You are a GIRL!
Your Parents are a RUTHLESS SPY!
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:34 pm »

The child's name was Katrinja Erikson, and her parents were a that of the very odd sort. Her mother was a ruthless scribe, of course as far as scribes can be ruthless she was about as harmful as a fly, but that is what the other scribes nicknamed her. And, then her dad was a bit more normal as he ran a small distillery, and tavern in the center of town. Business wasn't the best, but it was no where near bad.

Katrinja Erikson spent the earlier years of her life with her dad at the tavern, and when she finally came of that age the rest was spent at school. Of course that all changed one fateful day in mid-summer, around the time the farmers began sowing the seeds of their better crops. On that day, Katrin, as her friends called her who was also twelve at the time, was in her father's inn, the Sleeping Dragon. As she was serving some ale to a group of farmers when she overheard them speaking of one of the Magi coming through town.

They said the Magi should be arriving in the forest nearby within the hour, but they didn't know which lord the Magi hailed from which would put any person on edge the moment they heard that fact. You quickly served them the ale, and gave them a quick smile before dashing off, so they didn't notice your eavesdropping. Of course you were a bit curious about what the Magi was like, but what should you do?

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 01:35:57 pm »

> Abandon duties and go to said forest in an hour

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 01:38:57 pm »

> Abandon duties and go to said forest in an hour
That is how you should conduct magic.

Irresponsibly and dangerously.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic - Update 2: Unknown Magi
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 05:08:30 pm »

You decide that even though it is a risky course of action that going to see the Magi would make your life a lot more interesting, so you set down the tray, and slip out the back door of the small three story stone, and wood house that served as your father's tavern. You set off down the street with the smell of cooking meat, and fresh ale wafting through the air in your direction dragged by the soft easterly breeze. It takes you nearly thirty minutes to reach the edge of the woods, and by that time the sun is tarting to set, and the air is beginning to grow thick, and cold.

You quickly spend the next ten minutes finding the tree house you, and your friends had found ages ago, and set up camp there overlooking the cold. As the minutes dragged on you felt the air grow heavier, and watched as a light appeared on the edge of the horizon. By the time the light was nearly in plain view the air is, so thick, and cold it felt like daggers slowly digging into your throat. "Something is wrong, something is very, very wrong." you thought as you watched the light carrying figure bob into view.

The man couldn't have been older than twenty years old, he was a tall lean figure with a jet black cloak that covered the majority of his body. In his left hand he held a iron, oil lantern aloft in his right hand, and in his left he had a thick oak staff that dug into the ground as he walked. He was a bewildering image with his unkempt hair, and odd stature that seemed to radiate power. Around his neck something glinted, but from the distance you couldn't quite tell what it was.

"What should I do?" you thought as you continued to watch the man approach, and the air grew heavier.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 05:18:16 pm »

> Ask man politely if he has any clothes to spare, act like you don't know who he is
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18