Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60960 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1005 on: October 13, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »

((What ya mean by pickets Ghaz? :P))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 13, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »

((Adwarf the Goddamn Guards at the Picket Line...the outernmost defense line of a camp. Aren't those called Pickets?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 13, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »

((Adwarf the Goddamn Guards at the Picket Line...the outernmost defense line of a camp. Aren't those called Pickets?))
((Erm ... no not at all :3 ))

"While its all well and good that I've been found anyone wanna help me get back to camp before the Xenos return and cook our hides?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 13, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »

(( They were called pickets a long long time ago. Last time I remember that name being used was in Napoleons time though they normally go by sentry's now. ))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 13, 2012, 05:04:50 pm »

Contact the Triumvirat for the price on the Cruiser's repairs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 13, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »

"...True. Still, keep the targetting data up to date, no dropping of the bombs right now. They get a nice rest for now..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

Affirmative. Might i note several things Visitor? My Sensors have picked up signs of two frigates. Fully armed and ready. Both showing Church Signatures. If we are to open fire on Church Facilities, Mad Principles would kick in and they would in turn destroy House Nova facilities and leadership. Worse my Scans reveal that both Novan,Noble and Church Capitals are outfitted with Ground to Space Weapons. All are ancient, but my sensors pick up that they still work. They will activate once we attack them and that will be the end of us then.

I have gone through all posssible scenarios and barring extraordinaire circumstances the whole Dilemma would either end in the Annihilation of all parties or in the best circumstance leaving you and me alone alive. Estimated Damage on Cruiser will however be extensive and we will propably not be able to jump. If i can trust my databanks and that i normally can, custom enforces the Church to act on the Annihilation conducted with Force. In other words we would be stuck like sailors on a sinking ship in the midst of an ocean, while pirates close in on us.

I suggest you do not further pursue this course of action. Especially since my existence is threatened by that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »

"You raise half a good point. The other half I sort of knew. Better to wait until this ship is fully operational atleast."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:17 am »

Azthor,Juras

The Triumvirate, being the Triumvirate first laugh at your question of repairing a cruiser. When they notice that you are entirely serious, they go silent for a moment. It takes a while before they get the foreman of the Hephaistos Shipyard, aswell as several Weapons Technicians and assorted other personnel together. The Repair or restoration of a Cruiser-Class ship is a massive undertaking apparently, and until teh complete Damage to be repaired has been surveyed by the Triumvirate they can give no actual price just estimations. And that estimations are huge!

20 Credits at least for the repair of the ship and flying to the triumvirate system will take at least a season, witht he repairs taking up another one. All in all the ship would be away for 3 seasons at best. Maybe just send the Custodian alone there?

[6] Your men somehow manage to surrender before the encroaching Flamethrowers burn them to crisp. The Problem is, The Irregualrs start to execute them on the spot! [2] A Burning Commander is all that emerges from the tunnels, your men quickly douse him. he has however sustained heavy burns, reducing the number of your Commanders to two. You should be more careful with those men.
[3] You notice that your men start to grumble about you bad leadership and ask why the hell you are sending men to their deaths to surrender?

Robert (( sorry nearly forgot you XP))

[2] None of your Crew can either decipher the language [5] but at least the Colony leaves you in peace as you travel past it. You Notice however several Defensive Sattelites...you really shouldn't mess with those guys.

Orbit around Planet I:
You reach the Planet, closer readings reveal not much new:
Gravity: Normal
Type: Oceanic
Atmosphere: TI (earth-like or better)

Moon I.1:
light Gravity
no Atmosphere
Frozen Carbon Dioxide Seas.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:08:48 am by Ghazkull »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 14, 2012, 10:08:09 am »

Place 5 men just inside the tunnel to alert me if anybody is closing in.
Order all of my men to take up positions in the trenches.
Send a message to all of my regiments.
"If I give the order be prepared to attack the militia on your flank, It will make sense later and you will all be rewarded richly for your sacrifice.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:07:47 am by mesor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 14, 2012, 10:48:21 am »

Roim was busy talking with Aeverys when he noticed a commotion near the Irregulars' HQ. Rushing there, he soon understood what was going on. The tunnel led straight to Juras' section of the perimeter. That single, unarmed man must have been a messenger of some sort. Now, the Irregulars, in their bloodthirsty rage, where going to destroy his trump cards. He had to act quickly, or the defender would notice something fishy.

"Get me a signaller. I want a general attack right now according to the established plan: a general but prudent assault along all the perimeter by reserve units, with the regular army divised in 5 divisions attacking weak points. Hold the attack a bit on Juras' section. Get the Colonel of my guard to ready his men, we'll go by the tunnel. Send for Azthor, his power-armored regiment would be helpful supporting me in the tunnel. House Gard will stay with Aeverys.

You!"
shouted Roim, pointing at one of his staff's NCO. Run in this tunnel and get those Irregulars back. We'll need them for the assault. You!" pointing at two of his bodyguards. Block this tunnel and prevent anyone from getting in. Having given his order, Roim started searching the corpse, looking for some kind of message.

Order an attack, militia all around and the real units attacking perceived weaker points.
Get the guards ready to swarm the tunnel.
Search Juras' messenger.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:44 am »

Have the ship drop us off in a temperate area, possibly with some islands nearby, before maintaining a geocentrical orbit.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 15, 2012, 01:14:15 pm »

((Also Ghaz, since this is one massive battle, involving many PC, it might be better to split it up in several sub-battles and run only a round or two at a time. Will be more fun methink.))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:21 pm »

((Hope you don't mind if i made 3 out of your 5 Divisions. It was easier manageable that way))
Battle in the Tunnels and the Center

[5] Your Man Manages to reach the Tunnel in time before the Irregulars start a larger assault. Already 5 Regiments have crowded into the Tunnel, most of them armed with flamethrowers...[5] HE somehow manages to calm Pick down, who numbly leaves the tunnel with his men, mumbling about damn Mercs. [4] He then manages to establish contact with Juras Regiments.

[?] The whole commotion seems to go by unnoticed by the Defenders. Getting your Power-Armored Regiments ready you and Azthor head into the Tunnels waiting for the sign of Juras.

Noble Coalition Army
20 Regiments Militia (Militia,Ordinary,Muskets,Outdated Armour) -1 Strength, -3 Morale, -1 Tactics [1/1HP]
 3 Regiments Coalition Infantry  (Regular,Ordinary, Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) +3 Strength On Walls, Strength vs. Tactics, can not be attacked
Trench-System: Must be taken in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Centre Point: +3 Morale

Total: -1 Strength, 0 Morale, -1 Tactics

Roim,Azthor and Jura's
 3 Regiments Mercenary Line Infantry (Bloodied, Ordinary, Muskets,Outdated Armor,Merc) +1 Strength, -4 Morale, +1 Tactics, [1/1HP]
 1 Regiment Mercenary Artillery (Bloodied, Ordinary,Artillery,Outdated Armor,Merc) +1 Strength, -4 Morale, +1 Tactics, -1HP [1/1HP] Morale Shock!
 1 Regiment House Guard(Veteran,Nobleborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power Armoured,Loyal,Genetically Engineered) +8 Strength, +11 Morale, +5 Tactics  +6 HP [8/8HP]
 1 Regiment Biker House Guard (Regular,Nobleborn,Muskets,Flak Armour,Loyal,Babarian) +3 Strength, +4 Morale, -1 Tactics [2/2HP]
 2 Regiments Power-Armoured Regulars (Regular,Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power-Armoured) +4 Strength, +2 Tactics, +3 Morale +3 HP [4/4HP]

Tunnels: Morale Shock

Total: Morale Shock,  +2 Strength, 0 Morale, +2 Tactics

Novan Army
20 Regiments Regulars(Regular,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +5 Strength, -3 Tactics  [3/3 HP]
 5 Regiments Serfs(Militia,Ordinary,Muskets,Leather-Armour,Peasants) -1 Strength, -5 Morale, -3 Tactics [1/1HP]
 1 Regiments "Luks Unlucky Bunch" (Regular,Frontiermen,Arquebuses,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +1 Strength, -3 Tactics  [3/3 HP]
103 Regiments Regiments Conscripts (Militia,Ordinary,Arquebuses,Leather Armour,Peasant) -2 Strength, -5 Morale, -3 Tactics [1/1HP]

Total: -1 Strength, -3 Tactics, -4 Morale

With a sign from Juras, you and your men spill from the Tunnels and set upon the Enemy Centre.

Round 1
Roim: Ambush! (Morale Shock, Destroyed Units Retreat into the Tunnel on a +4 instead)
Coalition Army: DEFEND! (Stops Ambush, Roim and Juras forced back into Tunnel)
Novan Army: CHARGE! [4-3!] = 3 Round till reaching Enemy Line

[1+2] vs. [3-1] = Ambush Success!

The Tunnel Attack is a full Success your men surprise the Centre of the Enemy Army. Screaming they set upon the terrorized Enemies.

Morale Shock! Coalition: 15 Units Retreat!

Screaming in Terror the Militia largerly makes for the gates.

The Rest engages into Hand to Hand Combat, while a deadly Laser Barrage rains from the walls

Coalition Infantry: Laser Barrage! [5+3 vs. 1+2],[6+3 vs. 6+2],[1+3 vs. 1+2]  3 Hits!: 3 Regiment Mercenary Line Infantry annihilated

Coalition Militia vs. Roims troops: Melee! [1-1 vs. 1+1],[1-1 vs. 1+8],[6-1 vs. 5+3],[2-1 vs. 5+4],[2-1 vs. 5+4]  5 Hits!: 5 Coalition Militia annihilated!

Victory for Roim,Azthor and Juras!
3 Regiments Mercenary Line Infantry annihilated
5 Regiments Coalition Militia annihilated
1 Regiment Mercenary Artillery (Bloodied(1b), Ordinary,Artillery,Outdated Armor,Merc)
1 Regiment House Guard(Veteran(1b),Nobleborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power Armoured,Loyal,Genetically Engineered)
1 Regiment Biker House Guard (Regular(1b),Nobleborn,Muskets,Flak Armour,Loyal,Babarian)
2 Regiments Power-Armoured Regulars (Regular(1b),Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power-Armoured)
Your Regiments will reach the left Flank on Round 2

Battle at the Left Flank

Noble Coalition Army
20 Regiments Militia (Militia,Ordinary,Muskets,Outdated Armour) -1 Strength, -3 Morale, -1 Tactics [1/1HP]
  1 Regiment Coalition Infantry (Regular,Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) +3 Strength On Walls, Strength vs. Tactics, can not be attacked

Total: -1 Strength,-1 Tactics, -3 Morale

Novan Army
105 Regiments Conscripts (Militia,Ordinary,Arquebuses,Leather Armour,Peasant) -2 Strength, -5 Morale, -3 Tactics [1/1HP]
 20 Regiments Regulars(Regular,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +5 Strength, -3 Tactics  [3/3 HP]

Total: -1 Strength, -3 tactics, -4 Morale

Round 1
Azthor and Roims Elite: Reinforce! (wait a round)
Coalition: Meet the Charge!
Novan Army: Human Tide! [3-3]= 3 Rounds till reaching the Enemy Lines!

Coalition Fire:[21 Rolls] 10 Hits! 10 Conscript Regiments Annihilated!

That very Moment, when the Ambushers are finished in the Center, Over 500 Regiments charge as one. A gigantic Human Tide rolls upon the Defending Regiments, but they hold fast, even though half a million souls join in a otherworldly HURRRAA as they charge upon the Coalition. Immediately Muskets and Laser guns fire upon the Wall of Men, and hit. The losses are terrible, even with the first salvo 10 Regiments fall but the Novan Army charges unfazed trampling the hapless wounded and dead under them.

Round 2

Coalition Fire:[21 Rolls] 9 Hits! 9 Conscript Regiments Annihilated!
Roims and Azthors Elites reinforce!

Azthor: Ambush! (Morale Shock, Destroyed Units Retreat into the Tunnel on a +4 instead)
Coalition Army: DEFEND! (Stops Ambush, Roim and Juras forced back into Tunnel)

[1+2 vs. 2-1] = Ambush Sucess!
Morale Shock! Coalition: 19 Units Retreat but are encircled! 19 Units Coalition Militia annihilated
[3+1 vs. 3-1] Coalition militia Annihilated
Coalition Infantry: Laser Barrage! [6+3 vs. 1+1]

The Moment the Second Salvo has been fired The Power Armoured troops ambush the Coalition troopers who flee in panic, only to meet their doom in the form of the Center Bulk of Roims army who has taken control of the Central Trenches and keeps the gates under control. But even as your men cut down the Last Defendind Militia Regiment, the last of the Mercenaries are killed by Laser barrage from the walls.

Victory for Roim,Azthor and Juras!
19 Regiments Conscripts Lost!
1 Regiment Mercenary Artillery lost!
20 Regiments Militia Annihilated
1 Regiment House Guard(Veteran(2b),Nobleborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power Armoured,Loyal,Genetically Engineered)
1 Regiment Biker House Guard (Bloodied,Nobleborn,Muskets,Flak Armour,Loyal,Babarian)
2 Regiments Power-Armoured Regulars (Bloodied,Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power-Armoured)

Battle at the Right Flank

Noble Coalition Army
  1 Regiment Coalition Infantry (Regular,Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) +3 Strength On Walls, Strength vs. Tactics, can not be attacked

Total: -1 Strength,-1 Tactics, -3 Morale

Novan Army
65 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Green, Frontiermen,Arquebuses,Leather Armour) -2 Strength, -4 Morale, -3 Tactics [2/2Hp]
15 Regiments Hivescum (Militia,Hiveborn,Arquebuses,Leather Armour,Peasant) -2 Strength, -7 Morale,-2 Tactics [2/2Hp]
10 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Green, Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour) +2 Strength, -2 Morale, -4 Tactics [5/5Hp] Morale Shock!
 5 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Green, Frontiermen,Half-Automatic Rifles,Leather Armour) 0 Strength, -4 Morale, -3 Tactics [2/2Hp]
 5 Regiments Regulars(Regular,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +5 Strength, -3 Tactics  [3/3 HP]
 5 Regiments Regulars(Regular(1B),Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +5 Strength, -3 Tactics  [3/3 HP]
10 Regiments Regulars (Regular,Hiveborn,Muskets,Leather Armour, Babarian) +4 Strength, -1 Tactics, -2 Morale  [3/3 HP]
 1 Regiment Motorized Regulars (Regular, Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour, Trucks) +4 Strengthl, +4 Tactics, +2 Morale, [2/2HP]

Total: 0 Strength, -3 Tactics, -4 Morale

Round 1:
Azthor and Roims Elite: Reinforce! (wait 4 rounds)
Coalition: Meet the Charge!
Novan Army: Human Tide! [2-3]=  3 Rounds till reaching the Enemy Lines!

Coalition Fire! [21 Rolls] 6 Hits!: 3 Regiments Hivescum annihilated!

Even as the Left Flank shudders under the Mighty Salvos of the Defenders, the Right Flank is hit by the same. The Front Rows, entirely composed of the worst Hivescum one could imagine, is torn apart by Muskets and the occasional Laser.

Round 2

Coalition Fire! [21 Rolls] 12 Hits!: 6 Regiments Hivescum annihilated!

Even though the barriage is terrible the Army seems to be holding up much better than the left flank.

Round 3

Coalition Fire! [21 Rolls] 9 Hits!: 6 Regiments Hivescum annihilated! 3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars [1/2HP]

even as the Last Salvo eradicates the last remnants of the Hivescum, the Irregulars vault into the Trenches and viscious combat erupts. The Flamethrowers prove terrible weapons in such close quarters.

Morale Shock! Coalition: [20 Rolls] 13 Regiments rout but are encircled and annihilated!

The initial fire burst lit more than three quarters of the Enemy on fire. the remains are more than frightened but determined to fight on!

Coalition Militia vs. Irregulars: Melee! [2-1 vs. 1+2],[6-1 vs. 2+2],[6-1 vs. 6+2],[3-1 vs. 4+2],[3-1 vs. 1+2],[2-1 vs. 6+2],[3-1 vs. 6+2]  6 Hits!: 6 Coalition Militia annihilated! 1 Regiment Reachwood Flamethrowers [4/5HP]

Explosion?: 6

Coalition Infantry: Laser Barrage! [1+3 vs. 4+2]

Coalition Militia vs. Irregulars: Melee! [2-1 vs. 5+2] Coalition Militia annihilated!

Irregulars Victory!
1 Regiment Reachwood Flamethrowers [4/5HP]
3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars [1/2HP]
15 Regiments Hivescum lost
20 Regiments Coalition Militia annihilated
62 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Arquebuses,Leather Armour)[2/2Hp]
 3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Arquebuses,Leather Armour) [1/2Hp]
 9 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour)[5/5Hp]
 1 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour)[4/5Hp]
 5 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Half-Automatic Rifles,Leather Armour) [2/2Hp]
 5 Regiments Regulars(Regular(1b),Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians)[3/3 HP]
 5 Regiments Regulars(Bloodied,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians)  [3/3 HP]
10 Regiments Regulars (Regular(1b),Hiveborn,Muskets,Leather Armour, Babarian) [3/3 HP]
 1 Regiment Motorized Regulars (Regular(1b)r, Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour, Trucks) [2/2HP]

The Remaining Regulars on the walls retreat inside the city, preparing the next line of Defense, and with that, the Battle for the Walls is done.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 16, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »

(( So I'm alive but all 4 regiments of my men are dead? ))

Locate Roim and then approach him and drop to one knee lowering my head respectfully.
"My lord I am glad you made it, I am at your service but unfortunately my infantry was destroyed holding the enemy back long enough for your men to attack from the tunnels. And my artillery was lost shortly after while supporting the assault on the left flank so I have no forces left to continue the assault, I await your command if you have any task for me.
I would humbly request that you send some men to search the positions where my men died for survivors some of my men may yet be saved.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:41:59 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 89