Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87441 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #780 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »

Its on hold no longer: turn incoming
But first an apology life can some times throw stuff at you and some times it throws a lot of stuff at you at once.
Updating this takes a huge amount of time on my part (which I invest purely because I enjoy updating this thing) and is naturaly the first thing that gets put on hold when their is a strain on my available time.
But that doesn't excuse not informing you guys this would be on hold nor does it excuse me forgetting about this when things quietened down.
Anyway give me a bit to put together a new turn.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:11 pm »

Your not sure why but for some reason the trip to Braben hall seems to take a vastly longer time than it should have.
Yet the crew of the Flarewise don't seem to notice and report that the trip the same amount of time as normal.
A little disorientated the crew of the Firestar arrive at Braben Hall.

Spoiler: Braben Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)
[/list]

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:38 pm »

Buy three Gatling Turrets, and one Rocket Turret. Ammo wise buy 100 credits worth of Gatling Rounds, six interceptors, and two tracker missiles

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 24, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

Walks to where the crew is docked and introduces himself, his resume' so to speak, and asks to be part of the crew.

Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 24, 2012, 05:24:28 am »

Buy three Gatling Turrets, and one Rocket Turret. Ammo wise buy 100 credits worth of Gatling Rounds, six interceptors, and two tracker missiles
2,145 3 gattling turrets
  689 1 rocket turret
  100 1200 gattling rounds
   30 2 trackers
  120 6 interceptors

While docked you are approched by a man calling himself Alec Field who wishes to join your crew.
He's a speciality pilot and is very skilled at getting from point a to point b while making as little heat as possible.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 24, 2012, 05:33:44 am »

"I believe that's about it. So would you have me? Any personal questions?"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 24, 2012, 06:07:26 am »

"It's fine if you join us. Just know that if you betray us..."
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 24, 2012, 08:08:21 am »

Take those four turrets and turn them into drones, once that is done work on reinforcing their armor, and improving their target algorithms to make them more effective in combat

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:10 am »

"If I betray you, I give my permission to string me up on your ships prow." Alec gives a polite smile and wanders toward the shuttle bay. "So what do you want me to fly? Fighter? Bomber? Assault? Somethin' else?"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 24, 2012, 05:17:17 pm »

You think if we bought like bunch of big ball bearings (like the size of your head) we could whip up some more of that shotgun scrapunition that doesn't tear up the gun as much?  Maybe it will be more effective. Or less.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 25, 2012, 05:17:39 am »

Take those four turrets and turn them into drones, once that is done work on reinforcing their armor, and improving their target algorithms to make them more effective in combat
Do you want to purchase materials to make them with such as fabrication components and electronics (higher quaility, more reliable) or just use scarp (much crappier but free)?

You think if we bought like bunch of big ball bearings (like the size of your head) we could whip up some more of that shotgun scrapunition that doesn't tear up the gun as much?  Maybe it will be more effective. Or less.
Ball bearings are rather dense which makes them good muntions but the problem with loading them is you need a way to stop them bouncing around inside the railgun when it's fired or they'll do tremendous damage to it's insides.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 25, 2012, 05:24:26 am »

Do you want to purchase materials to make them with such as fabrication components and electronics (higher quaility, more reliable) or just use scarp (much crappier but free)?

Ball bearings are rather dense which makes them good muntions but the problem with loading them is you need a way to stop them bouncing around inside the railgun when it's fired or they'll do tremendous damage to it's insides.
1. I think we should go high quality drones
2. Maybe we should include some Electromagnets. Same shape as the balls, and they keep them togheter when they are launched. As soon as the balls leave the railguns, the magnetic fields are reversed /deactivated and the balls spread out.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 25, 2012, 07:28:30 am »

If we want to do a better quality version of the shotgunning, the way to go is a big barrel of scrap thats made to be fored well out of it, and a bomb in the middle that blows up right as it exits.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 25, 2012, 07:39:22 am »

Alright. So what do you guys say to 5 driller nukes and 10 blinders. Do we need anything else? Maybe a comn jammer or transponder replacement, just to keep handy. I saw the mining drill. Do you think that would ever come in handy? I'm guessing it would but I don't know how cumbersome it would be or if it has to be used on the surface. Could you give a description of it please, Jerrick?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:22:31 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 25, 2012, 08:42:15 am »

Alright. So what do you guys say to 5 driller nukes and 10 blinders. Do we need anything else? Maybe a comn jammer or transponder replacement, just to keep handy. I saw the mining drill. Do you think that would ever come in handy? I'm guessing it would but I don't know how cumbersome it would be or if it has to be used on the surface. Could you give a description of it please, Jerrick?
The mining drill is a fairly large mechanism for latching onto and breaking up rocks and collects the aggregate material.
It has several heads and can bore deep holes or grind things to dust depeneding on what head is attached.
It's a little larger than a shuttle.

1. I think we should go high quality drones
15 fabrication components and 5 electronic components per drone adds up to a total of 400 credits

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71