Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48877 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 9: Progress By Any Other Name]
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:14 pm »

I have one last question: If you has a sort of enchanting system, how does it work? Is it just the basic "Imbue an object with magic", or is it the more complex type; - a la magical reagents and whatnot? Say a bit a bottled darkness and a hand of a crawl-fear would enchant a blade with a sort of death magic? Ice Wraith teeth and Frostbite Venom (Lol skyrim) would give a battleaxe a biting chill?
Also, forgot about this.

It's possible to enchant things without reagents, but it's less powerful/reliable/etc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2011, 04:48:57 pm »

Well, can't say I expected this. Looks like we're going after water first. Athara looked at the assorted people already on the beach. I suppose I should get a better look around. The aellar spread her wings, and with a few powerful movements from the appropriate muscles launched herself upwards into the air.

Go up and get a good view of the surroundings to see if there's any landmarks or anything that could help us out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2011, 06:07:03 pm »

Well, if it's as simple as that, why hesitate? I'll head to the location that the frog-men wish me to go, but...Proceed with caution. If I can find a few lone enemies (Such as those pitifully weak frog-men), then kill 'em. And try and bring them back to life, even if it's only temporary. Some practice in Necromancy can't hurt!

OOC: @IronyOwl: Cool! Magic with Reagents is awesome. Say, would it possible to be able to drain magical artifacts to either fuel (Of course, temporarily) extra-powerful spells, or enchant a different item, even to a lesser degree?

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2011, 06:18:45 pm »

Go catch up with the others, maybe when you are better at the magic, or after you return to the tower you can fix it or get it fixed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2011, 07:02:24 pm »

OOC: @IronyOwl: Cool! Magic with Reagents is awesome. Say, would it possible to be able to drain magical artifacts to either fuel (Of course, temporarily) extra-powerful spells, or enchant a different item, even to a lesser degree?
Probably, though it might require a specialized skill to access.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2011, 07:03:48 pm »

Watch the insect-man and warn him if a creature comes close. Continue to rest otherwise.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2011, 07:09:45 pm »

Use my water magic to send something akin to a sonar pulse, and then I should be able to get a rough Idea of whats in the sea.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2011, 06:12:36 am »

Drzkktizz tries to lift one of the 'eggs' out of the water and bring them to shore.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »

Turn 10: Sink or Swim

Go up and get a good view of the surroundings to see if there's any landmarks or anything that could help us out.
[4-1-2+1] You flap up into the air, but are unable to get very far while focusing on landmarks.

+3 Flying

Well, if it's as simple as that, why hesitate? I'll head to the location that the frog-men wish me to go, but...Proceed with caution. If I can find a few lone enemies (Such as those pitifully weak frog-men), then kill 'em. And try and bring them back to life, even if it's only temporary. Some practice in Necromancy can't hurt!
[6] You follow their directions exactly, despite being a not fishlike swimmer who also can't see in the dark. Good thing the location is in much, much shallower waters.

More specifically, you end up at what is essentially a small underwater cliff, perhaps twenty feet high, from the shallow beach-like part to a somewhat lower, rockier portion. It's hard to see anything at night, but there appears to be a round, somewhat dob-shaped structure. It's pretty massive as far as a cottage would go, but not really what you'd expect from anything more complex.

Before you have time to caution yourself, you find yourself peeking in through the only visible door, a massive round hole in the front. It's indeed one giant room, with various objects next to the walls. Several shapes are moving around in the middle, but it's difficult enough to make out anything at night, much less at night, underwater, and in a room.

You guess they are indeed those tiny frogmen, but it's impossible to say for certain. As for what they're doing, you have no idea.

Go catch up with the others, maybe when you are better at the magic, or after you return to the tower you can fix it or get it fixed
You follow your comrades, who are mostly standing around fumbling with magic. Well, at least now you don't feel alone.

You seem to have lost some people, though. That archer, necromancer, and conjurer are all missing. At least you've gained a human and an elfbird in return, though.

Watch the insect-man and warn him if a creature comes close. Continue to rest otherwise.
[6] You actually doze off for a little bit. Oops.

+4 HP

Use my water magic to send something akin to a sonar pulse, and then I should be able to get a rough Idea of whats in the sea.
[6-2-1+2] You send out a sensitive band of water. Rather than bouncing back, you should be able to simply feel it as it rushes over everything.

Wow. That is a big shark straight out from you. Also there's some large creature surrounded by tiny ones off to the side. They're all pretty close, else you wouldn't have been able to sense them.

+3 Water Magic

Drzkktizz tries to lift one of the 'eggs' out of the water and bring them to shore.
[2-1] You get a sudden sense of something being wrong, punctuated by a large fin approaching you at high speeds.

[2+3] vs [6-1] You dive to the side at the last second, and a shark's head the size of a wheelbarrow slams its teeth into the spot you were just standing.

+6 Dodge
Now Dabbling Dodger!
Now Novice Dodger!
New Trait!

Those of you on the beach notice something coming out of the water. Aside from the shark and, in all probability, the mantisman. Specifically, a very large humanoid slithers up onto shore- it's difficult to see in the moonlight, but appears to be a dark purple and possessing some sort of crest. Tiny shapes, which you assume to be more of the frogmen, dart around it.

It points towards Ochita, and begins moving parallel to the water's edge in that direction.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin's dodge may have been my favorite moment in this RTD so far. Also, gaining two skill levels from successfully dodging the same horrifying incident is worth a trait, I think. He can select anything of appropriate power (which should probably be a situational +1 to something) and appropriateness (which is fairly flexible, but the general idea should be self-evident).

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 10: Sink or Swim]
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »

I'll attempt to observe what's going on, and if I can, sling a low-level Necromantic spell at them. Something that hurts, say...Gloom Dart? (A few small darts of pure darkness leap from the Caster's fingers, slamming into whatever he's aiming at. Highly accurate, but not exceptionally powerful.)

And Dwarmin! Holy crap, man. I wish that my 6 did something good, ah well...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2011, 08:26:40 pm »

Blast a high intensity light at the shark, hopefully overloading its senses temporarily
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »

Get into the shallows and ready my sword. Slash at the shark should it try to attack the mantisman.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2011, 09:32:02 pm »

High velocity water bullet time!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2011, 11:30:17 pm »

Hover and observe the action. If that purple blob looks hostile, use a minor wind spell to blow sand in its eyes and blind it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2011, 05:42:32 pm »

Drzkktizz knew it was foolish to face this creature in it's natural element...the warning of it's impending attack had been more innate that cognizant-he had felt the vibrations in the water of something large moving toward him in the tiny hairs on his legs. He had thrown himself aside on instinct-and was rewarded by not being eaten alive. And yet, he felt no fear-or even anything like it. Merely a sense of clinical detachment. He didn't rush-there was nothing like panic to speed his steps. He merely made his way toward the shore putting one foot in front of the other, bracing himself against the periodic waves that could knock him off balance.

Maybe he would get the shore-depending on a number of variables. His spell, for example, might fool the beast-or the timely intervention of one his allies. Or he might just move fast enough to avoid the Sharks roaming hunger. It wouldn't risk moving to close to the shallows, after all-why risk a slow death, beached on the shore for the sake of a meal? Unless, of course, it was something more.

No matter in the end. Either he would die-or he would not. There was nothing even personal about it. Sharks had to eat as well as he did. He held not ill will toward the creature, and did hope they could both escape intact and alive.

Like a chess player, all he could do was move his piece and see what happened

Action: Drzkktizz moves back back toward shore-casting a spell of murky colored, ink like poison in the water to try and fool the sharks senses and cover his escape.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41