Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48915 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 4: Pest Control]
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2011, 01:02:29 am »

Kothraze would have smiled, had he been able and capable.

Cast another Lesser Poison Jet on the frogs, trying to hit more than one.

OOC: @Irony: Do you mind if we get a named spell list btw? That cheap one I just used is called Lesser Poison Jet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2011, 09:13:43 am »

Ok this is getting ridiculous, Try again I should have at least lucked out by now
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2011, 09:41:58 am »

@Wolfchild: Mrm, brute force doesn't work with magic. :P
You notice how I toned down my own poison spell to be an easier one so I could actually cast it with some degree of sucess.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »

OOC: @Irony: Do you mind if we get a named spell list btw? That cheap one I just used is called Lesser Poison Jet.
Actually, knowing spells will have an in-game impact. Not knowing the spell in question is what that -1 in all those +2-2-1s is.

I haven't actually figured out how you'll learn spells yet, however. It'll probably involve either succeeding with one a few times in a row, and/or rolling a very high number with it a few times. Suggestions welcome, actually. >_>

@Wolfchild: Mrm, brute force doesn't work with magic. :P
You notice how I toned down my own poison spell to be an easier one so I could actually cast it with some degree of sucess.
He's already using Novice-level spells, though. The 0 on an Apprentice-level one was what shadowed her hand.

On that note, he could try going the opposite direction, using a more effective, higher-level spell and then hoping to get lucky on the roll. Obviously, that'd make it easier to get a really terrible roll, however, which could be pretty devastating (another Apprentice-0 could shadow your other hand, for instance).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »

Well...

Hows this for an idea-we all get 'spellbooks', doesn't have to be literal, that start out empty. As we cast spells succesfully, especially harder ones we got Elemental Mana that allows us to craft them officially, enscribe them in our books, etc. To add an element of loot fun, we could also get Elemental Mana from other sources, like monsters.

Ex.

The team kills a Giant Jellyfish! There's both Water and Poison Elemental Mana that we can absorb from it's corpse, in addition to any thing else we can make out of it.

Drzkktizz aborbs all 3 of Poison Elemental Mana from it, and crafts a minor poison jet spell, or maybe he saves it for the 10 or 15 needed for Cloudkill (lol). Etc, etc.

Eh, could be too complicated to make up on the fly, though-but you asked for suggestions. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »

Pokin' for Kilakan and Spartan, lest they be eaten by ravenous fish-men.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2011, 05:48:36 pm »

I'm in a bloody minded mood tonight, so I say kill em off and get on with the turn!  >:(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

I'm in a bloody minded mood tonight, so I say kill em off and get on with the turn!  >:(
Bugger you :P

Attempt to blow the bugs towards the water with a strong gust of air, in the hopes that they would drown.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2011, 06:12:32 pm »

Turn 5: Magic and Bugs

Okay, this is ridiculous. Calm down Laz'Ka, just...Calm down. You have to play as a teammate here, you can't just start killing things...Especially while everybody else is murdering them. Fine...

Continue doing what those bloody frog-men want with me. Try and smile at the little one. Try not to kill them. Make sure to try very very hard.
Compliance: [1]
Smile: [4]
Nokill: [3]

You manage to enrage the larger one, who begins beating you over the head with its spear. You twitch and foul power glows slightly in your hands, but you manage to refrain from using it. Your attempts at placating the little one go alright.

The larger one is now eying you suspiciously, having noticed your slight spark of power. The little one is just floating there happily, watching the larger one attempt to beat you into following orders.

-1 HP

Run past one then run around another, then stab one of them.
[4+1-1-1] vs [6] Your attempts at weaving around them are mildly successful, but your attempts at stabbing them are not.

[5+1] vs [1] [Tiebreaker irrelevant] Your maneuver also happens to plant you in the middle of the little ones, which means they're in excellent position to stab you in coordinated fashion.

-5 HP

Kothraze would have smiled, had he been able and capable.

Cast another Lesser Poison Jet on the frogs, trying to hit more than one.
[5-1-1+2] vs [1][3] Successfully hitting two of the frogs, you notice one collapsing and twitching instantly, while the other staggers, obviously not doing so well.

+2 Poison Magic!
Frog slain!
Frog poisoned!

Ok this is getting ridiculous, Try again I should have at least lucked out by now
[2-1-1+1] You expand the darkness to cover more of your hand. That'll probably make it even harder to get rid of.

+1 Light Magic
Shadowed Hand deepens

Attempt to blow the bugs towards the water with a strong gust of air, in the hopes that they would drown.
[5-3-1+2] vs [4] You summon the tail end of a mighty gust, disrupting the edge of the swarm, but failing to truly hit it.

[2-1] vs [1] The swarm narrowly misses you, unable to quite catch up after that gust.

+4 Conjuring

Quote from: SPARTAN MK. III
RETURN TO ALLIES
Deciding that there's probably nothing more to be gathered at the rocks, you return to the group. They seem... busy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 5: Magic and Bugs]
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »

"Kemler-szon, sztay sztrong. I am wear-ing them down." The bug man said, it a voice that didn't seem very urgent or excited.

Drzkktizz didn't sweat, but his blood vessels could now be seen pulsing under his skin from the exertion of casting.

Cast another lesser poison jet, trying to kill the last two undamaged ones.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »

I'm screwed.

Wildly slash at the surrounding enemies.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »

OOC: Don't worry Micelus, I will make rubbing cream from your characters corpse and call it "Kemler's Balm".  ???

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2011, 08:07:34 pm »

I'll put on a small show of strength, some flashy magic. Try to look tough, but not intimidating. Things should go well. Of course, comply with the fish-guy. NOTHING that's heavily out of my league, I don't need to fail.

@IronyOwl: That turn was awesome! I'm glad that my character was able to resist mutilating something. Maybe that'll be one of his flaws...Easily pissed off, and has to roll to make sure he doesn't screw up any diplomacy...

OOC: Don't worry Micelus, I will make rubbing cream from your characters corpse and call it "Kemler's Balm".  ???

...wat
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:12:17 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2011, 07:32:10 am »

ok, what was the extra -1 for, TRY AGAIN I am not going without my magic damnit oh you seperated it out

damn this sucks so hard, 1 bad roll did this, 1

edit2: but why do I only get +1 Apprentice gives +2
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:34:22 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2011, 03:06:13 pm »

I've been subtracting it straight from your apprentice bonus, rather than adding it on separately. You're getting -1 for it being a Novice level spell, -1 for not knowing the spell in question, +2 for being an Apprentice, and then -1 for the shadowed hand effect.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41