Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we use generic currency, or unique currencies?

I think we should use generic currency.
- 0 (0%)
I think we should use original currencies the way Araph listed them.
- 4 (80%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a conversion rate of 100:10:1
- 1 (20%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a simpler conversion rate (post your ideas if you chose this).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)  (Read 17801 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2011, 02:27:36 pm »

The list so far:
Generic Dwarven Monk
Demonicly Possessed Doctor
Sociopathic Blind Thief
Undereducated Teenaged Elf

And a bard of some sort. At least, thats what I am assuming BD will be.

Note how two people in the party are far more dangerous then anyone else. And how one of them is the medic.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:29:32 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

And an elf archer stereotype!

Just need to think up some gifts/flaws and stuff.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:25 pm »

Undereducated Teenage Warrior Elf, if you please. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2011, 02:51:53 pm »

I'd like to point out that one of his ideals to be helpful. He's just a little sadistic. Won't kill anyone. Really. *Shifty Eyes*

My character is basically a doctor who's mind is corrupt by a demon-like deity. Still is a doctor, just a bit more dangerous if you are up against him. There's no outright possession so much as a personality adjustment.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet v2 (click to show/hide)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »

I'm going to have fun RPing this. It shall be !!FUN!! Just look at those weaknesses. :D

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

One problem, and that's the Fallen. They can't be possessed people. Why is that, you might ask? First off, divinities and infernals very, very rarely affect the campaign world. Second, possession is nothing to sneeze at. You have some sort of distinguishing feature that tips people off as to your nature, which makes it obvious that you're evil. That said, you would never be accepted into a city, any predominantly-good adventuring party, or even society in general. Third, I will feel compelled to have your character's target for possession fight him every step of the adventure. Think of going through a campaign with a severely epileptic guy in the party.

Having a slightly demonic race would be fine; I've even got a little backstory for it. Possession won't fly, though. Sorry.

Oh, and one suggestion: would you prefer a class that's more of a doctor/wizard hybrid? I was planning on making a more support-oriented category that would include doctors. Not entirely sure what else would fall into that category, though.
Hmm, I need help thinking of a Gift or two. I've got most of the rest of it done now but I'm drawing a blank as to what would be good for Kanasrae.

EDIT: I have some fluff down but not effects. :\ She has more flaws than gifts at the moment since her first two flaws are relatively temporary and the third is sort of the same as her second gift, so it cancels itself out in a way.

I don't think the Inexperienced flaw will work out. How would it affect gameplay in some concrete way? What came to mind was either take penalties to a wide variety of skills or even slow down skill leveling speed. If you have a suggestion that might work, I'd be glad to hear it.

And you labeled 'Weaknesses' as another 'Flaws'.

All good except the Ideals and Weaknesses section. His weakness is supposed to be a personal flaw of his, not something he dislikes. His ideals are standards he either wants to live up to or naturally lives up to. Just fix those and you're good to go until Races are finished.

Spoiler: Character Sheet v2 (click to show/hide)

What codes of honor are you referring to?

With the Gifts/Flaws Honor-Bound and Racial Renown, I'm introducing Corresponding Traits! These are where you have to take both the gift and the flaw or take neither of them. Putting that on the doc now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09:43 pm »

OK, re-posting sheet with edits. Glad Kashyyk and I inspired a new mechanic. ^^^ Since part of her deal is always devouring sweet stuffs, I'm thinking about adding a flaw or weakness where eating too many might accidentally trigger Berserk status due to a sugar rush. How would that work, mechanically speaking? :3

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:11:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »

OK, re-posting sheet with edits. Glad Kashyyk and I inspired a new mechanic. ^^^ Since part of her deal is always devouring sweet stuffs, I'm thinking about adding a flaw or weakness where eating too many might accidentally trigger Berserk status due to a sugar rush. How would that work, mechanically speaking? :3

Mechanically speaking, it would work the same way a Berserker's rage works, only involuntary. Personally speaking, though...

<_<
>_>

I, uh... am OCD about random facts. And that's an urban legend, so while the majority of my brain is saying 'hey, hilarity would ensue if that happened in the middle of the city!', my id is firmly saying 'NEVAR!!!1'.

Yeah...

Sorry.

EDIT: Hey! Skill update thingy! I finished the descriptions for physical skills and added the attributes for mental skills, in case anyone wants to check what attributes affect what and whatnot. For social skills, I'm still thinking on it; how would Charisma and Presence fit together? Soon, though, they'll be done. Also, I added Presence to the attribute thing, but don't bother redoing your attributes. I think Presence will be unique in that your character's race and size will have far more of an effect on it than attribute points will.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:34:34 pm by Araph »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:38 pm »

No problem, just thought it might be funny to trigger sometimes. I'm not too attached to it. ^^^ But yeah, that works well for Presence. Should there be other factors? Like, if Physical skills are your primary, that would add a bit to Presence since you're clearly a warrior, Social would be neutral, and Mental would lower a bit since people would be more inclined to see you as bookwormish?

QUICK EDIT: I meant Kinesthetic, Social, and Analytical Sense. ^^^;

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:50 pm »

QUICK EDIT: I meant Kinesthetic, Social, and Analytical Sense. ^^^;
Nice save. :P

I was thinking of something like that. Race would have the biggest impact, followed by Strength, followed by points put into it. Your focus is just what you're naturally good at, so you could be good at physical things but still be more of an intellectual. Your attributes are what you've actually made progress in.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:08 pm »

Would my version of the fallen work if they possessed dead people, and then changed form (I'll draw a picture)? I would have to change the gifts/flaws, and the ideals/weaknesses, but still. There may be some sort of method that they need to use to enter the world.

Oh, and just because they look evil doesn't mean they have to be. I'll change the personality a bit if we're suppose to be mostly good.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

No race is ever really restricted to being good/evil (Unless your some mystical deity from the heavens.), but please don't over due the evil thing. Seriously, I know this is just a test run but I like roleplaying.

So yeah don't run around trying to be overly evil, like "IM GOING TO KILL THIS GUARD BECAUSE I'M EVIL, HAHAHAHA."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16:45 pm »

I'm basically a chaotic good person if we're going by D&D alignments myself so I find it hard to play evil (and practically never do) without being a total douchebag... which is sad because I think certain kinds of evil characters can be pretty interesting. Now, if Fool was going to play a character who was evil but very subtle about it, gaining a little political pull here, a few allies there, and then went full-blown maniacal once he had the power to do so with no one to stand against him (except future campaign characters :D)... that would be awesome. :3 Basically, to get back to my main point, I don't mind him being evil either as long as he's not Stupid Evil.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »

I never play Stupid Evil. I like to justify my actions, even if they are extreme (avoids metagaming too). With that said my last evil character had little reason to keep everyone alive after the first section of the campaign. This made me consider either killing everyone in their sleep, or making a new character. I chose to make a new character. I wasn't about to piss everyone off.

I was aiming at a slightly sadistic demon that wants to help people. The sadistic side is subtle, whether it be not enough anesthetic, or an 'accidental' pull on some stitches. You know, something most people wouldn't notice. Otherwise the character is a bit power hungry, but not 'I want to rule the world' power hungry. Any ways to increase magic power normally is free game, but I'm not going to rob a church for their artifacts. My character would be either true neutral (since he follows the law), or chaotic neutral.

EDIT: I won't draw a picture right now, but they don't look human. The face is longer, noseless(?), and there are horns. I might change the look even more.

You know... they can just be a race unto themselves if possession is out of the question.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:48:54 pm by The Fool »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16