Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187991 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Squirrelloid?

The Curse

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Stalking Swordthunders since November 27th 2011.
    • View Profile

THE ONE YOU CALL SQUIRRELLOID IS MERELY MY PRISONER. I AM THE CURSE OF SWORDTHUNDERS, AN AVATAR OF CHAOS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Oh really now?

I defeated your curse.

So, I have about two and a half months left with the fort before I must pass it on.  This is not enough time for another big project.  What should I do now?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Accomplish some minor tasks, and make sure things like food and drink are available and in stable production.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Oh Armok. First someone made an account named Stuzang to harass people in Failcannon, and now we have The Curse.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

Well looks like things are going well for once. Also
Good news:  I'm supposed to get 15 inches of snow tomorrow, so I will probably be able to sit on my ass and play DF all day.  I might actually be able to feed the thread a real update instead of tiny little scraps of updates.

15 Inches WTF! Seriously how is that even thought of as any at all there is a snowdrift in my front yard at least 4 feet tall. I think it was two years ago there was so much snow you literally had a wall of snow covering the door you had to dig your way out. (I live in the prairies so yes we do get a lot of snow) For us to have snow days we either need that much snow or for it to hit I think minus 35 Celsius (I could be wrong I haven't checked in a very long time on what the temp needs to be) without windchill.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

THE ONE YOU CALL SQUIRRELLOID IS MERELY MY PRISONER. I AM THE CURSE OF SWORDTHUNDERS, AN AVATAR OF CHAOS.

STOP TORMENTING THESE POOR SOULS!IT IS MY JOB.

FOR.I.AM.CTHULHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Good news:  I'm supposed to get 15 inches of snow tomorrow, so I will probably be able to sit on my ass and play DF all day.  I might actually be able to feed the thread a real update instead of tiny little scraps of updates.

15 Inches WTF! Seriously how is that even thought of as any at all there is a snowdrift in my front yard at least 4 feet tall. I think it was two years ago there was so much snow you literally had a wall of snow covering the door you had to dig your way out. (I live in the prairies so yes we do get a lot of snow) For us to have snow days we either need that much snow or for it to hit I think minus 35 Celsius (I could be wrong I haven't checked in a very long time on what the temp needs to be) without windchill.

It's less to do with the quantity of snowfall, and more the fact that the powerful winds that come with these winter storms on the plains (because there is little to slow them down) cause zero visibility conditions to the extent that you can literally get lost trying to go out your front door to the car in the morning with visibility that low.  Seriously - it's not uncommon to find people with a rope anchored near the back door and another one near the garage or barn door so they can find the way in heavy blowing snow.  Even if it's only 20 feet or so.

If it was just falling, it'd be a non issue.  If it was a little wind, it would only be a little annoying.  With high winds on top of it?  It's a serious problem.

P.S. It ended up being over 22 inches.  That's not counting the drifts - those were far higher, even to the hilarious point of completely burying some vehicles.

OY!  Fishsquidface! I got a jar of dirt! 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:08:13 am by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

The Curse

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Stalking Swordthunders since November 27th 2011.
    • View Profile

ONCE I BREAK OUT OF THIS CYBERSPACE, R'LYEH WILL BE THE FIRST PLACE I INVADE. YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO HIDE, PUNY ENTITY.

Oh really now?

I defeated your curse.

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE WON?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

It's less to do with the quantity of snowfall, and more the fact that the powerful winds that come with these winter storms on the plains (because there is little to slow them down) cause zero visibility conditions to the extent that you can literally get lost trying to go out your front door to the car in the morning with visibility that low.  Seriously - it's not uncommon to find people with a rope anchored near the back door and another one near the garage or barn door so they can find the way in heavy blowing snow.  Even if it's only 20 feet or so.

If it was just falling, it'd be a non issue.  If it was a little wind, it would only be a little annoying.  With high winds on top of it?  It's a serious problem.

P.S. It ended up being over 22 inches.  That's not counting the drifts - those were far higher, even to the hilarious point of completely burying some vehicles.

I know the feeling there is often winds here so strong that being as light as I am I can't go outside due to them pushing me back. (let me tell you that was not a fun walk to school I had to hide behind one of my tall friends) As for true blizzards we get those once and a while strangely despite being on the prairies we don't get strong strong winds. Sure there are winds (wind chill hint hint) but weirdly they never kick up snow. There are a few days (varies from year to year shortest was about 1 day and longest was just over a week) where you can't see stuff but again they are more rare than not. No we just get a metric ton of snow buried cars are a norm rather than the exception for most of the winter here. Luckily it hasn't snowed super hard lately but that doesn't mean it has gone away yet. If you're wondering I live in Saskatchewan so yes it's a prairie. Where do you live? I like having comparisons for things like these. Yes I'm Canadian and yes I am awesome.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

So I'm hoping to finish up tonight, and...

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw a demon inside the fortress and then I loo(k)ed and discovered it was dead.

Other than that, the fort is just crawling along with nothing interesting happening until the map finishes draining.

NCcommander also died of thirst.  What are these shenanigans?

Down to 26 dwarves.

Also, an artifact.

Edit:

And the year has passed.  It is now the 4th of Granite.  Do you want the save now or should I wait another in-game month?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:45:05 am by Vehudur »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

May as well call it here, so we've got some semblance of getting back into the yearly rotation.  (if you've already played the extra month, it doesn't matter).

NCommander, you're up once Vehudur posts the savegame!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

May as well call it here, so we've got some semblance of getting back into the yearly rotation.  (if you've already played the extra month, it doesn't matter).

IS THE CURSE FINALLY OVER?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

NO.

It's just using up it's week of vacation time. Then back to work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

I will do this shortly.  I did not take the extra month yet, so it is the 4th of Granite.

IS THE CURSE FINALLY OVER?

No, it's just on vacation.

NO.

It's just using up it's week of vacation time. Then back to work.

Rats, beaten to it.

The save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7260

Yell at me loudly if that doesn't work.  I'm 99.9% sure it is the right file and should work.

If it's right, your camera should be at the top of the freshly filled cistern.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:14:38 pm by Vehudur »

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 167