Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188108 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #2085 on: October 15, 2012, 05:01:14 pm »

SuperDwarf points if you build a system that can use water OR magma.

I actually did something like this once.  It's not really worth doing as you have to wait for the water/magma to dissipate before you can use the other liquid.

Magma proof Floor grates or Floor bars around a pedestal for the trade depot?

Fill up the room, drown or burn everything.  Open a floodgate in the bottom level and the level with the trade depot in it becomes magma/water free rapidly.  Drop water or magma into the room again to obsidianize the lower level, then send in a miner to clear the obsidian in the lower level and then rebuild the floodgate if need be.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:13 pm »

What the hell is my stupid dorf tantruming about, anyway? Didn't somebody else take over her room? You could have just dug nicer rooms for everyone, you know. Legendary miner and all...

Speaking of legendary miner, if she goes berserk, heads will roll. And roll. And roll...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 15, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »

And this is where doors with locks come in...

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:03 am »

Can't we give her a tomb or a better room or something?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 17, 2012, 09:30:15 am »

We could give her a better tomb or bedroom but you see that wouldn't be Fun. No we need to see if she's going to murder everyone.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 17, 2012, 10:13:38 am »

Tomb is already royal. Would be difficult to make it better: adamantine coffin, adamantine statues, adamantine floor...

As for the room, I could try.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 17, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »

:D
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:18 pm »

The curse is finally giving in: a vacation next week and no more Doctor Who to watch. Prolly something like one update per day for the rest of my time at Swordthunders.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 19, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »

The curse is finally giving in: a vacation next week and no more Doctor Who to watch. Prolly something like one update per day for the rest of my time at Swordthunders.

It's probably just waiting for the right time or person.  :-\
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:32 pm »

It's probably just waiting for the right time or person.  :-\

Oh dear... Now you've taunted Murphy's Law.  Duck and cover, people  ::)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 19, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »

Well I'm going to hide in my bunker until it's safe you just HAD to say it didn't you.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 19, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »

oops...

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 19, 2012, 11:18:21 pm »

I should of waited until after my turn.  :'(

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 20, 2012, 12:31:42 am »

So I don't even have an upcoming turn and the Curse has imposed laziness upon me. So it's very hard to do homework :/

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 21, 2012, 03:36:33 am »

Dastotamud Overseer's log
9th of Limestone

As it turns out, Erica's rooms floor was not yet engraved - I have fixed it now, and she has stopped complaining about an inferior room.

I have also started work on giving her a better tomb. It won't be easy, but I will get it done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

14th of Limestone

Well, that's a nice surprise! Apparently the coffin Cousac is in is the single most valuable coffin in existance! It's worth is around 130 000, so I will have to put a lot of expensive stuff into Erica's new tomb to make it better.

Or maybe I'll just force Cousac's bones to cope with sharing the value of the coffin, either way.

2nd of Sandstone

Aaand another month. Time just flies by when nothing is happening.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 167