Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188055 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #2070 on: October 13, 2012, 12:33:20 am »

It doesn't have to dissipate entirely if you design your drains properly, it just has to reduce to 1/7 and it won't clog the system.  I'm not sure if it still destroys magma proof items or not when producing obsidian floor.

Yet, getting them in the excessively warm trade depot may be hard.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 13, 2012, 01:17:13 am »

It doesn't have to dissipate entirely if you design your drains properly, it just has to reduce to 1/7 and it won't clog the system.  I'm not sure if it still destroys magma proof items or not when producing obsidian floor.

Yet, getting them in the excessively warm trade depot may be hard.

Nope.  1/7 is still enough to obsidianize into a wall.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:44 am »

Dastotamud Overseer's log
2nd of Galena, 110

Dastot Rurastrovod has been killed by the berserk yak bull. I have no idea why or how he was near the trade depot, only that he is now dead. I had hoped it would wander into the traps near the entrance, but it hasn't - now I've had the soldiers move in to kill it.

Well, now one of the militia (Erib Adagkulet) is also dead. I'm pulling everyone out, Vehudur is currently near the bull, ready to be used as bait for the traps. May Ezum and Osram have mercy on his soul.

Vehudur got out safely, but now even Al†th Lokumenol has died. Idiot got the idea to get a drink from the depot while the yak bull was still there. Well, everything in the depot is now forbidden. Vucar Zaludkol will now work as a nice bait.

As it turns out, the traps had no effect on the yak from hell. It now has three of our militia members fighting against it, even though I told them to get away from it.

3rd of Galena, 110

Well, after a long fight the bull fell unconcious right on top of a weapon trap. The trap had time to strike the bull five times before it died.

So in the end, three of ours dead, the elven merchants dead, the nightmare yak bull dead and none of the living are wounded.

Oh yeah, Erica is also throwing a tantrum again.

4th of Galena, 110

I can't help but feel responsible for this mess, so I have decided to replace the dead militia member.

...the damn countess is still not eating enough...

...and she doesn't sleep in her room. She prefers whichever spot she falls asleep on...

As if that wasn't enough, Possum is also unhappy. I blame the sun for that.

9th of Galena, 110

The engraver/miner who was in the accident a few months ago? Dead. Infection. He wasn't even diagnosed yet.

The child? Still alive and dragging himself about. Won't last long though, he's dehydrated and no one takes care of him...

12th of Galena, 110

The child is dead. Infection again. We are down to 33 inhabitants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

14th of Galena, 110

Human caravan. Not much we need, but I reall don't want another berserk animal around here.

21st of Galena, 110

Well, that sucks. Erica, in her tantrum, just broke down the lever that controlles the outer floodgates of the FTW-system. I'll have that rebuilt ASAP.

1st of Limestone, 110

Autumn has come, and I fear for the future. How much more can the fortress take? How much longer until the countess snaps? And when are we getting some new migrants?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:20:17 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 14, 2012, 12:00:05 pm »

Well it looks like if this trend continues we will need a re-reclaim.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 14, 2012, 01:31:17 pm »

Technically this was a re-re-re-reclaim already.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:43 pm »

... fun-ruiner. So how do you think it'll die this time?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 14, 2012, 02:00:23 pm »

May end up in a tantrum spiral. Erica goes insane, her friends become sad, and the rest shall be history.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »

Does Erica have a lot of friends?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 14, 2012, 02:40:49 pm »

I ain't afraid of no yak bull!
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:28 am »

The hospital's a death sentence, there's a tantrum spiral about to kick off, and dwarves are dying on a regular basis.  Sounds like a normal day in Swordthunders to me.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 15, 2012, 12:46:59 am »

Who has the best skill in fighting in the fortress and who has the best equipment?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2081 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:37 am »

You poor sad little madman.  Why are you letting the traders go berserk when you can just drown them?  Find an aquifer breach and hook up two pumps - one out of the aquifer and one back in.  Have them both lead to a small room on the level below with the trade depot inside.  Traders go in, the door is locked, a dwarf pumps until the room is full.  Wait until they're all drowned, then pump water back out of the room and into the aquifer.

We already have a method of drowning caverns; I drowned the dwarven one during my turn. Just pull the FTW levers and lock the door.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 15, 2012, 07:53:53 am »

We already have a method of drowning caverns

Hey, that was MY megaproject, thank you very much!  And it worked quite well, too.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:25 am »

Does Erica have a lot of friends?

About 6 friends, (one or two dead), a husband, one long-term aquaintance.

Who has the best skill in fighting in the fortress and who has the best equipment?

The best fighters are approximately adept at fighting. Leather armor and steel shields. No real weapon skills in the militia, but Erica is a legandary miner and has a pick.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 15, 2012, 11:01:58 am »

1st of Limestone, 110

Autumn has come, and I fear for the future. How much more can the fortress take? How much longer until the countess snaps? And when are we getting some new migrants?

When the goblins decide to stop killing them when they arrive at the fortress gates.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 167