Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188683 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

You may also want to start thinking how you'll empty the Pit House.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pour water into it and dig it out?

BTW, the pit house is where the magmas draining, right?

Also, when we can take on the demons in there, as I don't think the now 34 of us will be able to get them.

Oh, and goblins have attacked, cutting us off, killing me and you, and 6 others (three migrants). And a pterosaur demon is chasing a few of the dwarves as I type this.

Oh, one of the 5 demons killed itself! Yay! Just 4 more!

Pictures up soon!

Ah, er, um, huh. So now we're at 30, and I'm desperatly trying to seal off everything, because our military is getting slaughtered. Good sign.

Ah, 28. But, I think we're sealed now. We should survive. We just need to break the two ambushes above us now...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:02:22 am by rridgway »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

The Pit House is the structure built into one of the Glowing Pits.  SOMEONE who shall remain nameless -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- thought the best way to see how deep the magma was in Hell was to remove one of the walls around the staircase and discovered the answer was "completely".   :P

Amber Demons aren't inherently dangerous, they kill themselves/eachother half the time.  The Pterosaur, Flame and Spring Green Demons are the real killers.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed. :D

That's why we're at 25 now. I sent a suicide squad to slow them down, and they... succeeded.

I've now died twice, (as in my dorfed self) and it's not even summer yet.
Still, the main level of hell is almost completely dry now. All that needs to get done is patch the hole in the wall I made, kill the demons, and we're good to go!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:56:53 am by rridgway »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed. :D

That's why we're at 25 now. I sent a suicide squad to slow them down, and they... succeeded.

Oh dear.  The only breach into Hell should be the one Mitchewawa made to build the pumps in the South-east area and possibly the one to the west that leads up from the Pit House.  You do have some good news though.  Only one type of demon can actually spawn and wander into hell/the fort.  The bad news is it's the flying Pterosaur Demons.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

What happened with a cook?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay! Progress involving the slabs. Look how much larger the piles are!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pour water into it and dig it out?

BTW, the pit house is where the magmas draining, right?

Also, when we can take on the demons in there, as I don't think the now 34 of us will be able to get them.

Oh, and goblins have attacked, cutting us off, killing me and you, and 6 others (three migrants). And a pterosaur demon is chasing a few of the dwarves as I type this.

Oh, one of the 5 demons killed itself! Yay! Just 4 more!

Pictures up soon!

Ah, er, um, huh. So now we're at 30, and I'm desperatly trying to seal off everything, because our military is getting slaughtered. Good sign.

Ah, 28. But, I think we're sealed now. We should survive. We just need to break the two ambushes above us now...

Do not pour water in. It'll harm the priceless furniture.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, an actual update. Honest.

The liason finally meets us, and...

Of course, I nominate myself for the role...

But upon hearing my name, he turned tail and ran off. Man, what did I do?

In other news, the extending of the axle into hell has finally reached the end!

(If anyone needs it for anything, there it is...)

Horrors! Goblins have us surrounded. Two squads are out there, bows and maces. As good as our 1 man army is, we won't win the fight. The hatches are locked.

Quite a few of us were locked out. Myself included, apparently.

However, I just kinda woke up again, in another guy. Profit?

Also, to help security, two weapon traps are being built in the entrance. Truely we can hold them now!

The date is 17th Felsite.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:44:26 am by rridgway »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those archways have saved the fort innumerable times from goblins trolls and the odd badger.  And you have a lot to live up to as the fort's baron.  The last baroness in the original fort was a one-dwarf siegekilling murder machine.  40 goblins and 20 trolls sitting on the front doorstep were considered 'light exercise'.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those archways have saved the fort innumerable times from goblins trolls and the odd badger.  And you have a lot to live up to as the fort's baron.  The last baroness in the original fort was a one-dwarf siegekilling murder machine.  40 goblins and 20 trolls sitting on the front doorstep were considered 'light exercise'.

Oddly enough, we're not a barony. He just left when I clicked me. Only an expedition leader. Odd.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to think the emissary just went "wait... this place is SWORDTHUNDERS?!... Uh... I left something at home.... BYE!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'd like to think the emissary just went "wait... this place is SWORDTHUNDERS?!... Uh... I left something at home.... BYE!"

This.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Emissary: I'll go

*Shows up in fortress*

Emissary: Fuck

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

"I knew the money was too good to be true..."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167