Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188401 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, I'll be going into SwordThunders blind...

If that doesn't motivate, Kogut...

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kogut?  Helloooo?... *sprays for crickets*

A cricket family lives in my house's walls.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

OK, now I started the game (delayed as a printer driver was crashing my computer. seriously), 26 FPS is bad but acceptable.

Spoiler: First part of ghosts (click to show/hide)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There is something just lovely about a diplomat surrounded by ghosts

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

This IS Swordthunders.  The place just isn't the same without the wails of uncountable dead roaming the halls

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I'd actually like the idea that a dwarf could befriend a ghost. I remember Oliolli spending a lot of time mining with no other company then a ghost or three. You'd think he'd have made small talk with them at those times...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'd actually like the idea that a dwarf could befriend a ghost. I remember Oliolli spending a lot of time mining with no other company then a ghost or three. You'd think he'd have made small talk with them at those times...

These aren't friendly ghosts.  These are specters of dwarves that died in horrific ways, doomed to linger in this world because they haven't been laid to rest.  They aren't chatting with your dwarf, they're whispering things in an elder tongue to slowly drive him insane.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't sound too different from two dwarves becoming friends.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This fort is without military and on 6th granite I found Pterosaur demon in a rubbish dump, despite my efforts to block access from hell to main fort. Moreover graphics are broken as visible on screenshoot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and http://www.img.ie/ website is broken.
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, game crashed - but I restarted and managed to fix graphics by deleting raw folder and importing default one (AFAIK sb did sth similar with this save). New priority - block demons!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I discovered an interesting thing - creating slab removes this name from list! So I started slabbing everything instead of searching for ghosts.

+3 migrants, -1 ghost, traders arrived but are somehow stuck on the edge of map.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have fun making and placing all those hundreds of slabs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elven trash collectors finally arrived, still hauling food and slabbing.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sets up ambush for tumbleweed*

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hauling continues, here is Mego IV insisting on visiting Mygrantopia despite danger, burrows meeting hall and meeting zone.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 167