Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41408 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Darvi's brain needs a replace (Day4: 8/14)
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2011, 11:25:03 am »

Wanted to post throughout most of the weekend, but couldn't.

Okay, McArathos, I'm satisfied with your current explanation.  Unvote.

No lynch while we discuss roleclaims.  I'm fine with a massclaim.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:55 pm »

I think the day ends in an hour, with no more extensions.  I'd be fine with a mass claim to start D5- we'd only get a portion of claims today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2011, 12:04:40 pm »

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 1 -  NativeForeigner
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 - Vector, Powder Miner
No Lynch  - 5 -  Think0028, Urist_McArathos, Jack A T, Urist Imiknorris, Toaster,
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

After Ottofar has been lynched quite early that day, the remaining villagers decided to use what time they had left to try and finally find someone who actually was guilty. Surely at least somebody had to be a witch. The church doesn't call out for a witch hunt for nothing, after all. As the sun began to set, the villagers were indecisive: on one hand, they had to find somebody soon, lest it would be too late. On the other hand, killing another innocent person could possibly mean the worst. In the end, they decided that one death was enough, and asked the priest to end the trial and continue the next day.

Nobody has been lynched.

The Night will end on Wednesday 5 PM GMT.

I think the day ends in an hour, with no more extensions.  I'd be fine with a mass claim to start D5- we'd only get a portion of claims today.
Joke's on you mate. It ends now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Darvi's brain needs a replace (Day5: 7/14)
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2011, 02:02:40 pm »

Once again, the remaining villagers had assembled at the town plaza.  Because there were so few of them left, they quickly noticed that Urist McArathos has gone missing. Nobody even attempted to comment on this. Maybe they weren't surprised by this turn of events. Or maybe they were too busy suspiciously eyeing each other for giveaways.

Eventually, the Priest arrived. "I assume you are clever enough to be able to guess what I am about to tell you."
"So, Elf or Witch?",  Toaster inquired.
"The latter", came the reply. "Urist, the one who has been found dead in his home,  was about to cast foul magic upon us when he died last night. The kettle full of potion we found are proof of this."
"Was it our knife murderer again?"
That was the other Urist.
"He, or should I say she, didn't have any physical injuries. it can be assumed that she was the Crone, and died of old age.

Once again dumb luck has been more successful in ratting out our enemies than you have been.  Now go and prove that God has not yet forsaken us."

Urist_McArathos has died. He was Adrian Middleton,  the Crone!

The day will end on Friday 5 PM GMT.

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 7 -
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 5 (7/14)
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2011, 02:05:23 pm »

Oh, and the other Urist asked for a replacement. Bollocks, is all I can say.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2011, 02:39:40 pm »

I am the Vigilante, I killed NUKE and Jim and did nothing N3 due to lack of suspicions and nothing N4 so as not to risk a 3rd party kill ending the game.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2011, 03:56:22 pm »

If that's true, then you have some nice instincts.  Anyway, yeah, massclaim.

Hilariously enough, I am the Inquisitor... again.  Yes, it's the exact same role (and wincon, FYI) as the first WC.

N0 Targets: 1x each of Jim G, Dariush, and Nuke
Reason:  I picked players either good or hard to read, but mostly for the hell of it since the game hadn't started yet.  Also, spread out because I predicted early flavor claims.
Results:  Neither Jim nor Nuke appeared as a citizen or property owner in the city, indicating they were from out of town.  Dariush showed as owning a nice house toward the center of town, whose property value had gone down in the recent years.  Going past it, I smelled herbal scents, and the smell of death as well.  I saw someone lying on a mattress, but no details.

N1 Targets:  1x each of ECrown, Vector, and Urist I
Reason:  ECrown I wanted to check on his orgies, Vector because of the church connection, and Urist I because I didn't trust him.
Results:  ECrown had rented a room lately.  Inside he had a locked suitcase and a pair of worn, but thick heeled, shoes.  Then the land lady threw me out.  Vector had no residence listed, but I was told that the church records would have more info- which would have to wait for another night.  Urist I I couldn't see much of, but I did notice a half-finished painting and signs of clutter.

N2 Targets:  1x each of Jim, Vector, and Dariush.
Reason:  Jim for the elf connection, Vector to get more information, and Dariush to get more info on his flavor from N0.
Results:  I found Jim's theater, which was a decently respectable one.  I found some stage equipment and a ledger that stated they'd be performing soon.  Nothing that indicated elf-hood, interestingly.
Vector I tracked to her workplace, which turned out to be the northern belltower.  There was a map inside that had the roads to the other belltowers marked.  This strongly indicates Vector is the bellringer- but why, and with what intent?
Dariush was said to be a doctor with a bad reputation around here, mainly for using unorthodox techniques like medicine instead of the known good practices like prayer.  He was said to be good at what he did, though I got no more information from his house.

N3 targets:  1x each of Vector, Urist I, and Native.
Reasons:  I wanted to know Vector's alignment, Native was lurking, and I wanted to know more about Urist I.
Results:  I tailed Vector home, but she spent several hours at the church praying, so I was out of time to do anything about it if I wanted to check the other two first.
At Urist I's place, I found glassblowing equipment, and an order for windows that was due soon.  There were also notes about the events of the trials that I didn't have time to read.
Native I looked up, and found he lived and worked in a 24/7 bar, where he was bartender.

Still no idea on Vector's alignment, but nothing sinister was noted.  Urist I's flavor seems to be matching up to his claim well, but what's on those notes?

N4 Targets:  1x Urist I and 2x Native.
Reasons:  I waffled a bit between Native and Urist McA, since I didn't trust either of them.  I eventually went with Native since I already had one inspect on him, so going to three would give me more to go on.  Urist I I wanted to see his notes from last time.
Results:  I read over his notes.  Turns out he was a friend of Mr. Engleford (Simple).  He was not happy about the whole situation and how it upset lives, mentioning that it was delaying his shipment of windows.
Native was interesting.  I put on a disguise and went to his bar, where he was bartending.  It was clean, and had been free of bar brawls for some time.  Native was very disorganized, mixing up or dropping drinks.  One of his coworkers noticed, and asked him if he was stressed.  He talked about it, and at the end called the coworker by the wrong name.

Urist I is likely town- his flavor is very consistent with his claim, and a regular townie who just wants his work done.  Vector's the bellringer, but I have no idea on alignment.  Everyone else is dead.

On the other hand, it's almost like someone possessed Native and he's having trouble remembering his cover story.  So, Native, anything you'd like to share with us?

Think:  Can you be more specific on the flavorful nature of your power?

Interesting thought question- if no one was lynched, who put up the hidden message for the dawn?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2011, 05:07:21 pm »

My flavor is that I'm an out-of-work Irish guy who's been breaking down under the stress of poverty, and took the witch-hunt as a divine sign to start striking out on his own to do anything he can to help. I go around murdering people with a knife.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2011, 09:37:01 am »

Should I prod Vector?

I think I should prod Vector.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2011, 08:55:47 pm »

I think you should prod everyone that isn't me or Think.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2011, 08:56:20 pm »

Yeah I guess so.

Which is only Native and Jack by now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:34 pm »

Huh, missed the start of the day.

Massclaim time?  Okay.  I am a powerless villager.

Think0028: Why did you kill NUKE and Jim?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

Busy. It's the holidays, after all.

Extend, past Christmas if possible. I don't see the next few days clearing up enough for a decent post.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:39 pm »

Yeah, let's extend, and make it a good one.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »

Extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30