Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41483 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 3: 10/14)
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2011, 08:32:00 am »

Think.

omg u suk

Seriously, that is a pretty weak reason for a vote.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:35 am »

Ottofar:
Urist McArathos. I'd say it's, since lurkers are an easy target. It's a tell if a player is focusing solely on lurkers. Which Jack really isn't here.
So why bring it up in your defense if I wasn't giving that scumtell?

Dariush:

No, I doubt that there are witches because we're supposed to be in a medieval village (PFSchool so can't check the details right now) where witches may very well turn out to be a superstition.
Isn't this part of the same world as the last Witches' Coven, but at a later time?  Complete with a relative to one of the first game's characters?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:17 am »

Votecount:

Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 1 -  Jack A T
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 4 -  Think0028, Urist Imiknorris, Toaster, Native Foreigner
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Ottofar
-
Not Voting  - 3 -  Vector, Powder Miner, Urist McArathos
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The day will end in ~2 hours

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2011, 10:40:03 am »

Isn't this part of the same world as the last Witches' Coven, but at a later time?  Complete with a relative to one of the first game's characters?
Haven't we determined that this SE had no relation to that game's SE?... (I can't remember the actual name and am too lazy to go looking for it) And in any case, just because there were witches at one time in one place doesn't mean there would be witches in another place in another time, even if it's the same world.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:06 am »

Ottofar:
Urist McArathos. I'd say it's, since lurkers are an easy target. It's a tell if a player is focusing solely on lurkers. Which Jack really isn't here.
So why bring it up in your defense if I wasn't giving that scumtell?

I'm calling my 'posting past midnight'-card.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2011, 11:59:17 am »

Extend.  Not ready for day end.  Content in a sec.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 11:59:45 am »

After a much shorter session than usual, the villagers decided on the next person to be lynched.

"What I'm trying to say is", Dariush tried to defend himself, "is that we have no reason to believe that there are witches among us!"

"You're only saying that because you don't want us to investigate them any further!", was Think's reply. "Why else would you be so obsessed with the possibility of none of them being here?"

"Oh sure, you want to discredit me, huh? You're only saying that because you're an elf trying to kill me!"

"This is getting ridiculous", the native foreigner interfered. "Let's hang him now and have it be over with!"

"You can't do this! You're making a huge mistake!"

Despite Dariush's protesting, the villagers overpowered him and carried him to the gallows. Without even waiting for the executioner, they hanged him with great prejudice.

"You are a hasty lot", the priest commented. "Let's hope that he is indeed a witch or an elf."

Once again, he examined the corpse. Shortly afterwards, he shook his head towards the lynchmob and held a book on medecine towards them. "It appears that tonight's victim was yet another innocent man. Even more, he was one who would strive to protect people's lives, not take them."

Cursing Dariush under their breath, the mob dispersed again throughout the city.

Thomas "Dariush" Downer was lynched. he was a Doctor.

The night will end on Friday 5PM GMT at the latest.

Extend.  Not ready for day end.  Content in a sec.
Flippin' ninjas. Too late though.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »

Once again, the villagers have assembled at the city plaza. However, unlike he last couple days, everybody showed up. Well, the participants of the trial did. The rest of the once gargantuan crowd had dispersed throughout the city, going about their own business. Apparently they only came to see some witches/elves burn, but got thoroughly disappointed by the lack of magic corpses.
It might have also have been the stress, but some of the villagers seemed to have problems staying conscious, while others began to hallucinate. They were so very tired of this.

Shortly after the last person had arrived, the priest joined them.

"We have been lucky the last few nights", he began. "However we still are a far shot from being safe. You better show some results today, or it may be very well too late to save everybody. Proceed with the trials, but be cautious."

Votecount:

Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 9 - <cut for length>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:45:39 pm by Darvi »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day4: 9/14)
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2011, 12:12:04 pm »

Today's secret message:

tiny.cc/lynchthem

It's a tiny link to this:

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11718/12000176.jpg

For the too lazy to click, it says "Lynch Think and Native  Avenge me, fuckers"

I think that's good reinforcement for the messages coming from the last lynchee.

Native:  I have to agree with Dariush- you really haven't been doing much this game.  I understand you've said you're busy, but how about giving us your latest suspects?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2011, 02:30:12 pm »

Dariush is just pissed that I gave a lazy reasoning for voting him. Not sure about Think, though.

I'm almost positive that Imiknorris is either an elf or witch, though. For reasons I've already stated. I'm surprised you even had to ask about that.

I'll give Think a look over when I'm not on a train.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2011, 02:44:46 pm »

I'm Think I'm cool with a lynch.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »

Native:
Dariush is just pissed that I gave a lazy reasoning for voting him. Not sure about Think, though.

I'm almost positive that Imiknorris is either an elf or witch, though. For reasons I've already stated. I'm surprised you even had to ask about that.

Your reason: I didn't put much effort into my case D2. Is that seriously all you're basing your vote on? If so, why did you proceed to do the same thing (except with even less effort) D3? If not, what other reasons do you have?

Ottofar: Why?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »

Native:

Your reason: I didn't put much effort into my case D2. Is that seriously all you're basing your vote on? If so, why did you proceed to do the same thing (except with even less effort) D3? If not, what other reasons do you have?

Major OMGUS. It's almost like I'm right and you're scared. I'm saying you put no effort whatsoever in it, you picked a safe lynch and stuck with it while contributing effectively nothing. I'm not doing the same thing, I'm adding (albeit lazily) and have yet to be wrong this game. I see no reason why I'd be wrong about you. Especially now that you've decided to OMGUS me. Don't you dare deny it's an OMGUS, either. You're only reason for voting me is because I voted you for doing something you claim I'm doing as well. Only one difference: I've called elf and bad townie correctly (though I was wrong about Dariush) and I'm right about you, too. You've managed to mislynch town and mislynch town without actually adding anything and putting yourself at risk.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2011, 06:30:58 pm »

a) Related. Being right in the past has no effect on the present. Also, you were wrong about Dariush, or do mislynched townies not count as you being wrong?
b) If you had used that argument on anyone else I would still have voted you for it. You were not adding anything yesterday. You voted Dariush because he doubted flavor, and then didn't do anything else. Why not?
c) Do you have anything else to add today? Perhaps some scumhunting of the sort that you have been doing almost none of?

McArathos: Why didn't you vote yesterday?
Jack: Current suspects and why.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »

a) Related. Being right in the past has no effect on the present. Also, you were wrong about Dariush, or do mislynched townies not count as you being wrong?
b) If you had used that argument on anyone else I would still have voted you for it. You were not adding anything yesterday. You voted Dariush because he doubted flavor, and then didn't do anything else. Why not?
c) Do you have anything else to add today? Perhaps some scumhunting of the sort that you have been doing almost none of?

McArathos: Why didn't you vote yesterday?
Jack: Current suspects and why.

1) I'm not trying to say that I'm right about you because I was right about Jim and EC, I'm right about you because you're almost certainly scum. I'm saying that I have some sort of reputation of knowing what I'm talking about. Two out of three of my suspects (or non-suspects in EC's cae), whereas I don't think you've even suspected anybody who's flipped anti-town. Also, I already mentioned that I was wrong about Dariush. Learn to read, pl0x.

2) Bullshit. Also, that's not the only reason I voted him, he was trying to suggest that there wasn't a witch-team. I didn't have to push the case very much, people were already on board. Why try harder when there's no work to be done?

3) Yes, your blatant OMGUS is a nice touch. It's not so much that I haven't been scumhunting. It's more that I haven't been as outspoken about it as I normally am. Probably due to a lack of serious motivation due to my shitty D1.

Building off of my earlier accusations of you, you're not trying very hard to lynch me. An OMGUS with barely two lines of text (also the start of what I'm sure you see as the start of an easy bandwagon) followed by a three-line follow up. Yeah, I can tell you're just so confident in your "case".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30