Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41494 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 3: 10/14)
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:39 pm »

You think there may not be witches in Witches' Coven?  What do you think we are facing?  If not the type of anti-town forces, what number?  Do you think elves are the main scum, since they're obviously a team?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2011, 12:20:25 pm »

You think there may not be witches in Witches' Coven?
Yes, I think there may not be any witches. For future reference, I'm not saying with certainty there aren't, in all your words-twisting asses' faces.
What do you think we are facing?
I think that the elves were a kind of a cult, since a king and a queen without followers don't make much sense (with one convertee out there) and additionally we have either an SK or a vig. Probably the former.
If not the type of anti-town forces, what number?
One remaining convertee and a killer.
Do you think elves are the main scum, since they're obviously a team?
Yes, I do.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2011, 12:23:01 pm »

EBWODP: Actually, it may be one or two convertees, depending on the order of the night's events, if I'm right and elves are indeed a cult.

And no, I don't have any proof for the cult theory apart from logic and intuition. Go twist someone else's words, you words-twisting asses.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2011, 12:55:07 pm »

I'd hardly call that twisting words, anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2011, 02:03:51 pm »

Jack, Toaster, I suppose you wouldn't take "I didn't think he was scum anymore" as an answer.
I saw it was weak reasoning. So yeah.

Urist Imiknorris, since I didn't get to post too much D2.

Urist McArathos. I'd say it's, since lurkers are an easy target. It's a tell if a player is focusing solely on lurkers. Which Jack really isn't here.

Also, I'm not trying to seem active. You might notice one or more of the following phrases in the quote: "absolutely nothing"
"PFP".

Actually, vote Urist McArathos

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2011, 02:44:16 pm »

Also, why did you suddenly drop your Think vote to jump on Dariush?

Because my vote on Think was for pressure and I was satisfied with his answer.

Urist:  Then why aren't you bugging him over it?  It was worth a vote yesterday.

I've basically stopped trying - he'll post when he posts, and my pestering him about it won't make him post more.

What do you think we are facing?
I think that the elves were a kind of a cult, since a king and a queen without followers don't make much sense (with one convertee out there) and additionally we have either an SK or a vig. Probably the former.

What makes you think it's probably a SK?

Pre-edit: Also, would you have any idea why you were the one who said Jim was an elf in this morning's flavor?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »

What makes you think it's probably a SK?
Because if it's a vig it would mean that the only kill is on the town side. With 14 people, out of which two are cult (again, if my theory is correect) and no SKs things look kinda unbalanced.
Pre-edit: Also, would you have any idea why you were the one who said Jim was an elf in this morning's flavor?
Because Darvi likes to tie players' actions with their characters'?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »

Jack, Toaster, I suppose you wouldn't take "I didn't think he was scum anymore" as an answer.
I saw it was weak reasoning. So yeah.

Urist Imiknorris, since I didn't get to post too much D2.

Urist McArathos. I'd say it's, since lurkers are an easy target. It's a tell if a player is focusing solely on lurkers. Which Jack really isn't here.

Also, I'm not trying to seem active. You might notice one or more of the following phrases in the quote: "absolutely nothing"
"PFP".

Actually, vote Urist McArathos

Lurkers are an easy target because lurking is anti-town.  I really disagree with the idea that going after them is a scumtell; it may be an easy lynch, but it's also a good scum strategy to stay hidden and unnoticed until the end.

Do you have a case against me?  Because I really don't see how I can evaluate your vote without knowing your reason behind it.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Oh, wait. I misread that post. Oh well.
Might as well. Too tired now though.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »

EBWODP: Actually, it may be one or two convertees, depending on the order of the night's events, if I'm right and elves are indeed a cult.

And no, I don't have any proof for the cult theory apart from logic and intuition. Go twist someone else's words, you words-twisting asses.

Intuition I understand, but what logic are you using to come to that conclusion?

Also, if you're thinking the main scum team is a cult, who do you consider the most likely convert(s) at this point?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:36 pm »

What assurance do we have of witches' existence? A word of an NPC priest. And to be honest, I seriously doubt LNCP would have used witches for two games in a row.

You sincerely doubt that there wouldn't be witches in Witches' Coven? Just because they were in the last Witches' Coven?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

EDWODP:

Would*. Would be witches.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2011, 04:08:17 am »

Dariush: You're trying to build up false sympathy ('see? I voted against anti-town!' Any scum could do that, even if there was only one scum party). I still don't believe in an Elf cult, but I'm not going to hold that against you. What I will hold against you is your repeated attempts to discourage the idea of there being witches. What does it matter who scum is, if we're still lynching scum? Only if you have a vested interest in hiding your true nature. Hang, scum.

McArathos: You've had a chance to post again. Who do you suspect now?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2011, 07:02:13 am »

What I will hold against you is your repeated attempts to discourage the idea of there being witches.
Lolwut? I see two things very wrong with your argument:
1) I have mentioned witches at all for a whopping total of two or three times.
2) Just several posts ago I said this:
Yes, I think there may not be any witches. For future reference, I'm not saying with certainty there aren't, in all your words-twisting asses' faces.
specifically to prevent assfuckers like you from pulling off shit like you just did. So yeah. Think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2011, 07:04:21 am »

What assurance do we have of witches' existence? A word of an NPC priest. And to be honest, I seriously doubt LNCP would have used witches for two games in a row.
You sincerely doubt that there wouldn't be witches in Witches' Coven? Just because they were in the last Witches' Coven?
No, I doubt that there are witches because we're supposed to be in a medieval village (PFSchool so can't check the details right now) where witches may very well turn out to be a superstition.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30