Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 680475 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #660 on: February 27, 2012, 07:09:02 pm »

I think zombies and golems are one school. But as for zombied vs golems, I think we should focus our research on golems for now - we haven't learned as much about them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

I agree with researching more into golems.
Maybe just a string and stick version at first, a couple of spare threads from our clothing combined with a couple twigs to see if string and rope can function as muscle, if not then we're going to have to get really creative.  Oh, yeah, and maybe a clay or mud ball for a head.
Also we should see if we can drain only portions of vitality from a creature.  We should be able to, but it's best to make sure.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #662 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:06 pm »

We know we can; we were doing that earlier. Though we haven't tried it on animals yet, I don't think.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:16 pm »

When was that exactly?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 27, 2012, 10:39:13 pm »

When was that exactly?

I remember we took a portion of the vitality of a tree.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 27, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »

*Looks back to the tree section*

Ah, I see now, for some reason I thought that we didn't take all the Vitality was because we didn't have enough mana to do so.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 27, 2012, 10:49:13 pm »

Hmm... have we TRIED stealing vitality from an undead we raised and actually got something from it? Now that it's mentioned... that is actually by and far the best idea I've heard, so far, especially since we can repeatedly re-raise the same corpse, getting plenty of vitality for our golems without hurting anything.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #667 on: February 27, 2012, 11:09:57 pm »

Or just figure out how to translate mana directly into vitality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 27, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »

Hmm... have we TRIED stealing vitality from an undead we raised and actually got something from it? Now that it's mentioned... that is actually by and far the best idea I've heard, so far, especially since we can repeatedly re-raise the same corpse, getting plenty of vitality for our golems without hurting anything.
Thats impossible, every time we steal vitality it reduces the amount I think the conversion rate is 1 point for every three we steal.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 28, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

Thats impossible, every time we steal vitality it reduces the amount I think the conversion rate is 1 point for every three we steal.
Raising undead takes mana, not vitality. It's just a very bad exchange rate.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42:25 am »

When we get the chance, we should practice raising an undead and stealing its vitality. Study the process. Then try it again, trying to skip the part where we actually raise the undead.

Also, we should try seeing how much mana we can pour into an undead - does adding more give us more vitality to work with?

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 28, 2012, 01:57:44 am »

Hard to believe that nobodies mentioned this yet, but can we steal our own vitality? I recall we stole 5 from the tree or thereabout, so we should be able to survive intact. This would bypass the issues with golems entirely. Make sure to experiment properly with stealing partial vitality first though. Between our mana and vitality reserves, we should be able to power any golems we make in the near future. Later we can focus on stealing from many to bring our constructs to life.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2012, 05:06:47 am »

Steal vitality costs 3 mana to remove up to 6 vitality from a target and produce a globe of 1/3rd of that vitality to do what as we wish. It is less efficent, but not totally ineffective, when used on undead; the 5 vitality undead tree we raised produced a globe of vitality worth between 0 and 1 vitality points when we destroyed it with Steal Vitality. This seems to suggest it is at best half as effective as stealing vitality from a living target.

Seeing as raising a tree nearly killed us without producing enough vitality to produce even one VP, I think the "raise undead in order to convert mana to vitality" scheme is going to need to be put on hold until we've figured out either A] a cheaper way of casting Raise Dead, or B] a more efficient way of casting Steal Vitality.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:24 am »

We should also see if we can steal mana. It would be useful if we face any magic user and we have low mana.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:32 am »

And we've got an easy way to test - with all the mana crystals I wanted us to by, we can make a mana potion and then simply try to steal the mana from the potion!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 155