Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88874 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Again you miss the point. Everything you describe heavily relies on other players' actions and pure blind luck. If I hadn't killed SOMEONE D1, that would mean one day pretty much wasted. If I had enough luck (i.e. Pandar killed N1 and a non-PGO surviving), I'd have won without as much as lifting a finger (well, not considering that half-assed attempt to incriminate Native). And in any case the game has devolved from 'find scum (if town) or outsmart town (if scum)' to 'massclaim on D1 and (if town) go with the plans outlined in thread and do absofuckinglutely nothing else or (if scum) make up a sufficiently balanced role that can't be checked and try to survive N days without getting killed by a ton of vigs, stumbling onto a ton of PGOs, getting lynched in FUCKING RVS (yes, KoTM 12, I still remember you) and provoking inspections'. Not a good change at all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Don't the players choose the roles in KotM anyway?  Meaning that you have nothing to really complain to Webadict about...?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

You have a problem with the King being able to be RVSlynched? Really?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Don't the players choose the roles in KotM anyway?  Meaning that you have nothing to really complain to Webadict about...?
They choose part of the roles. The rest is a series of randomness and deviousness.

Again you miss the point. Everything you describe heavily relies on other players' actions and pure blind luck. If I hadn't killed SOMEONE D1, that would mean one day pretty much wasted. If I had enough luck (i.e. Pandar killed N1 and a non-PGO surviving), I'd have won without as much as lifting a finger (well, not considering that half-assed attempt to incriminate Native). And in any case the game has devolved from 'find scum (if town) or outsmart town (if scum)' to 'massclaim on D1 and (if town) go with the plans outlined in thread and do absofuckinglutely nothing else or (if scum) make up a sufficiently balanced role that can't be checked and try to survive N days without getting killed by a ton of vigs, stumbling onto a ton of PGOs, getting lynched in FUCKING RVS (yes, KoTM 12, I still remember you) and provoking inspections'. Not a good change at all.
Not only is that the exact same thing as 'find scum' and 'outsmart town,' you're really just complaining about it being too difficult for you. News flash: look at what has happened to the King every time. Now look at what you did. Do you notice the glaring similarities? Yeah, you should on most of them. Because honestly, you were lucky enough to even SURVIVE Night 1, because you decided that, hey, I'll pretend to play but actually do nothing to ascertain my victory, assuring that I will clearly lose and then complain about said loss because it is too difficult to lurk my way to victory.

If you could see my face, it would show a distinct lack of care for your particular situation. Not only would I dislike for you to be King of the Mafia, but if you ever decide to join the game again, I will make it 5 times harder for you to win, just to make sure that if you win, then you won it with actual game play.

Don't worry. I'll make sure you actually fight a Kill-Immune Vigilante, just like I did! I'm sure the strategy of kill everything will work for you.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile

I'm gonna have to side with Webadict here; I want to be King of the Mafia.  I want it badly.

I don't want it to be easy, because when I make it, I want it to be CLEAR that I earned it, clear enough that people fear and respect me as a player as they do Webadict.

Am I there now?  Laughably, no.  But damned if I'm not going to try, and I won't have him pulling punches so he can tell me how I stumbled dick-first into the crown later.  Bring on the Kill-Immune Vigilante Cop with a Daykill, I say.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna have to side with Webadict here; I want to be King of the Mafia.  I want it badly.

I don't want it to be easy, because when I make it, I want it to be CLEAR that I earned it, clear enough that people fear and respect me as a player as they do Webadict.

Am I there now?  Laughably, no.  But damned if I'm not going to try, and I won't have him pulling punches so he can tell me how I stumbled dick-first into the crown later.  Bring on the Kill-Immune Vigilante Cop with a Daykill, I say.
Get this man a lemonade!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I only have limeade. Have that, in addition to any lemonade anybody else might have.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Web has a truckload of lemons.  He hands them out to everyone he meets so they're prepared when they are told to suck on one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was RVSlynched in KoTM12 as town.

And Wuba, you STILL miss the point.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[/quote
You can be RVSlynched in any game ever.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not that I miss the point. It's that your point is stupid.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevertheless you miss it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, you lost. Get over it. Learn to play better.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, you lost. Get over it. Learn to play better.
I'm sorry, did you just say 'learn to predict PGOs better' or I misheard?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Have some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60