Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88846 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It's time for Bring Your Own Picture, a twist on the common Bring Your Own Role series.  Instead of submitting whatever you want to be as text, just send in a picture!

Game Rules:

1. All votes must be in red.  Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated.  You may vote for No Lynch.  In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.
   2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekend-spanning nights after 24 hours if all night actions are in.  Unless otherwise stated, days and nights end at 11 PM EST.
   3. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   4. Do not PM other players.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   5. Never quote any PM from the mod.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
   6. Please put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention. 
   7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and are for 24 hours.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   8. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, dead men tell no tales, so please do not post.
   9. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced.  If you think someone needs a prod, please bring it to my attention- I can’t guarantee I will notice everyone who is not posting.
  10. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Game Specific Rules:

When you sign up, PM me a (link to a) picture.  Your signup is not official until I receive the PM.  It can be of any subject matter, though it must be something that would not get me banned for posting on the forum.  Your role will be created from the picture.  You may send supporting documentation if it is something obscure, but the role will be created from the picture, not anything else you send.

I suggest Tinypic if you need somewhere to upload an image.

Players:

1. Ottofar
2. Dariush - Littlefinger Always Wins
3. TolyK - LHC Particle Physicists
4. Powder Miner
5. Think0028
6. OrangeBottle
7. Urist Imiknorris
8. Mysteriousbluepuppet - La Tentation de Saint Antoine
9. Andrew425 - Link
10. NativeForeigner - La Mort et le Bucheron
11. Jack A T - BYOP: Core
12. Darvi - The Slender Man
13. Mr.Person Urist_McArathos - BYOP: Darkling
14. Nuke9.13 - Adventure Peasant
15. Simple Jim Groovester
16. Webadict - Power
17. ECrownofFire - Dragon Love
18. IronyOwl - Neko Death Knight

Spoiler: Webadict (click to show/hide)

Webadict - Power  (Mafia)

Power, power, power!  That is all you want, all you crave, and all you think about!  Watts it to you?

(Auto) Darkness:  You know when to shroud yourself in darkness, giving any non-kill action performed on you a 50% chance to fail.
(Night) Blackout:  You cut the power to someone at a critical moment, causing their action to be delayed to the following night.
(Night, 1 use) Fade to Black:  Target player permanently loses an ability.  You lose all your abilities except access to the Mafiakill.

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

TolyK - LHC Particle Physicists  (Town)

A group of nuclear researchers sit studying a readout of the Large Hadron Collider.  Think they’ve found a Higgs Boson yet?

(Auto) Scientists:  You are completely surrounded by observational equipment, so it’s easy for you to determine how many times you were targeted each night.
(Night) Research:  You can accelerate particles at a target to determine their alignment.  Possible results are Town, Mafia, or Third Party.
(Night, 1 use) Black Hole:  Secretly, you’ve discovered how to create a miniature black hole.  You can shoot one at someone to kill them.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl - Neko Death Knight  (Town)

You are cute catgirl death knight!  Meow!~   You’re adorable, but watch out for those claws!

(Auto) Kawaii:  You’re so cute that it takes an extra vote to lynch you.
(Night) Guardian:  You protect the target with your life- if they are attacked, you die in their place.
(Night, 1 use) Cat Ears:  You can focus your sensitive ears on a single target- giving you access to their goal.  You learn the specific alignment of the target, including specific third party if they are neither Town nor Mafia.  You know your inspection is sane, but not immune to any ability that would mislead an inspection. [Miller/Godfather]

Spoiler: ECrownofFire (click to show/hide)

ECrownofFire - Dragon Love  (Mafia)

Sweet, glorious, scaly dragon love!  You two dragons aren’t sure how you wound up with this crowd, but as long as you’re together, nothing matters!

(Auto) Power of Love:  Once during the game, you will revive if you are killed by any means.
(Night) True Love: You can cover someone else with your love- if they are attacked, you will die in their place.
(Mafiakill, 1 use)  Double Dragon Breath:  You kill the target and anyone attempting to protect the target.  Protections on the intended target are ineffective.

Spoiler:  Nuke9.13 (click to show/hide)
Nuke9.13 - Adventure Peasant  (Survivor)

You’re not really sure how you got here- you’re just a simple peasant trying to deliver a letter to the asylum so the PRESIDENT does not execute you.  You’ll be fine if you can just get out of here alive!

(Auto) MSPaint Art:  It can be a bit hard to tell what is what on you, especially when you get pixelated.  Any action targeting you has a 50% chance to fail.
(Night) Scavenger Guild:  You can stop by the scavenger store and pick up whatever it is they have for sale, getting yourself a random one-shot ability.  It’s not guaranteed to be useful.
(Night, 1 use) Uberplussed Duck:  You unleash the Uberplussed Duck, repeller of evil!  All kills this night will be prevented.

You win if you are alive when the game is over.

Spoiler: Dariush (click to show/hide)

Dariush - Littlefinger Always Wins  (Town)

You are a schemer and plotter, always after your own self interest.  You determined long ago that your best course of action is to side with the town and ensure their victory.  It’s too bad no one trusts you.

(Auto) Smug:  You always have that smug smile on your face, making people think you’re up to something.  Inspects on you return Mafia.
(Night) Observe:  You are very observant, and can easily study a person to learn who they really are.  You see the submitted image of the target.
(Night, 1 use) Backstab:  The best way to remove a threat is a silent knife in the back.  You kill the target.

Spoiler: NativeForeigner (click to show/hide)

NativeForigner - La Mort et le Bucheron  (Town)

A cautionary tale that perhaps Death isn’t as bad as it seems and running from it will get you nowhere.  Your experience with Death has given you a great insight as to her secrets.

(Auto) Death’s Door:  Death will allow you a chance to get your last words out before taking you.  If you die, you may make one post with game-relevant information the following day.
(Night) Eyes of the Victim:  If the target is killed tonight, you see the submitted image of the killer.
(Night, 1 use) Death’s Blessing:  You bargain with Death to give the target another chance.  The target gains a one-shot revive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jack A T - Bring Your Own Picture: Core  (Town)

The spirit of this competition has split into two component essences, each charged to protect the innocent art from those that would bring it harm.  Work together with the rest of the innocents to combat the evil ones!  You are the Core twin, which seeks to protect the innocent.

(Auto) Spirit Threads:  You know that [REDACTED] is town.  You may discuss your plan to fight evil with him here:  [REDACTED]
(Night) Shroud:  You put a protective sphere around the target.  Any other action aimed at the target has a 50% chance to fail.
(Night, 1 use) Twin Retribution:  The two of you channel your power and blast another player from existence.  This kill is strong enough to ignore any protection applied to the target.   Both you and [REDACTED] must use this ability on the same target on the same night, or it will fail.

Darvi - The Slender Man  (Town)

Ever watching from the darkness, you can inflict no end of misfortune on your victims, then slide back in to the shadows.

(Auto) Mental Blank:  You are immune to any effect that might reveal your role.  [Not alignment.]
(Night) Stalk:  You track your target, finding out anyone that they target tonight.
(Night, 1 use) Mind Screw: You reveal your true horror to the target.  They are roleblocked, and can neither vote the next day nor act the next night.

Urist_McArathos - Bring Your Own Picture: Darkling  (Town)

The spirit of this competition has split into two component essences, each charged to protect the innocent art from those that would bring it harm.  Work together with the rest of the innocents to combat the evil ones!  You are the Darkling twin, which seeks to hinder the opposition.

(Auto) Spirit Threads:  You know that [REDACTED] is town.  You may discuss your plan to fight evil with him here:  [REDACTED]
(Night) Shadowbind:  You bind the target in shadows, preventing any action that he intended to take.
(Night, 1 use) Twin Retribution:  The two of you channel your power and blast another player from existence.  This kill is strong enough to ignore any protection applied to the target.   Both you and [REDACTED] must use this ability on the same target on the same night, or it will fail.

Spoiler: Andrew425 (click to show/hide)

Andrew425 - Link  (Mafia)

You, a glorious hero from another world, have let pride cloud your judgment.  You now seek a new future with these fellow works of art!

(Auto) Heroic Reputation:  You are so respected as a hero, that anyone who inspects you will think you are a member of the Town.
(Mafiakill) Bow and Arrow:  You kill the target.  Anyone watching the target to see who visits will not notice you.  [They will see an action, but not who did it.]
(Night, 1 use) Triforce:  Target player receives a mod PM telling them that you are town.

Spoiler: Mysteriousbluepuppet (click to show/hide)
Mysteriousbluepuppet - La Tentation de Saint Antoine  (Mafia-Ally)

You are a surrealist’s recreation of a work of art of an artist that was already somewhat surreal.  Your world view has become so skewed that you want the bad guys to win!  You’ve got some tricks to help them out...

(Auto) Temptation:  [REDACTED] ...this ability is not revealed on your death.
(Night) Surrealism:  You give the target a glimpse of yourself, and they are so confused that their target is changed randomly.
(Night, 1 use) Obelisk Elephant: The Obelisk Elephant comes out and stomps on another player.  This attack causes them to lose any Auto powers they might have.

You win if the Mafia wins.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:31:38 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - Sign up now! [0/9+]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:06:57 pm »

Aaannnnnd in.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:06 pm »

In.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:29:41 pm by Dariush »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:57 pm »

Why not? I will wait until the other one i'm in fills, maybe i'll even play 2 :P
So will send in a pic... do you need references for especially obscure ones?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:11:41 pm »

I shall Innnniinniinnniinnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:36:50 pm »

In.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »

In, sending pic in a bit.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »

In.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »

Must...join...but...cannot...and yet...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »

Join us, Darvi~
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 04:49:57 pm »

Nooo I made a point of not joining any games until I get a new laptop.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »

In coming

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 05:07:37 pm »

In
May the mass times acceleration be with you

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:50 pm »

Sending in a picture.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 07:35:23 pm »

Holy shit, that's already 10 people.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60