Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 235945 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2012, 02:10:06 am »

I continue working as I talk, setting aside the ingots to cool and dumping some more ore in to begin the process all over again.

"Machines?  You know stuff about traps, too?  Neat!  I've been scribbling designs for a bit, but I'm still not very experienced.  I'll give them a look in just a couple minutes.  Gotta keep paper away from the smelter, I've lost a few designs by letting them get too close to the fire."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:04 am »

((Do I smell a relationship burning bright, like the embers under steel ingots?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 07, 2012, 02:30:01 am »

((Hey Sarge can you field that one for me. Sarge: "I can neither confirm or deny that."))

Stiletto nods

"I like big machines. The kind that make the wonderful noises."

She smiles a wistful look in her eyes

"Click and Twang, and thud! I like thud! the most, it's my favorite machine sound."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:51:55 am by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

"I like the schwing of the blade traps, myself.  The pumps aren't bad, though.  Just kinda quietly efficient."

I place the crucible back into the smelter to start processing the ore, then close it up and turn to Stiletto.

"There we go!  Lets go over here where my other notes are and you can show me what you've got."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2012, 02:53:08 am »

With a flick of her mien, Stiletto trots to the area containing Fluxs' notes

"What I have got is right here."

Stiletto pulls a small book from under her armor with the use of her magic and places it next to Fluxs' notes

"Old family weapons."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:08:19 am by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2012, 03:03:34 am »

I let out a low whistle as I look over her notes.

"Wow, Stiletto, these are amazing!  That multi-ballista is especially interesting!  Did you design these?"

I look her in the eyes, clearly awed by the notes.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2012, 03:14:13 am »

First Stiletto blushes again and then shakes her head

"My Great Uncle. He was a brilliant Militia pony, with much respect for his unit. He is the reason my family... sits where they do?"

She ferrous her brow as she clearly struggles for the right words

"We were close before I went to flight academy."

Stilettos' eyes droop again

"Traurige Erinnerungen."

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:10:06 am by TALLPANZER »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:20 am »

"Um, did something happen to him while you were at the academy?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:15 am »

"He passed on to Valholta just after I graduated. I went into guard training the next day."

She raises her head and squares her jaw

"He wanted me too be strong and brave, so I do it for him."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:11:02 am by TALLPANZER »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2012, 03:47:23 am »

I look up at her, starting to finally see past the alicorn to the pony.

"I... I'm sure he'd be proud, Stiletto.  You're one of the bravest ponies I know, and you use your strength to make sure others are safe.  I'm not too strong, but I want to help, too.  That's why I started looking into machinery."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2012, 03:56:35 am »

Stiletto looks down at Flux and then her armor. She draws a hoof over one her **steel high boots** then takes it off slowly and places her bare hoof on Fluxs' forehead.

"Your steel protects. I just end lives."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:11:24 am by TALLPANZER »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2012, 04:06:43 am »

I blush heavily as Stiletto places her hoof on my head.

"And you save others in the process.  I just make metal, I don't even work it into form.  You have the skill and the will to defend ponies at the risk of yourself, Stiletto.  I don't see how your Uncle could be prouder of you."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2012, 04:18:06 am »

Stiletto smiles softly and puts her hoof down

'Solch ein netter kleiner Hengst. Wird er auch von mir genommen werden?'

"You are a very good friend to say that, but there are two lives that already passed through my hooves."

She put her boot back on

"Ich bin zu langsam."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:11:47 am by TALLPANZER »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 07, 2012, 04:32:17 am »

"You can't be everywhere at once, Stiletto.  My traps aren't perfect, but I like to think they do at least something if real help cant get there in time.  Don't blame yourself, please?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2012, 04:50:25 am »

Slowly, carefully, Stiletto moves close to Flux.

"If you come with me when I visit them, I will be less sad. You really make me feel... Better?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:12:11 am by TALLPANZER »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 239