Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 55920 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2011, 06:32:49 pm »

Continue trying to regain my literacy.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2011, 11:04:59 am »

That imp is being such a great help.

Turn 22 - Nazixtermination
Me: Get over and drag Fekod out of immediant combat and to a high vantage point. "Your lucky I need some meatshields. Fire yer launcher thing!"BS: Go for the throat!Zombie: Keep on truckin'.
(...) You run over to Fekod and attempt to drag him away from the fray, but the imp jumps onto your head!
The Bone Spicorpion slashes at the Nazi guardsman's throat, (ATT) (DEF) but he swats it off his face just in time! The Spicorpion rolls across the floor and skitters off.
Meanwhile, the zombie once again charges at the standing Nazi guardsman! (ATT) (DEF) The Nazi deftly avoids his charge, and once again raises his weapon!
Try to find some stuff on the ground to fire out of old faithful. Apply improvised ammunition to the nazi fighting the zombie.
(...) Ignoring Derm's attempts at dragging you away from the fight, you reach over to the collapsed stairway and grab a large chunk of concrete with a length of rebar sticking out of it. You load it into Old Faithful and take aim at the Nazi guardsman nearest the zombie! (ATT) (DEF) The chunk of concrete bursts forth from the barrel of Old Faithful, slamming into the Nazi's head and painting the wall with its contents!
"You and your bloody imps Derm! Literally!!1"
Run around screaming wildly in pain before extensively taking out my rage in a wrench-based fashion on the bleeding-handed Nazi.
"Grarrh! You bloody Nazis!"
(ATT) (DEF) You descend on the prone Nazi, smashing his limbs and knocking him out cold with your wrench! Only one Nazi remains conscious/alive.
After feeling a little more foolish, the baron goes off and looks for a passage that leads even deeper into the Underworks. And he offers a sincere prayer to the GM.
"Well, I feel dumb...er than usual."
(...) You head down the sloped passage into the next room, arriving in a much larger area. The room consists of a narrow walkway flanked by loud generators, ostensibly supplying a large portion of the town above with power. The room has a high ceiling, with several metal catwalks crisscrossing above. You can see yet another hallway leading deeper into the fortress at the other end of the room.
Continue trying to regain my literacy.
(...) You can now read at a second grade level. Most of the book still makes no sense to you.

(...) The eyeless Nazi runs around like a headless chicken, eventually slipping and kebabing himself on a sharp rock. God, this game's violent.

(ATT) (DEF) The imp crawls all over Derm, biting and scratching at him! It manages to inflict several serious bleeding wounds!

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms
Wounds: [HP:90/100] Broken Rib x2 | Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes | Scripture of Lumithos | Origami Bonewalker
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: (Mostly) Illiterate | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze
Wounds: [HP:40/100] | Missing Tooth x5 | Heavy Bleeding | Heavy Bleeding x2
Skills: Necromancy | Raise Minion | Morph Undead
Companions: Bone Spicorpion | Zombie

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x3
Wounds: [HP:58/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages
Wounds: [HP:73/100]
Skills: Master Thief
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2011, 11:46:22 am »

"Say, Zack, could you patch up my heavy bleeding a little please? You might not be able to see it against the lovely colour of my catsuit, but it sure is there! Gosh!"

Loot the unconscious Nazi and then hide the evidence, dragging/throwing all corpses etc off the ledgeunless Derm wants them

Perhaps we should interrogate the (admittedly unconscious) prisoner? Or just throw him off too?

Perhaps we should commandeer the skiff?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2011, 11:50:40 am »

De-summon Imp.
Zombie: Gather the corpses.
BOne Spicorpion: Attack imp if there, if not: Return to Me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2011, 12:39:09 pm »

Get to where the others are, blast the imp if Derm fails to de-summon it, use pieces of my robe to bandage Hilda and Derm then give the origami back to Derm.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2011, 02:35:09 pm »

Get a pile of small pieces of scrap and rubble for future use as scatter shot in Old Faithful.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2011, 05:11:09 am »

I seriously don't know how I keep forgetting to post. Sorry.

Climb the generators up to the catwalk. If stupid/fatal, then just try breaking them with anything nearby or grappling hook.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »

I enjoy turning simple jokes into actual game mechanics.

Turn 23 - After-battle Cleanup
Loot the unconscious Nazi and then hide the evidence, dragging/throwing all corpses etc off the ledgeunless Derm wants them
"Say, Zack, could you patch up my heavy bleeding a little please? You might not be able to see it against the lovely colour of my catsuit, but it sure is there! Gosh!"
(...) You run your hands over the unconscious Nazi, eventually coming across a small Walther pistol. It appears to have two bullets left in it. Before you can even think about moving the corpses, Derm pounces on them and begins chanting in tongues!
De-summon Imp.
Zombie: Gather the corpses.
BOne Spicorpion: Attack imp if there, if not: Return to Me.
(...) Thrusting forward with your open palm, you banish the imp with a loud, smoky pop!
(...) The zombie ambles deliberately across the room, placing the two corpses together.
(...) The Bone Spicorpion skitters across the floor, up your robes, and onto your head.

You crack your knuckles, preparing to raise the dead. You open up the book and get a refresher course on multiple-zombie-raising.
Quote from: Eldritchnomicon
And the thrice-damned prophet did say, "He who pleases the Dreamweavers of the cosmos shall partake of their gifts. If one of the Dark Order wishes to raise multiple necromorphic constructs, he must 'level up' his Necromancy abilities through concentrated application of atrocities. Qzth'thekwel be with you."
A small gauge labeled "Atrocities" appears on your HUD. On a side note, you're beginning to feel lightheaded from blood loss.
Get to where the others are, blast the imp if Derm fails to de-summon it, use pieces of my robe to bandage Hilda and Derm then give the origami back to Derm.
(...) You head over to heal the others and smite the imp, but trip and tumble down the mesh stairs back into the machine room.
Get a pile of small pieces of scrap and rubble for future use as scatter shot in Old Faithful.
(...) You reach down to pick up some rocks off the floor, but only succeed in cutting open your hand on them. Sigh.
Climb the generators up to the catwalk. If stupid/fatal, then just try breaking them with anything nearby or grappling hook.
(...) Using openings dangerously close to rapidly-spinning machinery as handholds, you climb up to the catwalks above the generators. The catwalks lead to various other rooms, but they're all labeled in German.

Status

Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol
Wounds: [HP:85/100] Broken Rib x2 | Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes | Scripture of Lumithos | Origami Bonewalker
Skills: (Mostly) Illiterate | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos

Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze
Wounds: [HP:30/100] | Missing Tooth x5 | Heavy Bleeding | Heavy Bleeding x2
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead
Companions: Bone Spicorpion | Zombie

Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x3
Wounds: [HP:53/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg | Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages
Wounds: [HP:77/100]
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:05 pm »

Command zombie to become a skeleton. Nudge Zack with my foot from a room and a couple stairs away. "Oi, help?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

Learn German! Enter the first room I see.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:34 pm »

Get to where the others are, then use pieces of my robe to bandage Hilda, Fekod and Derm, then give the origami back to Derm.
Also continue trying to regain my literacy if I have any time left afterwards.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:27:20 pm by BullDog »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2011, 09:22:27 pm »

"Sometimes, I wish I was a robot."
Use my underwear as a bandage for my hand and see if the skiff is salvageable.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2011, 03:11:57 am »

Aid Zack, then Fekod, if possible. However, prioritise having a good stretch and post-combat warmdown to keep agile and bendy.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »

Alright! I'm back, and we will now resume our (semi-)regular update schedule.

Turn 24 - Hot Kokiri Action
Command zombie to become a skeleton. Nudge Zack with my foot from a room and a couple stairs away. "Oi, help?"
(...) You twist your hand dramatically, grimacing and chanting at the zombie, all the while delivering a telepathic message to transform itself into a skeleton. The zombie complies, flinging itself at the pile of sharp rocks and shredding itself down to the bone. It then performs a short tap-dancing number and longs for a top hat and cane.
Learn German! Enter the first room I see.
(...) You sprint quietly across the catwalk, heading for the first door you spot. Unfortunately, you trip on a small toolbox on the way to the door and slip forward, mashing your face into a red button on the wall! A klaxon siren sounds in the distance, and you can hear mechanical noises approaching from several of the side paths along the catwalk!
Get to where the others are, then use pieces of my robe to bandage Hilda, Fekod and Derm, then give the origami back to Derm.
Also continue trying to regain my literacy if I have any time left afterwards.
(...) Tearing your robe down to something resembling an embarrassingly revealing tunic, you run up to the upper level and begin separating the robe into strips of fabric. First you clean and apply one of the bandages to Hilda's face, covering the slash mark from the imp. You then proceed to Fekod, bandaging his hand tightly with the second strip of fabric. Lastly you head to Derm, wrapping his wounds in the remaining bandages. Everybody is healed!
(...) You then fumble around with the origami, dropping it nearby Derm.

Thou art revealing thy skin most thoroughly, disciple. Beware, if thou breakest the virtue of modesty thou shalt be smitten once more!

Use my underwear as a bandage for my hand and see if the skiff is salvageable.
"Sometimes, I wish I was a robot."
(...) You prepare to remove your undergarments for the purpose of wound dressing, but Zack quickly overtakes you and bandages your hand quite handily! A bit taken aback but pleasantly surprised, you make your way over to the skiff and flip it upright. It appears to be in perfect working condition, and will make an excellent vehicle if you can pilot it correctly.
Aid Zack, then Fekod, if possible. However, prioritise having a good stretch and post-combat warmdown to keep agile and bendy.
(...) The others seem to have their actions well in hand, so you begin your post-combat cooldown routine to un-tense your muscles. As you bend over to touch your toes, however, you are stricken with a sudden-onset charlie horse in your left leg! You stumble about in agony, screeching and flailing your leg in attempt to quell the pain, and accidentally tackle Fekod onto the maintenance skiff! Groping with your hands to catch yourself, you grab onto the throttle and the skiff begins accelerating back toward the water pumping station!

Status

Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:89/100] Broken Rib x2 | Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Tunic | Scripture of Lumithos

Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:34/100] | Missing Tooth x5 | Heavy Bleeding | Heavy Bleeding x2
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead
Companions: Bone Spicorpion | Skeleton

Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4
Wounds: [HP:57/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg | Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:81/100]
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2011, 08:33:44 pm »

Fuse Skeleton and Bone Spicorpion into some manner of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23