Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Hyperion:Relaunched  (Read 22708 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Station - Turn 01
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »

They knew about the cancer and didn't say anything because you didn't have insurance?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE WHO CAN'T PAY?

Aye. If it wasn't for the female doctor whoo broke rules and told us, my mother would have died before we even knew what was wrong with her.

As was said, its not the doctors' faults per se, but those who pay their salaries and order them around. Thankfully one person had the heart to give a fuck-you to the 'rules' and help us out. Who knows how many lives she's saved by warning patients of what other doctors are too damn afraid to say.

Also, I got home only at 10:30 PM so I didn't get to work on any update yet. 12:11 AM right now, and I'm doing a little research. Going to play a bit of X-COM then I'll see if I can post the next Turn. Things will become streamlined after the first 5-6 turns, so no worries. The hardest part is figuring out where everything goes and how to make the mechanics work. >_<
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:35 am »

Hope this game doesn't die.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:54 am »

Hah, again, not happening. I have a life, and one full of problems, so therefore I can't be working on a multi-faceted writing and art project full-time. I will not, however, stop this awesome idea I had and ruin a perfectly good RP.

On a slightly darker, more macabre note, I just returned from my girl's room. She called me frantically at 5 in the morning because she had a very vivid nightmare. I will share it with you now.

--- --- ---

Kiki's Dream: Legend of the Black Cat

A black cat roams the streets, and the people of the city fear it. They do not speak of it and give name to their fear; they only flee. As cold as the spirits of the dead, it walks. It weaves a tapestry of mystery and fright as it darts from shadow to shadow. Most times it is content to watch Man from afar, seemingly in amusement of our bustle and our worry. On certain days, the black cat appears suddenly as silent as encroaching mist; darkness-bound. The people flee from it wherever it walks, and its approach causes a silent chaos of the mind. A crowded market moments ago now lies vacant and all the city's people shuffle hurriedly from sight of the black cat. It is not a regular cat, this one. Suddenly, a little girl breaks away from the crowd and her mother, running towards the black cat who's tail darts upright and ears twitch curiously. Breaking the unspoken code of silence, the child begs her mother innocently to play with the pretty black cat. The child giggles as she approaches the dark feline, as each sound seems to expel the cat from the light. As she finally reaches it, she stops giggling and gazes in curiosity toward the shadowclad creature, undoubtedly in wonder of its mysterious origins. The mother in her hushed panic tells the child to come along, now; but it is far too late. We know not if the child laid hand upon the cat, or the black cat itself approached the child, but it has already begun. As with every other incident of the black cat, the child once filled with laughter now lies ice-cold upon the market floor, her dead eyes staring deep into oblivion. And the cat, you say? Where is the accursed cat now? The Black Cat has returned to its deathly home among the shadows, fading from sight the moment the two beings touched. The only signs of its faded presence are a curious frozen tear; and the blue-tinged corpse of an innocent little girl.

--- --- ---

In the actual nightmare the marketplace was a supermarket, and once the girl was turning icy-blue and presumably dying, my girl's mother helped her brothers out of a window and then my girl ran for the window. All she remembers is what I wrote. I had a bit of fun with the story of people knowing the cat, based on the unspoken silence everyone in the supermarket had when the cat showed up. They freaked out, but kept silent as if they were afraid to show the cat their fear. Also, according to the dream, laughter repels the cat for some odd reason.

Now, we have 2 beautiful cats in the house and my girl and I are mega-cat people. This is the first time she's ever had a cat-related nightmare. Weird thing is, as much as I adore black cats and will chase after them when I see them at night, I used to have an odd dream about the same exact cat when I was a kid. o_O It didn't freeze people, but the behavior was the same and it ushered that same unspeakable silence. In fact, all the sound of the city died out as it approached, nothing but the faint howl of the wind left. As if it sucked the very warmth and life from everything it touched; forever cursed to remain hated and alone.

I find it sad, really. I'll probably incorporate the black cat into one of my books or stories. This one's definitely being saved.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2011, 08:55:42 am »

Flesh eating intelligent jelly is scarier.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:09 am »

Dementor cat.   :P
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2011, 09:15:34 am »

Jelly....pain...eating.......ouch....

Rip goat, more loli

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2011, 10:24:19 pm »

If I don't pass out between now and morning, I'll be posting the finished (for now) version of the Hyperion. :D Its looking a LOT better now, with two divisions surrounding the massive Docking station, the bridge up top, habitat module down below, and all sorts of tidbits like random furniture, air vents, airlocks, etc. :)

Even have a nice little observation room at the bottom of the station with its own external hatch and airlock for emergencies and whatnot.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2011, 01:40:36 am »

MUAHAHAHA!

Mostly-complete Station design going up in a few minutes. Just trying to finish the uranium-fueled nuclear reactor atm, I'm having a hell of a time scaling the damn thing down...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2011, 01:57:18 am »

Dammit, why do I have to leave for college just as you put it up >_<
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2011, 03:42:39 am »

I finally finished the nuclear reactor based on the schematics for a nuclear power plants reactor, without the cooling tower of course. Should we say we have some sort of technology that rapidly cools water, then my reactors' fucking DONE. Woo! Only took me the entire night... >_> I had to resize it soooooo much to fit into the dimensions I needed, sigh. I spent maybe 20 minutes drawing each component of the nuclear reactor at perfect scale, then I had to proportionally downsize it and shift the pieces around until it fit in the allotted vertical space. Had to extend it horizontally though, ended up extending it for the hell of it in the end. Going to mirror the extended room to the other side as well and use it as a sort of mechanical workshop or some such. :)

Full Station should be posted in an hour or so. :D

tldr;

I MADE A FUCKING NUCLEAR REACTOR, BITCHES!

Key:

Green is the uranium-based nuclear core, the two vertical bars are control rods inserted into the fissile core. The tank to the left with pipes all over is the steam generator which moves the mechanical turbine in the center, those 3 cog-like structures on the axle. The turbine is connected to the generator which is then connected to a transformer which is then connected to the energy cell, the same sprite for an O.R.B. except with a yellow center. The piping and tank full of dark and light colored water is the very important coolant pool, the two switches on the pipes ensuring warm water is piped into the pool while cool water is piped into the turbine.

All in all, I have every single component properly designed. Only thing I'm missing is the cooling tower which is the telltale big-ass concrete/metal structure people see as nuclear power plants, which is the all-important structure to ensure the fissile core doesn't undergo a meltdown from an excessive climb in temperature. For roleplay purposes, I decided to check out the schematics for American nuclear submarines and used the water piping system for those rather than the impossibly-large cooling tower we'd use on Earth. With a little RP-magic making the water eternally cool in the coolant pool, we've now got a fully-functional nuclear reactor that should power the station for at least 1,000 years. :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:40:54 am by Ehndras »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2011, 05:25:04 am »

thank you ehndras for helping me with pics.

i dont know if it is big enough, tell me if its ok.

Rip goat, more loli

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2011, 05:35:42 am »

thank you ehndras for helping me with pics.

i dont know if it is big enough, tell me if its ok.

Not bad! :D

Just make sure to save it in PNG, not JPEG. The color is distorted because you saved the image in JPEG, which is the default.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:34 am »

oh i just made a bunch more things, in pixel form, im gonna remake em in more HD thingy.

Rip goat, more loli

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2011, 05:43:12 am »

wops, double post sorry.

3 is a spider drone with a laser, 4 is a roof turret, uses bullets.

HDish Rifle

Spider Drone

Basic cyro/bed room    i will add more

Finished cyro Room with a planet and galaxy in background.

unless you tell me to make something i will make random stuff. and :O i just noticed im important for once :D
and please can people say how my pictures are? this is the first time i have ever done this stuff.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:20:56 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2011, 06:13:09 am »

That's a very detailed reactor you have there...

I like it.

Also, Drago, may I ask as to what you are using for drawing this stuff? Would it happen to be Paint?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26