Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Hyperion:Relaunched  (Read 22672 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Station - Turn 01
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »

Your broke? D:        We share the pain/sadness.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2011, 06:35:14 pm »

Epic Mini-Update 0.5

Got a few new concepts on the drawing board, and I've been doing research on radiation detection methods, dosimeters, Geiger-Muller Tubes and counters, ionization chambers, and a few other things to figure how our radiation scanners and such will work. :)

For the station, the airlocks will come equipped with a Radiation Portal Monitor (RPM), used at national borders(U.S. for example) to inspect cargo for radiation. For the crew, I'm thinking of using Russian-made handheld Radex RD1008 Beta and Gamma radiation sensors, great stuff. Its too big to carry around, so it'll have to be carried in a rectangular black leather bag like a laptop carrier. Also possible is the Belarus-made DKG-RM1610, who's range is fucking ridiculous, is much smaller, has a built-in energy accumulator rather than disposable battery cell, BUT I have no data on its detection methods or abilities. Source

A few more ideas I'm working on:

Orbital Recon Battery:The O.R.B. is a long-range scanner Probe, spherical in design. It comes equipped with an advanced computational array as well as Thermal, X-Ray, Electro-Magnetic, and advanced radiation scanners.
Magnetized Vacuum Containment Suit - The MVC Protective suit used for HazMat situations and xenobiological encounters.
Magnetized Vacuum Containment Unit: The MVC Unit is used to store exotic materials suspended in a vacuum.
Anti-Electron Matter Disruption Technology: A.M.D. is an Alien weapons technology that disintegrates matter with a blast of high-energy state exotic particles. AMD Technology functions by annihilating electrons, thereby decomposing any and all molecular bindings within an organism or material. - {XenoBio Threat Level - Devastating}
Swarm Bio-Toxin: A so-called corrosive cybergenic neuro-toxin synthesized from radioactive compounds and heavy metals. Originally secreted by certain Swarm organisms in order to incapacitate creatures and melt down metal, it was reverse-engineered by the Ach'remoc to be used as a highly-destructive weapon and torture device. {XenoBio Threat Level - Horrifying}

Beings:

The Undying: A group of aliens who's planet Ciberys was destroyed by the combined destructive force of the World-Eater Swarm and the Ach'remoc; who later came to wipe out the Swarm and secure the advanced weaponry of the Undying. The Cybraxian people were the only to survive the onslaught by burrowing deep into the surface of Ciberys. With billions dead and their cities in ruins, the Cybraxian people took to the stars with their entire fleet; never to see their world again. The Undying serve as bounty hunters and mercenaries while their armada travels the universe, trading their technology and services for food, water, and materials.

World-Eater Swarm: A swarm of psychically-linked insectoid organisms that feed on all metal and carbon-based substances. They travel to planets, moons and asteroids consuming everything until there is naught left but dead stone; they will consume even living flesh, though plastic and rubber seems to repel them for unknown reasons. Following the Cybraxian-Ach'remoc War, the previously-unknown Swarm became vastly more volatile... Legends say they fused with the Undying technology they consumed, though the Cybraxian Collective guards that aspect of their history with lethal fervor. Though the Swarm came to Ciberys within a meteor, it is unknown how they escaped the planet's atmosphere. Dozens of new Swarm organisms have appeared as they've assimilated entire worlds, and there are rumors that there may even be humanoid Swarm agents in existence.

--- --- ---

Currently I'm working simultaneously on the next turn and my Chaotic Symmetry design...

Heheheheh... I added in a Dwarf Fortress tribute to the design. :P Its fairly easy to find if you know what you're looking for. ;) I'll give you a hint; its DF's most famous image.

I feel that I may have finally completed the design. :)

Press F11 to zoom in your browser, or you can't see the whole thing. its too big for a regular screen. Also, if its scrunched just click and zoom in. I linked to it rather than img it so that its better on the eyes. I take no responsibility for any epileptic seizures or sudden realization of mortal ascendancy or any such things.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:43:29 pm by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:48 pm »

May I ask precisely what I am looking at there ?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

Oh nothing really, a design I've been working on. Its a bunch of different designs creating a big tapestry design. Its meant to go on a wall or a rug, or some such.

Just for fun, really. People tend to say its mind-blowing.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

Oh nothing really, a design I've been working on. Its a bunch of different designs creating a big tapestry design. Its meant to go on a wall or a rug, or some such.

It is I can't really make heads or tails of it though it looks like you added the energy cannon sprites from this into it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »

It is I can't really make heads or tails of it though it looks like you added the energy cannon sprites from this into it.

More like the reverse.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2011, 09:22:43 pm »

More like the reverse.

What? No, the energy cannon sprites have nothing to do with this. o_O

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2011, 04:38:17 am »

More like the reverse.

What? No, the energy cannon sprites have nothing to do with this. o_O

You have at least one sprite involving that piece.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:30 am »

Nope. Only things I added were the reflected lattice design I copied from the last Chaotic version, and then I added what could be compared to an extended version of the ORB with a pattern around it.

I really don't where you guys are finding this stuff :P

Wait, if you're talking about the rectangle with a square through it, that looks like the end of the cannon's barrel, that's been there for years but I never did anything with it. Finally figured a design so I reflected them all through the image to make the lattice structure design.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »

EDIT: Sorry, I rant on and talk a lot when I'm upset...

Heading out for a birthday party, be out all afternoon.

Got a call from my Sergeant, I'm undergoing my final medical checkup on Thursday of next week... Means everything should begin to fall into place. No worries, though. I won't be leaving until some time between January and March.

I can't promise the next turn will be posted today if its anywhere as hectic as yesterday was, but this weekend definitely. I'm eager to continue with the story. :)

I nearly had to bring my girl to the hospital, after she had an excruciatingly painful attack. Been a few months since the last one, nothing they could do about it in the hospital either... I'm the only person she's ever told of all her attacks, as I call them for their sudden and violent arrival, and the dozen or so times I've brought her to the doctor they've never been able to pinpoint the source. Reminds me of when the doctors LIED to my mother and told them they couldn't find a cause, but one doctor pulled her into her officer and told her that she has cancer and that they won't tell her because her insurance doesn't cover it. My mother went to Brazil and in a month the doctors told her she had 2 months to live. If the American doctors hadn't lied to her face for two years, she would have caught it much earlier. Same with my Father and the experimental drug treatment the gave him. Either the doctors are very incompetent or their detection methods are utter garbage. Not to mention my best friend Lucy's father who died in February because of our local hospital being understaffed, and the med students and fresh graduates there having no god damn idea what they were doing.

Thanks a lot, incompetent American doctors. Sigh. Since my girl is from an extremely poor Puerto Rican family and has only very basic health insurance, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same scenario all over again that I've seen dozens of times.

Note to you all; go somewhere else for your medical treatments. For the most part, many American doctors have no sense of duty to their patients. Take it from someone who wasn't supposed to live past the age of 7, who went through two parents with cancer, all 4 grandparents dying one after the other with my father going before his mother. As someone who used to go to the hospital 3-6 times a WEEK, I can honestly say the American medical system is deeply, deeply flawed. There are a SELECT FEW bastions of hope in the medical community of America, though they tend to be very, very expensive; therefore, far beyond the grasp of the general populace.

Man, being broke sucks.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:13 pm »

To quote LCS:
"dude, that's like... totally bumming me out..."

Man, the medical system is totally effed up. They never told them about the cancer?! They could at least tell them and maybe a charity would pay or something like that. That makes me really, really pissed at america. And THIS is from a freakin' twelve-year old! I swear, if this continues, I shall lead a rebellion against the US! Or I'll just move to England when I'm older,

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »

if i understand correctly i feel sorry for ehndras, but i might not understand correctly.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2011, 03:11:34 pm »

if i understand correctly i feel sorry for ehndras, but i might not understand correctly.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »

They knew about the cancer and didn't say anything because you didn't have insurance?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE WHO CAN'T PAY?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2011, 06:52:08 pm »

The doctors, probably not. The institution in general, possibly.

Also, poking in to say my game updated, since you had poked me about this in mine, Ehndras :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26