Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83523 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:17 pm »

Assuming you're -6 GMT, then that's fine - 4:30PM EST (3:30PM CST) sounds like a good starting point. Alekhs?
I'd like to join, if that's alright. The above time or pretty much anything later will work fine for me.
I haven't really done anything like this at all before, though, so I won't entirely know what I'm doing.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »

Assuming you're -6 GMT, then that's fine - 4:30PM EST (3:30PM CST) sounds like a good starting point. Alekhs?
I'd like to join, if that's alright. The above time or pretty much anything later will work fine for me.
I haven't really done anything like this at all before, though, so I won't entirely know what I'm doing.

That's fine, that's the best way to play. :D Give me a few minutes and I'll make a post stating the time, and how to be 'prepared'.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:52 pm »

Yup, works for me.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:42 pm »

Game starts on 11/08 (Tuesday) at 4:30PM EST (-5 GMT). Please be prepared for 1.5-2 hours, longer if people are up for it.

Requirements/Preparation:

JParanoia 1.31.1:

We will be using JParanoia - compatible with Windows and Linux. This is a very easy to use chat client that will store our character sheets, give the GM some control over the game (ie. freezing/muting during combat scenes so they play out cleanly) and has build in controls for IC/OOC chat/PM'ng and even pictures transferred to everybody. I'll still be in the Steam (DFCPAR) chat room in case we have people who don't show up, and can use replacements (or if we just have extra room for impromptu players!)

Download here: http://www.paranoia-live.net/download.php?view.21 (Also requires Java Runtime Environment 1.3.1 or later, can be found here if for some reason you don't have it: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp or through yum/apt-get etc. in Linux)

To run it, just download it, unzip the folder to wherever (like your messy desktop if you're anything like me) and run the JParanoia(Jun-10-04).jar file. Then choose client, and I'll give you the connect info via PM/Steam before we start.

*PLEASE* test that you can run it (just double click the JAR and click "Client") before the game starts, and ask for help BEFOREHAND if you can't get it! I don't want everybody to get bogged down because somebody doesn't know how to install Java.

Character Generation:
http://paranoia.polyatomic.org/

Everybody will use a randomly generated character sheet using the following parameters:
Name: Choose whatever you want, this is basically your 'surname' - so for my character Su-R-OOT-1, I entered "Su".
Clearance: Choose Red, no exceptions. This makes up the R of my example Su-R-OOT-1.
Sector: Whatever you want - three letters. This has no meaning at all, it's just flavor. Su-R-OOT-1.
Clone: Choose 1. This will change if when you die. My Su-R-OOT-1 is now actually Su-R-OOT-3, because he's died twice and is on his third clone.
Play Style: Can be Classic or Zap. I have a feeling my games are going to end up somewhere between "Classic" and "Zap", so take whichever strikes you. (Please not straight though)

Assigned service group: Random
Stat generation method: Buy to 40.

Once you're done, click "Decant" and get that PDF to me somehow. If you REALLY don't like what you see, regen it a couple times and send me the one you do like - please keep it to only a couple tries though, honor system! If you have no idea what you're reading, that's fine. Don't try to look it up, I'll consider that treason. Toss it in Google Docs and share it, put it on MegaUpload, PM me the link, or email it to me at paranoia *A-T* gigathump.com, whatever you want. (I have a catch-all address, so I'll know where the dirty spam comes from!)

*DON'T SHARE YOUR SHEET WITH OTHERS - IT HAS SENSITIVE TREASONOUS DATA*

FULL

Current list of players:
Alekhs - Brud-R-BIG-1
Bdthemag - Richard-R-DED-1
trees - Tre-R-KOL-1
userpay - Vichero-R-TVI-1
Karlito - Boris-R-AGH-1
Peewee - U-R-IST-1

I'll accept 6 players since it's my first time GM'ng, maybe more if you're really desperate enough... :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:32:34 am by KatalDT »

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2011, 10:40:12 pm »

Also, if anybody wants to test the client with me real quick (and to make sure you can connect), toss me a PM or hit me up in the Steam DFCPAR group chat. I have the server running right now.

Edit: I'll just leave it running for a bit if anybody wants to try to connect. The server address is b12.gigathump.com and the passwords for any of the characters are asdf.

Actions are preceded by a /
ex. /runs away shows Nory-R-BEE-1: runs away

Speaking IC is preceded by a '
ex 'What a wonderful daycycle. Thank you, Friend Computer. shows Nory-R-BEE-1 says, "What a wonderful day! Thank you, Friend Computer."

(Ending a sentence with a ! says you're shouting it though, oddly enough)

OOC is preceeded by a \
ex. \what's up guys shows Nory-R-BEE-1 . o O ( what's up guys )
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:51:02 pm by KatalDT »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »

Game starts on 11/07 (Tuesday) at 3:30PM EST (-5 GMT). Please be prepared for 1.5-2 hours, longer if people are up for it.

Dang, if it started a little later I could make it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:04:30 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:02 pm »

Game starts on 11/07 (Tuesday) at 3:30PM EST (-5 GMT). Please be prepared for 1.5-2 hours, longer if people are up for it.

Dang, if it started a little later I could make it.

How much later? If it doesn't fill up, a late arrival wouldn't be the worst thing. Throwing a wrench in partway through can be fun. :)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »

Actually, scratch that. I can show up on time. I forgot what day it was. Reserve me a spot.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2011, 11:31:12 pm »

Server works, thanks whoever helped join (didn't get your name haha). It's not up right now because I'm working on the character sheet templates, so it's all good.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2011, 11:34:48 pm »

Uhh Just so you know, the Steam room needs to be clear at 6PM EST (around 11PM GMT) That's when I run my weekly game.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 07, 2011, 11:37:40 pm »

Uhh Just so you know, the Steam room needs to be clear at 6PM EST (around 11PM GMT) That's when I run my weekly game.

Won't be a problem, we're using the JParanoia client :D

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »

Ahh there's a newer version of JParanoia than I thought!

http://www.paranoia-live.net/download.php?view.21

Go get that one instead. I'll update my post too.

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2011, 11:46:36 pm »

Is there anything special that needs to be done to join the weekly game, or is that only for people who, like, know what they're doing? I won't be able to make it to KatalDT's game (what's with you people and being awake in the day time) but I'd be able to make it to that one.
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2011, 12:02:05 am »

Is there anything special that needs to be done to join the weekly game, or is that only for people who, like, know what they're doing? I won't be able to make it to KatalDT's game (what's with you people and being awake in the day time) but I'd be able to make it to that one.

Nothing special, but the people from previous games get priority. And my last few games have been full. SO there's around 10-12 people who are ahead of you inline for a 8 player game. Sorry. Still worth spectating though, and you might get to fill in.

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:36 am »

Still worth spectating though

Might do just that, it would probably be just as fun to see how much chaos the people who KNOW the system can cause  :)
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73