Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83525 times)

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »

PM'd all 6 players, let me know what times you can play.

Also, sorry if it seemed like I railroaded it a bit (deus ex machina every now and then) but if I didn't, we'd probably have never left R&D... :D I would post the logs, but if we finish, I don't want to post the PM logs.. and picking through that log to remove all the PMs will be a nightmare. I can summarize though:

- Everybody gets woken up after only an hour or so of sleep by the Friend Computer, who declares it is a new day cycle.
- Richard (Bdthemag) wakes up missing a leg - punishment for the treasonous violation of being THREE MINUTE LATE to the game.
- All the other reds are stumbling around, groggy, and a few get zapped for not getting out of bed in time.
- They meet in the mess hall, and are called to a briefing in the kitchen.
- Everybody is given Indigo brevet promotions (via a badge) by an Indigo briefing officer, who unfortunately is unable to order them around anymore, and simply offers weak suggestions. He chooses the leader by whoever raises his hand first (One-Legged Richard gets it)
- He tells them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Richard the leader gets an indigo map pointing him to R&D and then to the Commie HQ, where they are to disable the time-altering device.
- R&D assigns them 12 sets of rocket boots, because the right feet are faulty, everybody gets the left boot of two sets. (So everybody is wearing two boots, including Richard, one on his hand one on his foot - since the Computer has dictated EVERYBODY must wear two for the mission)
- Scientists suggests they test them first, saying they've been tuned for 'team efficiency'. He shows them a large, 20 meter x 20 meter x 20 meter padded room where they can test it safely. He suggests they all go in at once. Only Vichero and Boris go into the chamber.
- When Vichero activates his boots, the entire squadron of boots activates (including the unused right boots). There are plenty of injuries, nobody dies however. Somebody manages to turn them off.
- They head off towards the commie base.

- Halfway down towards a VERY long indigo hallway, the Computer announces the day has ended. Several seconds later, he announces that it's a new day cycle.
- All the Indigo badges start beeping, and an autocannon starts shooting, killing Boris. The rest, except for Tre, pile into a Red market door off the Indigo hallway, which happens to be a closet. A red clearance closet, whose only access point is an Indigo hallway.
- After Boris is shot, all the lights/power go out (SECRET REASONS). Only then do the Indigo Badges explain that they've expired, and having them in their possession still after the allotted day cycle is treason.
- Tre is still in the hall when a squad of Vulture goons comes marching down the hall with flashlights. They demand to know Tre's clearance, Tre runs, and turns on his rocket boots.
- Because the rocket boots are all linked, the rocket boots on Boris' corpse also activate, and so does everybody in the closet. They're all mashed in a nice big blender, and the goons fire into the closet (because of the fire and explosions and what not), finishing off any living remnants.
- Brud has an involuntary teleport reaction, and rolls poorly, so he teleports *INTO* Tre. They're a combined mish-mash of flesh and goop, and within a minute they explode (due to the two competing hearts pumping in different directions)

I'll write more later, my hands are tired.. haha
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:44:35 pm by KatalDT »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »

Railroading? I never noticed, I was to busy having fun :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »

Railroading in Paranoia isn't as bad as in other games IMO given that the game was made for very structured (so to speak) games.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »

So someone may post the raw logs.
But i just want to say
we had perhaps, the most fail mission ever, in that, the entire team was near killed TWICE in one mission.
The first, before we even left the base, and the 2nd we still hadnt made it to the objective.
..The first time involved a Rocket shotgun blowing everyone away after a failed hack attempt on friend computer..
..followed by me killing our CO
..We ended with most our team on fire burning to death because of a on fire regenerating person hugging them.

EDIT: LOG
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:50:22 pm by Rift »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2011, 08:41:59 pm »

Yea and C-Sec Squad Viper is the opposite of every one of you. Professional, Crack Shots, Smart. Etc.

Gale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2011, 08:41:59 pm »

And then I got promoted because I ratted out Rift as a traitor.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2011, 08:47:15 pm »

I've always wanted to play Paranoia. Would there be room for another player, and what time is the next session at?  :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2011, 11:18:27 pm »

Railroading in Paranoia isn't as bad as in other games IMO given that the game was made for very structured (so to speak) games.

Yeah, it's better that he dropped us (literally) right into the plot than having us wander around hallways in Alpha Complex for another hour.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2011, 04:41:28 pm »

Just to make sure everyone knows (KatalDT's game) since I haven't seen any response via pm on it yet, while I can make it on Thursday I can't make it till around 5:30 (GMT-5).

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2011, 06:00:38 pm »

Just to make sure everyone knows (KatalDT's game) since I haven't seen any response via pm on it yet, while I can make it on Thursday I can't make it till around 5:30 (GMT-5).

5:30 actually works a little better for me, then I can unwind for a bit before the game starts... haha. 4:30PM means I walk in the door and sit down at the computer.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2011, 07:29:24 pm »

5:30 actually works a little better for me, then I can unwind for a bit before the game starts... haha. 4:30PM means I walk in the door and sit down at the computer.
Normally I'd say 5:20 solidly but due to how long it takes for my computer to start up its safer for the start to be 5:30. There is the possibility that I might get out of class early but its not really something I can count on. Mayhaps be ready to play at 5:20 with deadline being 5:30?

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2011, 11:51:26 pm »

If I can get into a few games, I might start running them.
I have run Paranoia for my friends who play DnD on off days, and I just want to get an idea of what you all play like.
Thank you based dwarf.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »

Ready and waiting for todays game.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2011, 05:18:47 pm »

Gonna be 5-10 minutes late, thought it was moved to 5:30 for some reason, not 20 :(
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73