Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39318 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »

Jim:  Does the lack of kills N0 concern you, since there were potentially up to three kills N0 last game?

Not especially. Night 0s with kills are no fun. I'm guessing LNCP realized this after what could have happened last game or whatever killing roles in this game decided to be gentlemen again. I'm leaning towards thinking the former.

Yet another RVS question from Jim that is equal parts ego-stroking and sneaky attempt to get me to admit to being scum.  I'm almost tempted to vote you out of principle at this point.

You're patting yourself on the back for the excellent ability you have to guess my meta, while simultaneously offering a loaded question.  If this is the game I finally manage to obscure my scum meta to you, it means I'm scum.  Otherwise, I can't obscure anything.  Is there a point to this, or do you just think I'm stupid enough as a scum player to fall for it?  (10 bucks says you just answer "Yes" again to my last sentence).

Why so cranky, Crankypants?

It's essentially a question of confidence. Specifically, your own in your own ability. At some point you're going to become skilled enough that people are going to have trouble telling your town and scum game apart, and I'm asking you whether you think you're there yet.

It isn't a trap question, dude. It can be answered without an admission of guilt just like every other RVS question. But even if it was, you broke the cardinal rule of RVS question answering: to never ever get angry about them.

So why so cranky, Crankypants? Afraid I'm going to laser in on your scum meta like a Predator Drone to the top leaders of Al Qaeda?

And, as a matter of pragmatism, I vote for an Extension.

My reasoning being that looking back at D1 interactions has historically proven a useful tool, and also that I believe I have the most votes at the moment and D1 will be ending while I'm in class tomorrow. So, if the situation doesn't change in the next few hours I'd like to have a change to dissuade any torches and pitchforks pointed in my direction.

Fuck, you're right. Extend and also unvote.

...I already regret that.

There were, like, four or five millers last game.

It's not something to really freak out about this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2011, 10:13:23 pm »

Also, why did you answer this question for NUKE9.13?

NUKE9.13: While I'm not going to argue that lying isn't anti-town, how could Simple saying he's the brother of his previous character at all show he was scum?
I believe the argument was that since the games are so far apart chronologically, Simple's character this time around being the brother to a character from last game would imply somebody too old to be human. It's a bit of a stretch, but I could kinda see it.

Sticking with that reasoning after the mod said "my bad, dude's not actually that old" is pretty aggressive and hinky, though. That said...
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2011, 10:14:40 pm »

Although in this game, scum claiming miller is even easier to claim than a vanilla townie because there are more of them...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:08 pm »

ExtendUnvote.

Don't want to keep someone near lynch based on an RVS vote.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2011, 10:26:47 pm »

Extend. Urist I, I did it because I'm bored and have no idea what to do.
And because I figured it was better to do it now then get possibly inspected and mislynched N1.

But it's time to get really into the game now....

ECrownofFire, you're right (and my opinion's kind of waffling on this), but I don't see the advantage in waiting or trying to look unscummy instead of scumhunting. (It would be really hypocritical of me too because I really hate that).

So, everyone. Do you see any relationships in between characters that could possible help us?
The two actors, Jim and whoeverthehecktheother one was are about the only two I see...

Ottofar, this is a bit of a RVS, but was Halloween like it was now? I don't knwo much history about it, but it seems to me that a witch-paranoid country wouldn't encourage people running around in costumes on a superstitious night, and the sweets thing seems a bit modern to me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »

Why is boredom a good reason to reveal your possible millerhood?

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2011, 10:46:32 pm »

I think mostly it was because I like to hear myself talk. I could see why Nuke acted the way he did, and also see why it looked suspicious, and felt the need to talk about both. I know it was a bit of a scumchum thing to do, but there ya go.

Also, it was a pleasant enough segway into questioning Urist M. But that was really just a side effect of the first bit.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2011, 11:05:11 pm »

Why is boredom a good reason to reveal your possible millerhood?
Read: Second reason.
I don't see the advantage in waiting and trying to look townie instead of scumhunting, or get hammered with an inspect-mislynch D2. I figured I'd get it out of the way when the topic came up.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2011, 11:06:11 pm »

Crap, forgot something. Unvote Think0028 To make sure no accidental doublevotes occur.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2011, 01:50:33 am »

I think mostly it was because I like to hear myself talk. I could see why Nuke acted the way he did, and also see why it looked suspicious, and felt the need to talk about both. I know it was a bit of a scumchum thing to do, but there ya go.

Also, it was a pleasant enough segway into questioning Urist M. But that was really just a side effect of the first bit.

Okay, sweet.

Why did you feel the need to talk about it? If you don't think NUKE9.13 is suspicious for it then it's not really worth talking about.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2011, 01:59:13 am »

Crap, forgot something. Unvote Think0028 To make sure no accidental doublevotes occur.

You're a double voter?

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2011, 02:28:58 am »

Okay, sweet.

Why did you feel the need to talk about it? If you don't think NUKE9.13 is suspicious for it then it's not really worth talking about.
Well, as I said, I do so love to hear myself talk, a personality trait currently enhanced by NaNoWriMo and a bit of enthusiasm at getting back into Mafia.

I did find it suspicious, though, and pointed it out as such; I believe "aggressive and hinky" were the exact descriptors I used. Granted, I didn't vote for NUKE--but then, with some of NUKE's other behavior, like sitting in a corner in chuckling instead of answering a question, it seems a bit like he's being deliberately suspicious, so I think Urist might have a point about him being a Jester.

And, dangit, that sounds like more scumtalk, doesn't it? :[

For what it's worth, though, I'd probably be tossing him under the bus if we were scumchums. That is, in the vernacular, how I roll.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2011, 04:17:38 am »

Oh, screw it.

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 3 -  Think0028, Urist Imiknorris, Urist McArathos
Simple  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 1 -  Simple
Ottofar  - 1 -  Powder Miner
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Time Blossom  - 1 -  Ottofar
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 1 -  Dariush
Dariush  - 1 -  ECrownofFire
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Toaster
-
Not Voting  - 5 -  Jack AT, Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, NUKE9.13, Time Blossom
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 4 -  Time Blossom, Jim Groovester, Jack AT, Powder Miner
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day has been extended to Monday, 9PM GMT.

There are two possible Extensions remaining.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:45 am »

My my. I still got it, eh?

Where 'it' is the ability to almost get lynched D1. Wait, where's Dariush? Dariush, come vote for me. I'm lonely. [/JOKE]

Anyway, on a more serious note;

Why aren't you answering?
Because it is a silly RVS question, which will not help anyone with anything. It is part of my ongoing protest against the futility of the RVS. Although, to be fair, it weren't so bad in this one.

Still not going to answer, though. Its silly, and nothing sensible will be gained from it.

NUKE9.13: While I'm not going to argue that lying isn't anti-town, how could Simple saying he's the brother of his previous character at all show he was scum?
If he was lying, he was trying to make his flavour seem more plausible, by connecting his claims to facts. We see the fact, think 'I remember that that is a fact', and our minds start to consider the whole thing a fact. Using such methods, unnecessary lies, to make us consider his claim more plausible, is only the action of someone who seriously does not want people to question their flavour.
And, yes, if it wasn't lying, he would be very, very old. Supernaturally old. The supernatural are our enemies.

But yeah, seeing as the GM confirmed that his blatant lies were the truth, I can't really say much.

NUKE: Sup Jester?  You're being awfully willing to participate in this RVS stuff you normally hate so much, and being deliberately unhelpful in your answers.  Care to explain yourself?
Tsk, McArathos, I didn't expect this sort of thing from you.
Cheap shots at NUKE9.13, notorious for his early-D1 bullshit? Now, now. What's the rush to get someone lynched? Can't we all get along?

To destroy your pitiful arguments:
-I ain't participating in the RVS. I have mocked someone for trying to make me do so, and otherwise concerned myself only with flavourclaims. I have not gone out of my way to try to convince people not to do it, true. Sue me. I grow tired of my one-man crusade. I am convinced that I can personally keep the RVS short and unobtrusive enough that it doesn't bug me, and that's good enough for me.
-Deliberately unhelpful? Not so- I clearly stated my intent, even whilst not responding to the question itself. I have been quite helpful.
-Ah, I understand the confusion. I am not a jester, I am an actor. Jesters are so last century. [/joke]
On a more serious note, if I was a jester, you wouldn't know it. You would think I was scum who made a tiny slip up, and you would feel so proud as you led me to the gallows. See: Cult Mafia.

I believe the argument was that since the games are so far apart chronologically, Simple's character this time around being the brother to a character from last game would imply somebody too old to be human. It's a bit of a stretch, but I could kinda see it.

Sticking with that reasoning after the mod said "my bad, dude's not actually that old" is pretty aggressive and hinky, though. That said...
My thanks for your help, stranger. To counter your hastily-tacked on back tracking, I give you the following quote:
Ok, fine. You are off the hook, simple. Unvote
Perhaps you missed it?

Okay, sweet.

Well, as I said, I do so love to hear myself talk, a personality trait currently enhanced by NaNoWriMo and a bit of enthusiasm at getting back into Mafia.
Nice. I love hearing people talk (myself included), so I'm sure we will get along fabulously.

I did find it suspicious, though, and pointed it out as such; I believe "aggressive and hinky" were the exact descriptors I used. Granted, I didn't vote for NUKE--but then, with some of NUKE's other behavior, like sitting in a corner in chuckling instead of answering a question, it seems a bit like he's being deliberately suspicious, so I think Urist might have a point about him being a Jester.
Hmm.
:/
Not very good, this. Ok, I can grant you the benefit of the doubt, and pretend this is what you actually think.
For reference: I am not an idiot. I am not a jester. I dislike the RVS, and as such, I dick around with those who champion it. In this case, Imiknorris.
Also, this looks like you are just echoing things you've heard from others. It looks scummy.

And, dangit, that sounds like more scumtalk, doesn't it? :[
Er, right, yes. That. Oh, woe is me- I can't accuse you of looking scummy now, you've said it yourself. Well, have a nice day.
...waaaait.
Don't do this. I am going to give you the benefit again (for the last time), and pretend you really thought this would help people. It doesn't. If something looks like scumtalk, rephrase it so that it doesn't. If it cannot be rephrased in such a manner as to make your meaning clear in a town way, that's probably because you are scum, or what you are trying to say is not true.

For what it's worth, though, I'd probably be tossing him under the bus if we were scumchums. That is, in the vernacular, how I roll.
D:<
Remember when I said that it was the last time you would get the benefit of the doubt? Its just up a few lines, if you forgot.
I lied.
This is the last time. But you had best cut this scummy shit out.
Understand that this alone is not too bad. It's just that stacked on top of everything else, it just enhances the air of someone pretending to be sort of a newish player, scraping and bowing to the veterans, echoing their thoughts so as to buddy up to them, apologizing for his every flaw so that no one actually bothers examining said flaws for the scumminess that lies behind them.

Has everyone flavourclaimed already?
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2011, 09:14:00 am »

Because it is a silly RVS question, which will not help anyone with anything. It is part of my ongoing protest against the futility of the RVS. Although, to be fair, it weren't so bad in this one.

Still not going to answer, though. Its silly, and nothing sensible will be gained from it.
Again: it was a silly RVS question until I realized that your answer would be useful information. That's why I told you to answer it.

Quote from: NUKE9.13
On a more serious note, if I was a jester, you wouldn't know it. You would think I was scum who made a tiny slip up, and you would feel so proud as you led me to the gallows. See: Cult Mafia.
Would you like some iocane powder with your Wine?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18