Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39355 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2011, 04:14:30 pm »

Posten to watchen.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 05:25:12 pm »

ECrownofFire: Do you think bell that stops ringing is good or bad thing ? Also : Why small town would have Latin teachers ?
I think the bells might be triggered by actions taken by people and/or factions. So it'd depend on who triggered them, really. But hell, everybody's just pulling these theories out of their asses right now. I bet we'll get some more information later.

As for the second... flavor does as flavor pleases.

By the way, Dariush, you have yet to answer me.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

Blossom, if you were a cop, and got a guilty result n1, would you claim right away? You wouldn't know if there was any protective roles around.
Mmm... it would depend on the number of people. I'm not sure what my exact cutoff number would be, but for a smaller game I'd most likely report my findings on day two, since I'd rather get the information out than risk getting NK'd by the mafia before I could say anything. For a game this size, I'd probably risk waiting until day three to make it a two-for-one trade. I can't fathom waiting until day four without knowing there was a doctor present, unless it were a larger game than I'd be comfortable playing in.

In any event, I'd report my findings immediately if it looked like I was going to get lynched. Then even if the lynch went through, I'd at least be sure to get one scum on the way out.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2011, 07:35:55 pm »

Jim, why did you ask Urist I about the vagueness and shortness of his flavor, but didn't question Think, even though he posted even less?

I didn't have issue with the length of the flavor. I had issue with the vagueness.

Imiknorris mentioned that there were other things he was doing but didn't mention what they were for some reason.

Heh heh heh.

Why aren't you answering?

Here's one for you, Jim: Say you're scum. What would be more important to you, killing townies or killing third parties?

Third parties.

Town isn't the biggest threat to scum; last game there were two SKs and a lyncher for third parties, while all the town had was a vigilante and a bunch of millers. (Also of note is that the scum didn't have a kill that game.)

If there's a smorgasbord of killing roles in this game like there were in last game, then if the scum want to have any chance of surviving they need to get rid of them and quickly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »

Ottofar:  Just as a heads up- most mods do not take kindly to abusing rules like that.

Also, is it a lingering cough, with occasional blood, accompanied with night sweats and weight loss?  If so, don't get near me.

Jim:  Does the lack of kills N0 concern you, since there were potentially up to three kills N0 last game?

Does anyone's flavor mention any significance of bells?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »

NativeForeigner: Suppose you're a town power role. What role would you rather be?

I've always been fond of the vigilante role.

Fair enough. Unvote. If you were a vigilante, and had someone you strongly suspected was scum but seemed likely to hang the next day anyways, would you kill them?

Toaster: No, because we have nothing as a standard at the moment. The best use for this is to force scum into fixed stories that will cause problems for them down the line, especially if we have a flavor cop like last game. Also, nothing about bells in my flavor.

NUKE9.13: While I'm not going to argue that lying isn't anti-town, how could Simple saying he's the brother of his previous character at all show he was scum?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »

Wow, prodded already?  I thought the day just started this morning.  Anyway, let's get to it.  I'm Adrian Middleton, an obscure (but undeniably talented if I do say so myself) silversmith.  I live in my store; the lower level is a dedicated storefront, the upper level is where I sleep and draw up designs and ideas for ambitious new pieces of silverware, trinkets, and so on. 

McArathos, how many games do you think you'd have to play before I can't immediately laser in on your scum meta? Do you think it will be this game?

Yet another RVS question from Jim that is equal parts ego-stroking and sneaky attempt to get me to admit to being scum.  I'm almost tempted to vote you out of principle at this point.

You're patting yourself on the back for the excellent ability you have to guess my meta, while simultaneously offering a loaded question.  If this is the game I finally manage to obscure my scum meta to you, it means I'm scum.  Otherwise, I can't obscure anything.  Is there a point to this, or do you just think I'm stupid enough as a scum player to fall for it?  (10 bucks says you just answer "Yes" again to my last sentence).

If the bells represent the witches, then why has one stopped ringing? Perhaps it has something to do with third parties?

Anyway, Urist_McArathos, what do YOU think of the bells?

No idea, but I'm very interested.  We have two ringing, one silent.  I doubt it's parties, since the silent one implies absence of a third group; what faction could be nonexistent Day 1, yet emerge Day 2?  I'm completely clueless as to what it could be, so I'm going to wait and see if any of the flavor that unfolds tells us anything we can deduce.  I'll wager we'll find out.

Urist M:  Do you think that no one was able to kill N0 or that no one wanted to kill N0?

Not sure; if I had to guess, I'd say no one could.  The witches had no night kill in the last game, so it's possible that (since this is a sequel) they may not here either, and any third parties might need time or other things to act.  The golem needed captured souls to guide its night actions, for example.

NUKE: Sup Jester?  You're being awfully willing to participate in this RVS stuff you normally hate so much, and being deliberately unhelpful in your answers.  Care to explain yourself?

Ottofar: Haven't played with you before, but seen you around.  Do you think we should spend more time flavor hunting, or traditional scumhunting?

Dariush: Would you prefer to be town, scum, or a third party again in this game?  Why?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

Jack, why did you feel so eager to jump forward to explain about me and Nuke?

Dariush: I was asked to explain, so I did so.  Should I not answer questions?

Unvote.

Blossom: Do you think that those who think they're millers should claim?  If so, when?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2011, 09:31:49 pm »

NUKE9.13: While I'm not going to argue that lying isn't anti-town, how could Simple saying he's the brother of his previous character at all show he was scum?
I believe the argument was that since the games are so far apart chronologically, Simple's character this time around being the brother to a character from last game would imply somebody too old to be human. It's a bit of a stretch, but I could kinda see it.

Sticking with that reasoning after the mod said "my bad, dude's not actually that old" is pretty aggressive and hinky, though. That said...

Urist M: If you think Nuke is a Jester, why vote for him?
I can't fathom waiting until day four without knowing there was a doctor present, unless it were a larger game than I'd be comfortable playing in.
FTFM.
(If I knew there was a doctor, I'd still claim on day three and hope for protection instead of risking NK with no gain. And since the question presuppoes that I don't know about a doctor anyway, it's kind of a moot point.)
Blossom: Do you think that those who think they're millers should claim? If so, when?
Hmm... bearing in mind that I've never played as a Miller personally, I would have to go with no. It seems like a Miller's main responsibility is to keep from being suspicious, even more so than a normal townie. I mean, if they get a cop to investigate them, it's a wasted investigation, a wasted lynch, and they out the cop, assuming a copclaim comes out of it. And if they claim and get believed, then the Mafia knows at least one person who the cop isn't.

I guess if anything, a Miller should try to convince the mafia that they're a different town power role, if they can. Best path for a Miller is to soak up a night-kill that the Mafia might otherwise have targeted somebody useful with.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »

I think the millers should claim, as appearance-concern is scummy, and if they get hit in an invest, there's not really much of a way out.
Also, fine enough, unvote Urist McArathos.

Think0028 How would you react to a D1 miller claim?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 09:41:33 pm »

I'm not positive he's a jester, yet.  I'm pressuring him to explain his behavior.  If he seems like a jester after more questioning, I'll unvote him.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »

I'm not positive he's a jester, yet.  I'm pressuring him to explain his behavior.  If he seems like a jester after more questioning, I'll unvote him.
I see.
I think the millers should claim, as appearance-concern is scummy, and if they get hit in an invest, there's not really much of a way out.
By nature, I think everyone should be concerned with appearances. Except Jesters, but even then it's really just being concerned about appearances in the opposite direction.

Still, I know what you mean. Trying too hard not to look suspicious looks suspicious. I forgot how much this game felt like Clue. Fun times!

Also, speaking of suspicion, Think, if you could kindly answer my question while you're answering PM's?
As a refresher: what is your primary methodology for avoiding suspicion?

And, as a matter of pragmatism, I vote for an Extension.

My reasoning being that looking back at D1 interactions has historically proven a useful tool, and also that I believe I have the most votes at the moment and D1 will be ending while I'm in class tomorrow. So, if the situation doesn't change in the next few hours I'd like to have a change to dissuade any torches and pitchforks pointed in my direction.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

...Bah. Screw it. I know it's probably going to get me killed, but I think I might be a miller-
Apparently my guy has wife problems or the sort, (and he's been very secretive about it, despite generally being honest) and he's worried about the witch hunt because since it takes the worst in people and brings to the fore, he has a nervous feeling about them, thinking he might be marked as a witch early on (Trying not to copy my PM here, so weird paraphrasing going on.)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:25 pm »

...I already regret that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 10:11:15 pm »

And, as a matter of pragmatism, I vote for an Extension.

My reasoning being that looking back at D1 interactions has historically proven a useful tool, and also that I believe I have the most votes at the moment and D1 will be ending while I'm in class tomorrow.
You're tied with NUKE.

...I already regret that.
Which is why you think about things before you do them. Why did you do it?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18