Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress meets The Outer Wilds? "Ultima Ratio Regum", v0.10.1 out Feb 2023  (Read 624278 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultima Ratio Regum - a 'strategy roguelike' (v 0.1.0 finally released)
« Reply #735 on: July 09, 2012, 11:47:18 am »

After an epic battle with a wolf, I was beset upon by his friends. They broke my legs and tore me apart before I just let them do their wolfy thing.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 09, 2012, 11:48:18 am »

Tried to reproduce the load map problem, but this time it worked, it loaded the map and didn't crashed when i pressed enter (apparently i am followed by a dragon that i breaking and sending trees flying while doing so, while i was alone when it crashed first)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 09, 2012, 11:48:26 am »

I never got it working on Wine, that was under Windows XP.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:22 am »

pressed the "2" key on my french keyboard :

and got the game crashing with that log :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 60806, in <module>
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 53601, in place_menu
NameError: global name 'quit' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 60806, in <module>
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 53595, in place_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 41570, in options_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 53578, in place_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 53781, in gender_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 54167, in stats_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 58873, in skills_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 58947, in sure_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 59011, in name_menu1
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 59250, in name_menu2
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 60624, in world_menu
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 53133, in play_game
  File "alphatime.pyw", line 46922, in handle_keys
ValueError: chr() arg not in range(256)

Apparently it can be reproduced everytime

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 09, 2012, 11:54:59 am »

Ohh, the dragon is ripping down trees trying to get to me? Is that what's going down? That makes sense. And is pretty darn cool, too.

Anyway, after wandering about in circles preparing to exact my justice on the dragon for the rampant deforestation, I blundered into him and started stabbing away at his left leg. At the moment, I've slightly injured it and he's beaten the hell out of me.

1) Is it possible to access the guidebook during play? Because dang I do not remember any buttons, particularly how to get to any kind of save&quit screen.

2) The combat log mentions that the dragon is damaging my armor, but I do not see this information reflected in my Inventory when I examine the armor- they are all listed as being in excellent condition. They have varying quality levels, but I didn't check what their quality was before the fight to determine whether it's a case of crossed wires/misunderstanding.

3) Uh, speaking of I wish I had the guidebook, how do I go about determining how almost-dead I am?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 09, 2012, 11:56:36 am »

Okay Dled trying it our now1
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ultima Ratio Regum

• Bay Watcher
  • Game Studies Lecturer, "Ultima Ratio Regum" person
    • View Profile
    • Ultima Ratio Regum
« Reply #741 on: July 09, 2012, 11:58:35 am »

Lots of questions, no time to fart around with quoting:

@ Labs, excellent!

@ Robsoie, interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

@ Draxis, ah, right. I'm trying to get a Linux-specific one going at the moment, but it's proving tricky. I am enlisting help...

@ Robsoie, ah, that's a tough one. Hmm. I'll have to think about a solution!

@ monk, thanks, and 1) yep, '?'; 2) interesting, will look into, 3) use 'L' to look, then look at yourself!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

I was fighting a cyclops, and this error occurred  See Logfile C:/(where it is located)/URR v10.exe.log
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ultima Ratio Regum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ultima Ratio Regum
« Reply #743 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:09 pm »

I was fighting a cyclops, and this error occurred  See Logfile C:/(where it is located)/URR v10.exe.log

Can you email me the logfile, or copy it in here?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 09, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

Oooh, I crashed it but this time I don't know what I did (and didn't get an errorlog.)

After the dragon ripped my arm off, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and tried running away. Fortunately, I'd messed up its legs pretty good, so we limped away at about the same rate, but it had to knock over trees to follow (which was fun to watch.) I ran south into a new chunk, and after it loaded I kept running because, y'know, dragon. A few steps later I ran face first into a wolf, which further mauled my left foot. I took a couple shambling steps to the right and then the game crashed with the generic Windows "URR has stopped working" message.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 09, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

Is there any particular reason why Look and Inventory are mapped to capital letters? I want to do those things pretty frequently, and it's sort of annoying to push shift every time.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:14 pm »

Its enjoyable, a lot of work has obviously gone into this, I crashed again when fleeing from a dragon, I entered a new map area, and bam it crashed no message or anything

Ultima Ratio Regum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ultima Ratio Regum
« Reply #747 on: July 09, 2012, 12:16:32 pm »

Oooh, I crashed it but this time I don't know what I did (and didn't get an errorlog.)

After the dragon ripped my arm off, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and tried running away. Fortunately, I'd messed up its legs pretty good, so we limped away at about the same rate, but it had to knock over trees to follow (which was fun to watch.) I ran south into a new chunk, and after it loaded I kept running because, y'know, dragon. A few steps later I ran face first into a wolf, which further mauled my left foot. I took a couple shambling steps to the right and then the game crashed with the generic Windows "URR has stopped working" message.

Arrghhh. This is the error that's only just popped up today. I'm working on fixing it properly now...

Is there any particular reason why Look and Inventory are mapped to capital letters? I want to do those things pretty frequently, and it's sort of annoying to push shift every time.

Not really; I quite like shift+L for look, but are you finding that awkward? I could definitely change I to i for inventory without a moment's thought

Its enjoyable, a lot of work has obviously gone into this, I crashed again when fleeing from a dragon, I entered a new map area, and bam it crashed no message or anything

Gaaah, again, this new bug. I have got to hunt this down properly and deal with it. It crashed from the movement, as far as you could tell?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »

Downloading now! 'Tis half past 3AM, but damnit I'm gonna try this out before I sleep! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 09, 2012, 12:23:08 pm »

@ Robsoie, ah, that's a tough one. Hmm. I'll have to think about a solution!
could it be because that key can actually display by default an accented character ( é ) in AZERTY keyboard that is not present for that key press for both QWERTY and DVORAK ?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 222