Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: General Sims Series Discussion  (Read 12921 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: General Sims Series Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2011, 09:01:26 am »

Just remembered something fun to do in Generations EP, I think. You can craft ultra-sleep potions with the Laboratory Set and Logic skill. Those make you sleep really fast, like, getting full energy in just three hours. This + Hover Bed = Profit.
It's great because sleep is simply too boring. With this, it really minimizes your sim's downtime.

Also, what is Tiberium? Will I find it at any of the locations? I know the nectar stuff is found in France.

It's a Command & Conquer reference. An alien crystal, slowly consuming the planet. Of course, not nearly as dangerous as there. (Though keeping it for too long in your inventory can kill a sim!)
You can get it by smashing meteor rocks (Kung Fu), the relic merchant, digging with a miner (Ambitions EP) and probably more. Don't sell it if you find it. Get it home and leave it on the grass. After a while, it'll turn into a gigantic Tiberium spire. Now that's what you sell.

More info: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium

How do you do that?  Do you have to adjust a certain setting?

Nah, just bulldoze the neighborhood. (Or alternatively, get a pre-cleaned one sine those retain the unique fish and seeds.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:28 am »

One of the largest problems with the Sims is often the more expansions you collect the closer the gameplay becomes superfluous.

Also does anyone other then me wish they would fix up the Sims inventory in The Sims 3? It is WAAAAY to full.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 09:09:51 am »

Also, Tiberium spreads, if it's given enough time. You can practically make a simoleon farm with that. Just make sure that it isn't put on a pedestal, as it won't spread if it's put on a pedestal.

EDIT: Although several threads over there seem to disprove the Tiberium Spread 'Myth'. I recall having been able to make it spread, but I migt have used some mods at that time.

Kinda forgot...

EDIT 2: Or they patched it out, maybe? I absolutely recall Tiberium being able to spread. I even made some lots with a mound of dirt, surrounded by those teeny crystals, pretending they were meteorites.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:17:35 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 09:12:19 am »

Also, Tiberium spreads, if it's given enough time. You can practically make a simoleon farm with that. Just make sure that it isn't put on a pedestal, as it won't spread if it's put on a pedestal.

But that would... Break the economy...

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2011, 09:16:44 am »

EDIT: Although several threads over there seem to disprove the Tiberium Spread 'Myth'. I recall having been able to make it spread, but I migt have used some mods at that time.

Kinda forgot...

Only a myth, unfortunately ...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2011, 09:19:49 am »

Kinda forgot...

Only a myth, unfortunately ...

To my knowledge Tiberium also can't kill you...

It only makes your Sim sick.

I admit I kinda miss Sims being sick. SURE it was a pain but I actually liked that extra detail. Sickness is either REALLY rare in The Sims 3 or non-existant.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 09:21:18 am »

Yeah, and it adds a negative moodlet (-25).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2011, 09:23:34 am »

Yeah, and it adds a negative moodlet (-25).

That would be the "Sickness" I refered to.

Can't kill you as far as I am aware... and I have had sims hold it in their pocket for a long time.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2011, 09:29:09 am »

Nah, it definitively killed. Guess it was nerfed out later. I tried that with an unpatched WA, after all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 09:31:11 am »

Nah, it definitively killed. Guess it was nerfed out later. I tried that with an unpatched WA, after all.

But there is no "Tiberium" ghost nor a sickness ghost.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:01 am »

Must have died of hunger after vomiting too much, as I've never had a sim die from it either.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 09:33:52 am »

I've never gotten the hang of ghosts in Sims 3, anyone wanna tell me how they work and how they interact with still living residents?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2011, 09:35:04 am »

I've never gotten the hang of ghosts in Sims 3, anyone wanna tell me how they work and how they interact with still living residents?

Depends what you mean. Do you mean Living Ghosts or dead ghosts?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2011, 09:35:51 am »

...there are living ghosts? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:04 am »

They don't die, as they are dead, but if I recall correctly, their needs still decrease. They also can't phase through walls. They can make ghost babies though, with a 50% chance if I remember correctly. Overall, they're just sims with special visual effects that are identical to the graveyard's inhabitants.

Oh, and controlled ghosts will have their graves in their inventories. Clicking on it allows the ghost to rest in peace.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:38:35 am by New Guy »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8