Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: General Sims Series Discussion  (Read 12885 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
General Sims Series Discussion
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:51 am »

Discuss all your Sim and Llama related games, from SimCity, Sims Medieval ( a pretty good game in my opinion ) and the allmighty Sims 3 ( which I have just reinstalled and have been playing for the past 30 minutes ).

Since this game ( Sims 3 anyway ) is all about building the life of your Sim(s), share as many stories as humanly possible.  Here's mine, for starters

Made a villainous ( literally, the villain trait ) dashing, charismatic, suit-wearing handsome devil, forgot the name, but I intended to make him a villain.  I made a house, and since I'm not very creative, it was kinda shabby, very small.  I quickly became a criminal, and rose through the ranks.

But the extremely fun part of this run was my guy's relationship with Vita Alto, whom you can find in the Sims wiki.  Vita Alto was a married woman, very rich, very evil, like my character, so they hit it off well.  Eventually, my guy managed to get romantic with her, which was unusual at the time, until that point, I didn't know Sims were capable of infidelity.

What shocked me even more was to learn that Vita became pregnant.  When the kid was born, I did my best, but I honestly didn't expect to have a kid, let alone a bastard child.  I had a blast trying to teach the kid, but I ended that run due to boredom, before anything else could happen.

And stories you wanna share?   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: General Sims Series Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:29 am »

Heheh... where to start...

I once created a set of three brothers. I forget their names, as they really weren't important. No, the important part was how they were killed died.

The first was locked in a room with a cheap stove and plenty of flammable bits, he eventually got roasted.
The second was easy, I simply had him swim in a pool with no exits.
The third was difficult...First I made him piss himself so the floor was wet. Then I had him tinker with all manner of electronics, to the point where electrocution was inevitable.

With the three men dead, I brought in a generic chick to the house, who I proceeded to use to befriend the ghosts of fire, water, and lightning. As their relationships grew, I was given the option to bring each "back" in turn, and they became permanent, if not corporeal, residents once more. I was then able to impregnate this women with all three ghosts, so that she gave birth to three bouncing baby boys. Being born ghosts, I believe they counted as miscarriages or something, but that didn't matter. Melchior, Gaspar, and Balthazar were born. I guess. I honestly got bored and deleted it before they had a chance to grow up, so I've no idea how they would have turned out.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:32 am »

Wow...that's some nice Sims 3 !!Science!! or something.

How on Earth did she get knocked up by three separate ghosts? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:15 am »

It took a while.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:51 am »

Ok, I just HAVE to reinstall these games now!
Too bad I don't have the latest few expansions.. Night Time (Or whatever its name) Generations.. And .. Pets.. (Unless it's not out yet.)
*sigh*

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:28 am »

Pets isn't technically out yet, but the rest can come free and instant with the help of the internet.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 10:02:19 am »

Pets isn't technically out yet, but the rest can come free and instant with the help of the internet.

I hope you are not suggesting what I think you do..?
Besides, I live in Greenland, Internet is too expensive for downloads of several Gigs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:14:02 am by Ultimuh »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:13:01 am »

Fund it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:20:20 am by Cecilff2 »
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:16:32 am »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:06:19 am »

I played a lot of Sims 2 but decided Sims 3 wasn't worth glancing at until it had pets. So I just found out a few days ago that the pet expansion is finally coming, at which point I'll finally consider the game complete and worth spending $60 for.

Except there's no way to actually purchase the complete game (all expansions + stuff packs) for $60, is there?

Unless there is, I guess I can't give them any money. Sigh.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

I once tried to make a family that was just a child. The family name was PKfire and the child's name was Ness.

I went to great lenghts to make him look perfect, with his baseball cap and his striped shirt and all. When I hit play it said "No no no, that is no family, families have an adult!" so I scrapped that noise and played someone else, but I didn't delete the PKfire family.

I laughed my ass off when Ness walked by.

Later I played an evil guy. I tried to do the similar "romance a married women" with the added line of "try and kill her husband". I never got it to work. Instead, I tried to burn down one of the big houses by getting invited to a house party and leaving the stove on, but they kicked me out before it got exciting. Dejected, I uninstalled.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »

Is there a Sims 3 DLable version without the moronic DRM?   I might finally bite on it if so...

I haven't played 2 in a while - the last thing I remember doing was an Asylum Challenge - basically a full house of sims with one bathroom, mandatory kitchen, 1 or 2 less beds than sims and they have to be cheap beds, and you can only ever control "your" sim never the other inmates.  And you get points for how many survive, how long it takes you to work your way out, etc.

Ahh rules here: http://simscout.blogsome.com/mini-challenge-asylum/

There were acouple fires, but I didn't have anybody burn to death, but Gogo Yubari died after a couple big fights with General Ulysses S Grant, and I think her ghost frightened one other sim to death.  Damn that actually makes me want to fire it up again....

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 03:55:03 pm »

Is there a Sims 3 DLable version without the moronic DRM?   I might finally bite on it if so...

Try the AwesomeMod, it cuts the DRM checks as well as disabling many of EA's "phoning home". I think it's the biggest Sims 3 mod around, actually.
Plus it greatly improves the game, which is a boon in any case.

It's also great as you don't need to handle any messy cracks. This is a mod, so you can safely update the game and all and it still retains its "no-cd" quality.

EDIT: 'ere is a short "feature list": http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:00:05 pm by FunctionZero »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »

I boot up the sims 3 from time to time and usually then play it for a while until I get bored (frankly how it works with most other games I play).
I once made a Billy Mays character (It actually looked like him too) who commenced to have babies with about all females in the whole town. He's long dead now, although half the town now has the last name Mays.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8