Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138302 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 6
« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:57 pm »

I've got an idea.
I can't think of anything better, and you're last on my list of suspicions, so I guess I approve. Nolynch.

Also, I'm rather reluctant to buy into WIFOM, even my own, but I find it hard to imagine an action-immune role with a kill somehow. Logically I don't see why it'd be impossible, but it just... doesn't fit.

I'll look into your argument with Jack once he too responds to my question.

Here's my proposed course of action: we lynch Irony, if he flips town, we lynch Toaster. Otherwise, we lynch Toaster, if he flips town, we lynch Irony. Sounds good?
So... you're going to look into our argument to sort it out later, but you've already decided I'm scum and he's not? Why say you'll look into it at all then?

obvtowniest player possible
In what way? Assuming competence or cohesion from the scumteam is unwise, and you'd need a damned good reason beyond "it's powerful" to assume scum couldn't possibly have a given ability. What's more, we've been over this before and you haven't said anything then. Why's it suddenly important to you now?

1) A guy who admitted to killing the obvtowniest player possible, and whose claim of being a vig goes quite counter to the observed amount of kills every night, must be town.
As opposed to killing a player because they were going to mindrape everyone else into tunneling you?

Also, you think Toaster's scum because there aren't enough kills, but you still think I'm scum. How does that work?

didn't sting anyone once there has been one scum remaining (which may very well mean he had to choose between stinging and killing),
Blatant WIFOM, made worse by the fact that there was only one kill last night.

has been doing ridiculous amounts of tunnelling (asking someone why they think their opponent is town? Really?) for the whole game and generally spent the game tangled in a stupid argument with Jack must be town.
"Opponent" is a rather generous term here, as he was defending said "opponent's" plan at the time and attacking his attacker. Also, what makes Jack town, despite being in the same argument?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »

So... you're going to look into our argument to sort it out later, but you've already decided I'm scum and he's not? Why say you'll look into it at all then?
Unlike you, I'm able to change my mind and not tunnel the fuck out of my target for three days straight.
obvtowniest player possible
In what way? Assuming competence or cohesion from the scumteam is unwise, and you'd need a damned good reason beyond "it's powerful" to assume scum couldn't possibly have a given ability. What's more, we've been over this before and you haven't said anything then. Why's it suddenly important to you now?
I'll repeat this one last time, in large and bolded letters, specifically for the feeble-minded.
Having scum with a LYLO-breaking power is fucking broken.
There's no other arguments and no other reasons for me to consider MBP town.
1) A guy who admitted to killing the obvtowniest player possible, and whose claim of being a vig goes quite counter to the observed amount of kills every night, must be town.
As opposed to killing a player because they were going to mindrape everyone else into tunneling you?
Uh, what? Who are you talking about?
Also, you think Toaster's scum because there aren't enough kills, but you still think I'm scum. How does that work?
...I'm starting to see Jack's point about you twisting words. I said that one of you is scum, not both.
didn't sting anyone once there has been one scum remaining (which may very well mean he had to choose between stinging and killing),
Yes, there was one kill last night and you didn't sting anyone. It may be a coincidence, or it may be not.
has been doing ridiculous amounts of tunnelling (asking someone why they think their opponent is town? Really?) for the whole game and generally spent the game tangled in a stupid argument with Jack must be town.
"Opponent" is a rather generous term here, as he was defending said "opponent's" plan at the time and attacking his attacker. Also, what makes Jack town, despite being in the same argument?
Jack didn't sting the obvtowniest player possible, he wasn't asking 'how could you possibly think Irony is not scum?!', et cetera, et cetera.

Since the day ends in several hours and I probably won't be able to post again before the night, Irony to prevent potential ties.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2011, 12:46:34 pm »

Having scum with a LYLO-breaking power is fucking broken.
I disagree, especially in a game where every other role is vote-related. Do you have any solid evidence to back this assertion up, or is it just an assumption based on what "makes sense?"

Uh, what? Who are you talking about?
MBP's justification for killing Leafsnail, of course:

I was convinced he used his charisma to tunnel me to death, believe me or not, and put your vote. Not hard.

...I'm starting to see Jack's point about you twisting words. I said that one of you is scum, not both.
But if there's any chance of me being scum, your argument against Toaster is just WIFOM, because you admit there's more than one viable explanation for the kill count. That makes it baseless speculation, and thus a bad idea.

Yes, there was one kill last night and you didn't sting anyone. It may be a coincidence, or it may be not.
Then it's pure WIFOM and a bad argument.

Jack didn't sting the obvtowniest player possible, he wasn't asking 'how could you possibly think Irony is not scum?!', et cetera, et cetera.
So, process of elimination. That doesn't seem unreliable to you?

Since the day ends in several hours and I probably won't be able to post again before the night, Irony to prevent potential ties.
Really? What happened to hearing Jack's response and possibly changing your mind?

But no, it's probably better to just hop on the bandwagon and then vanish for the rest of the day. You can work on trying to lynch Toaster with WIFOM tomorrow.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2011, 01:22:18 pm »

Dariush, I have no idea why I thought you were town.

No Lynch, I suppose, though it's up to Jack at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2011, 01:27:21 pm »

The Counting Stones
IronyOwl: Dariush, Jack AT, Jim Groovester
No Lynch: IronyOwl, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »

Are you going to kill anyone tonight, Toaster?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2011, 02:06:11 pm »

So it turns out that I do get individual notice for each action. Unvote, no lynch it is.

Here's my proposed course of action: we lynch Irony, if he flips town, we lynch Toaster. Otherwise, we lynch Toaster, if he flips town, we lynch Irony. Sounds good?

Right, because confirming two people to not be scum by tomorrow is not a good course of action.

Jim:  How does you being untargetable make you impossible scum?  All that would prevent is a kill, inspect, redirect, and vote loss- hardly a huge loss for one of four.

It doesn't. The point of it was to try and convince everybody that I would be a good person to assume was town even though my plan takes no measures to deal with me if I'm scum.

I've hunted, lynched scum, and all the usual stuff, blah blah blah, also my role would be really broken. It's WIFOM, so take it or leave it.

Are you going to kill anyone tonight, Toaster?

Vote for a no-lynch, you jackass, unless you want to be the deadest person there ever was tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2011, 03:10:04 pm »

Dariush:  Per Jim's plan, I'm going to target him for verification.  If he's lying, he'll be dead for it, so it works for me.  I probably wouldn't kill anyone at 4p going into the night anyway, since if I missed scum it'd be game over.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

Thinking it over, if Jack A T is scum, then if we lynch IronyOwl today, it's going to be impossible for the town to win. Jack A T will just kill Toaster, use his votes tomorrow to lynch Dariush, and then he wins by vote parity.

So basically if we lose it's because Dariush was a shortsighted asshole, so thanks for that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 17, 2011, 08:09:40 pm »

The Counting Stones
IronyOwl: Dariush, Jack AT
No Lynch: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Toaster

The stones sit before you. Three of them sit in the middle, and but two before IronyOwl. He sighs with relief. "Well, looks like that's that. Shall we prepare for the Spirit walk?"

"I don't think so." Says Jack. Startled, you all look over at him. "I think that IronyOwl is still unfit to be Chief. I have laid out my reasons, many of them. Is that breath to be wasted?"

"Yeah!" Chimes in Dariush. "We're here to figure out who's chief. Not sit around jabbing and doing nothing. Do your duty to the Tribe! Irony, you've been called out as unfit and no one has said otherwise. Remove yourself from the Spirit Hall!"

Irony seems torn, looking at the piles of stones and then at his two accusers. "But...the stones.." he trails off. With his head hung low he gets up and walks towards the door. "Fine. But don't think I'll forget this. Whichever one of you becomes Chief, just remember that the Scorpion is unkind to those who mistreat it! And I have friends who will side with me. You've won this, but don't think we've been silenced!". With a glare at all of you he storms out of the hall.

Sighing in relief, you begin your preparations for the Spirit Walk. Perhaps now things will be smoother.

The spirit walk has started. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 6
« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2011, 12:26:57 am »

The Spirit Walk passes quietly, each of you contemplating the duties and responsibilities of being Chief. And, perhaps, some of the perks as well. But it finally ends and the four of you awaken to continue the Moot.

Your trials are not yet over.

The Vote Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 5
« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2011, 12:40:15 am »

So why isn't the game over yet?

So, Toaster, you say you're not a Serial Killer, huh? Maybe you'd like to offer some explanation for why the game isn't over.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 5
« Reply #672 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:05 am »

Meph, it's 7th day, not 5th.

Toaster, what is your favourite color?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 7
« Reply #673 on: November 18, 2011, 12:42:06 pm »

DariushGreen.

Jim:  Since I know I'm no SK, I take it one of you is some sort of hostile third party, and I'm leaning you.  Why?  You've been hunting plenty well, but you knew the whole time you had your shield.  With that, you could hunt as you usually do without fear of being killed off.  All you had to do is avoid a lynch and do whatever it is you needed to do, and you've got it.  I'm guessing that you benefit somehow from being targeted, given that you were trying to get people to target you.  Given that you are completely untargetable (not just non-kill actions,) your amped power level (especially compared to the other known powers) points to a third party role.

I don't see any other explanation making sense.  It must be you.  Good try, though.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 7
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2011, 01:24:01 pm »

Lolwat? A hostile third party that prevents town from winning that is not a SK? Oh you gotta be kidding me.

BTW, Jim, what happened during the night?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48