Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138431 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 4
« Reply #540 on: November 01, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »

Hmm, sorry about that, Jim.

I honestly did not remember about his vote 'not counting' when I declared my desire for a tie.

Well, I guess that makes it all better.

When Simple revealed that you were a killer, he put two and two together and got SK. But there were still scum around, straight up claiming would have assured his death. The sensible course of action would be to advocate lynching you, much like what he did.

So he got a third party result on Toaster, thought Toaster might be an SK, and then didn't think this might be a good thing to bring up during the day especially since the votes were neck and neck the whole way through?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 01, 2011, 03:40:06 pm »

So he got a third party result on Toaster, thought Toaster might be an SK, and then didn't think this might be a good thing to bring up during the day especially since the votes were neck and neck the whole way through?
Evidently not.
During the day, he could hope the vote would swing Toaster's way without him having to out himself.
Towards the end, the votes were against Toaster, so he had no need to claim.
One can only presume he was busy, and missed the sudden shift from lynching Toaster to lynching Simple.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:59 pm »

I find toaster claim a bit iffy, but simple flip does assuage some fears. Still reading a bit, will post a more etayed post tommotrow

Also note, my vote as no value today, i got stung or bitten or soemthing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 02, 2011, 01:50:51 am »

In my opinion, Max mostly sounded confused and unaware.  He seemed more like he was trying to push people away from Simple than he was trying to push people towards Toaster.  I'm guessing he didn't get a mafia or third party result on Toaster.

Toaster: Does this match the flavour given for your lost vote?

Tired right now.  Will post more, and vote, tomorrow.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:25 am »

Jack:
Toaster: Does this match the flavour given for your lost vote?

Yes.

Still want to hear from Irony (and Native and Dariush.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 02, 2011, 12:06:46 pm »

Extend unless you're all cool standing by while me and Dariush lynch NUKE9.13.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »

Extend

I am not cool with that.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 02, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

The Counting Stones
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Jim Groovester
Toaster: NUKE9.13

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday

There are 2 votes to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Friday. 3 Votes are needed to Extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:19 pm »

Extend.

I need to actually do something before the day ends.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 02, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »

Native.  Little motivation for you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »

Motivation can't overcome RL.

Real busy lately.

But I do have a question:

Toaster: Did you use your kill last night? If not, why not?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 02, 2011, 11:24:35 pm »

I do not like how IronyOwl has disappeared completely from this game, while still being quite active elsewhere.  That, plus the word twisting, utterly nonsensical argument about how me arguing about something shows an insight into the subject that town can't possibly have, and outright claim to have avoided voting for me or FoSing me just to avoid an accusation of OMGUSing (I still can't believe he said that) put him on the top of my list.

Meph: Prod IronyOwl, please.

Toaster: You've spent most of the day active, but didn't vote for ages.  Who do you think is scum?  Do you think Native is scum, or are you just voting him to get him to talk?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2011, 04:19:38 am »

Preemptive extend. Day's moving too fast.

Jim:
Anyways, IronyOwl, why the last minute jump-off of Toaster?
I was severely pissed, and since I couldn't have Toaster anyway, wanted to make absolutely clear that he should have been dead already.

Toaster:
Nuke:  Actually, I killed Max, because I saw him as following a scumbuddy and pissing around instead of hunting for scum.  I can't speak for the lack of another kill.
What was it about Max and Powder that made them acceptable targets, when no one at all fit the bill in between?

Irony:  What's your view on MBP now that Simple flipped scum?
After careful consideration, I still think he's scum.

No, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to bus Simple like that. But even aside from the WIFOM, it's not like this would be his first inexplicably stupid action, and he's done absolutely nothing to convince me otherwise.

On that note, I'd like to hear, in detail, how you could possibly think he's town. "My gut" is a valid excuse to a point, but we're talking about someone who's genuine excuse for instaending the day was "Leafsnail was going to mindrape you all into lynching me," who's only suspicion I can recall has been a halfassed OMGUS, and who did literally nothing D4 except cast a reasonless vote.

Jack:
I do not like how IronyOwl has disappeared completely from this game, while still being quite active elsewhere.  That, plus the word twisting, utterly nonsensical argument about how me arguing about something shows an insight into the subject that town can't possibly have, and outright claim to have avoided voting for me or FoSing me just to avoid an accusation of OMGUSing (I still can't believe he said that) put him on the top of my list.
I destroyed all that here.

You ignored it.

You're scum.

Except for the lurking thing, which is because I keep hoping to get around to a far more thorough reread, but can't quite manage it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 03, 2011, 08:18:56 am »

Native:
Toaster: Did you use your kill last night? If not, why not?

Nuke:  Actually, I killed Max...

Are you a survivor?  I'm thinking you are, since you're not even reading the thread.  Sorry if you're busy, but I think this has gone beyond just that.

Jack:  The three people I wanted to hear from most (Irony, Native, and Dariush) hadn't answered my questions when that vote occurred.  Native is the only one that had posted at all at that point, and that was with a "more later" answer.  Since he's yet to do much of anything all game, he got the pressure vote.  As stated above, I'm now seeing an ulterior motive.

From my late D4 scumlist, Irony is the only survivor.  It was only a gut read at that point, which I'm trying to clarify now.  Native, Dariush, and MBP need to talk more (though see below regarding MBP.)

Irony
Toaster:
Nuke:  Actually, I killed Max, because I saw him as following a scumbuddy and pissing around instead of hunting for scum.  I can't speak for the lack of another kill.
What was it about Max and Powder that made them acceptable targets, when no one at all fit the bill in between?

I've explained this.  I was pretty damn sure Powder was scum based on his actions.  N2 I got caught up on the MBP deal and ended up with a "idiot town" read on him.  N3 I was strongly considering shooting Simple, but wasn't sure and didn't want to lead to LYLO on a misfire.  N4 we had some breathing room, so I shot my top scumpick Max, due to his rampant inactivity and passive play, which is scummy in its own right and completely out of character for him.

Irony:  What's your view on MBP now that Simple flipped scum?
After careful consideration, I still think he's scum.

No, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to bus Simple like that. But even aside from the WIFOM, it's not like this would be his first inexplicably stupid action, and he's done absolutely nothing to convince me otherwise.

On that note, I'd like to hear, in detail, how you could possibly think he's town. "My gut" is a valid excuse to a point, but we're talking about someone who's genuine excuse for instaending the day was "Leafsnail was going to mindrape you all into lynching me," who's only suspicion I can recall has been a halfassed OMGUS, and who did literally nothing D4 except cast a reasonless vote.

I've explained this as well.  One, I don't think Meph would give a strong LYLO breaker as that to scum.  Two, firing it off at day start like that was something he was lucky to be on a the right time to have done- therefore, it couldn't have been coordinated from the start.  It was the move of an individual, not a team.  Three, if he was going to vote Simple with such a bad/nonreason, he easily could have voted me with the same.  Four, gut and you'll just have to deal with it.

You know, I'm suddenly reminded of BYOR 5.5 and just how wrong I was over it.  Hmm.  Clearly the power level here is lower than that game, though.

To clarify, your scumpicks are MBP, Jack, and myself, correct?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 03, 2011, 01:01:35 pm »

I'm not a survivor, I just miss things when I don't have the time to properly look over them.

I'm curious as to why scum has stopped killing at night after N2, has anyone had any theories? The only thing I can think of, since there was only actually one night with two kills, is that someone had a one shot NK and Toaster is scum taking advantage of the duo kill by masquerading as a vig. However, that seems a little far-fetched...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48