Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138427 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4
« Reply #525 on: October 28, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »

Blugh. Going through everything and putting everything together are two different things.

I'm at a toss-up between Simple and Max, give me a minute to do a little more reviewing.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 28, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »

I hate to do this, but Simple based off of Toaster's case. I've got nothing original to add and I hate that.

Simple: Why is it so hard for you to believe that Toaster is a vig? What do you think of him claiming to have held fire the past two nights?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 28, 2011, 06:22:50 pm »

I hate to do this, but Simple based off of Toaster's case. I've got nothing original to add and I hate that.
That's great and all, but the day ends in half an hour and you just tied the vote.

Simple: Why is it so hard for you to believe that Toaster is a vig? What do you think of him claiming to have held fire the past two nights?
That doesn't seem like an unusual coincidence to you?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 28, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Simple. untied it is

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 28, 2011, 06:49:48 pm »

Just would like to remind you, i warned that i would not be there until today( midterms are a bitch) but now i am. Since night is Soon to arrive, i'll use the night to do some required reading. Already did a qucik check, and toasty claim of vig would be somewhat sensible. Sk is also possible, but then there is a night where he would not have been blocked and yet not kill anyone, which i find is quite unlikely.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 28, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »

Great. Awesome. Our resident lurking obvscum showed up to save his partner with a caseless vote. Nice to know he's paying enough attention to bail out his scumbuddy, but not enough to deliver more than four words on all of Day 4, delivered conveniently at the very end.

Unvote, MBP just on matter of fucking principle.

Just would like to remind you, i warned that i would not be there until today( midterms are a bitch) but now i am. Since night is Soon to arrive, i'll use the night to do some required reading. Already did a qucik check, and toasty claim of vig would be somewhat sensible. Sk is also possible, but then there is a night where he would not have been blocked and yet not kill anyone, which i find is quite unlikely.
No there isn't.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 28, 2011, 07:11:47 pm »

The Counting Stones
Mysteriousbluepuppet: IronyOwl
Simple: Dariush, Darvi, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Toaster
Toaster: Max White, NUKE9.13, Simple

The stones clatter and scrape as you argue and votes are shifted. But, at long last, it is decided that Simple shall be cast from Hall.

Standing up, he glowers at all of you. "Bah. Well, fine, I guess I won't be chief. But don't think I'll forget about this. a Raven isn't keen to forget slights!"

As he leaves the tent he looks back with a wicked grin. "Oh, and be prepared for some surprises. We've got a few nasty ones in store for you!" He pins the hide flap open as he walks out.

You shiver as a cold breeze whips around the tent before an attendant closes the flap.

Spirit Walk has started. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 4
« Reply #532 on: October 31, 2011, 11:04:34 pm »

It seems that Max White was too weak for the continued journeys into the Spirit Realm. The attendants carry him out as you shake yourselves awake.

Soon, as it has happened in the past, the voice of the spirit realm echoes in your minds.

“The inquisitive Mongoose, fearless in the face of danger. What secrets did it know? What knowledge is lost from the Hall? You cannot know until it is too late, now..”

The echo fades. Eight candidates left. Time to vote again.

Sorry about the delay, folks. I'm on travel to Chicago for business and it's messed up my schedule. So, things might be a bit more off than usual for the next week or two.

In any case, the Vote Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 31, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »

*Tear rolls down cheek*
I'll miss you mongoose! You were my bestest friend!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

Huh, so the roles are listed in the OP. I didn't notice that.

Anyways, IronyOwl, why the last minute jump-off of Toaster?

NUKE9.13,

As mentioned, Toaster is technically in the lead for votes because his vote doesn't count. Yes, sure, of course you're interested in a tie, because of all of everything you're doing about it.

Why did you claim you wanted a tie and then went and did nothing about it, even though Toaster stated on several occasions that his vote didn't count?

And why were you so completely passive yesterday? You cast your vote on Toaster, under the guise of wanting to hear out everything. After everything got heard, you claimed you couldn't read him (like you couldn't read Simple, oh sure oh sure) and did nothing. Except leave your vote on Toaster. To make a tie that you weren't actually making.

I've got a feeling... NUKE9.13.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 01, 2011, 01:30:48 am »

Bah. Well at least this time it was entirely my fault, sorry for that. Also: Go scum! :P

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:59 am »

Hmm, sorry about that, Jim.

I honestly did not remember about his vote 'not counting' when I declared my desire for a tie.

Now, yesterday was odd. We were all right. Because evidently both Toaster and Simple were scum. Toaster, in this case, being a SK or something.

See: Max White and his curious certainty that Toaster should be lynched. Max White the cop.

Too bad, Toaster. I appreciate you trying to hold up the bluff by not killing anyone*, but you lose. Nice try, hard luck.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:11 am »

So, you blindly follow the belief that the flipped cop could not be wrong (even though he didn't claim inspection). One more nail into your coffin, Nuke.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 01, 2011, 08:19:32 am »

Nuke:  Actually, I killed Max, because I saw him as following a scumbuddy and pissing around instead of hunting for scum.  I can't speak for the lack of another kill.

In any case, your argument is interesting, but has a critical flaw:

Well there are still ten of us alive, and I'm going to assume three scum, because well, three scum seems pretty standard.
How would a death have bought us to lylo?

This is Max's first D4 post.  His next two are much the same.

Interesting, as I was blocked n1, so either the scum have a block with them or Simple is telling the truth.
Simple: One block doesn't account for two missing kills. Are you claiming to be a jailer or simple roleblock?
Toaster: Can you confirm being blocked on n2 and/or n3?

This is Max's fourth D4 post, and first after the opening exchange between me and Simple.

Do these look like the posts of a cop with a guilty result?  No.  The good townie move would have been to vote and build a case on me from the start, not faff about until something interesting happens.  He didn't even question me until Simple's claim.

Irony:  What's your view on MBP now that Simple flipped scum?

Dariush:  I'd love more out of you concerning Nuke since you ignored him all D4.

Native:  You've had more than enough time to catch up now.  What are your conclusions now?

Someone did screw with me last night, though I don't know who or to what effect.  Flavorwise, I was led in circles when looking for Max, but I found him eventually.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 01, 2011, 08:28:55 am »

The good townie move would have been to vote and build a case on me from the start, not faff about until something interesting happens.
No it wouldn't.

He would have investigated you and got the result 'third party'. What sort of third party? He wouldn't know. Could be a survivor, or some other 'peaceful' third party. Not a guarantee that you were trouble.

When Simple revealed that you were a killer, he put two and two together and got SK. But there were still scum around, straight up claiming would have assured his death. The sensible course of action would be to advocate lynching you, much like what he did.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48