Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138485 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2011, 08:31:45 pm »

Nuke: So you want us to not scumhunt D1, and instead just lynch a random person because he's acting like a dick?
Learn to read, birdbrains.

1. So you basically wanted to preemptively undermine he's ability to hunt scum for the rest of the game, just to save your own ass.
2. > Implying your ass will need saving from scum hunting.
3. > But even worse, implying that you know Jim is town trying 'ineffective scum hunting'

4. Only way you could know Jim is town is if you are scum. Sorry Zrk2.

I want to point out that he has a history of hounding townies into oblivion by never accepting the truth when it is offered and turning everything into a 'scumtell.'

1. This is-what? I am demonstrating that he is overly aggressive and his claims are almost always bullshit, as he is unwilling to consider the possibility that his choice is actually scum. Hence tunneling, hence ineffective scumhunting.

2. >Implying I need to be 'saved' from a scum-tunneler who has jack shit, he just keeps hammering one arbitrarily selected person until everyone else lynches him because since Jim always presents walls of text that don't actually prove anything.

3. I don't know he is town, I just know he is building a bullshit case.

4. I don't know he is town, I just know he is tunneling and not looking at anyone but me.

Vector, Ou etes vous?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »

And you think that ineffective hunting is a scum tell?

Vector, Ou etes vous?
I don't speak French, and google translate isn't making things any more clear for me here. Could I get a translation, I like to know what is going on.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2011, 08:41:58 pm »

Unless I seriously fucked up my French it translates as 'Where are you?' Only 'vous' is more of an honourific way of saying 'you'.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2011, 08:44:48 pm »

Ah, so an activity prod, I see. We went over this before the game started, she is going to be busy for a while.
Reguardless
Answer it.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

Unless I seriously fucked up my French it translates as 'Where are you?' Only 'vous' is more of an honourific way of saying 'you'.

Vous is the plural form of tu (you) , and also serve as a more polite alternative to ''tu''.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2011, 08:52:53 pm »

The Counting Stones
Dariush: NUKE9.13
Darvi: Toaster
Jack AT: Vector
Jim Groovester: Powder Miner, Zrk2
Powder Miner: Ottofar
Simple: Dariush
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Vector: IronyOwl
Zrk2: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Max White, Simple

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »

So don't like the rolefishing, and it is scummy, but your going to give him a chance to back down after people have told him how scummy it is? Wouldn't that mean that if he is scum, your making it way too easy to make mistakes and then change he's tact and get away with it?
There were questions in that directed at you MBP.
It's like playing whack a mole! You guys keep popping up and ducking away just before addressing my questions.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02:20 pm »

I think tunneling is a scumtell. Jim is tunneling on me. Ergo Jim is demonstrating a scum tell. Or did you miss that the first 10 times?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02:57 pm »

Why would tunnelling be a scum tell?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2011, 09:03:35 pm »

STOP IGNORING ME ZRK2 WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

Well actually I know exactly why you're doing this - you think it's easier to attack Jim ad hominem than me, and have no response to the points I have against you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2011, 09:05:29 pm »

What? Did somebody post something? Couldn't have been Leafsnail, because he totally isn't online and active right now. Must have just been the internet wind, so we should all just ignore it.  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2011, 09:06:30 pm »

I'm finishing a 1077-page novel for the rhetoric professor who suggested I write an honors thesis, trying to declare a double-major, helping a mathematician get English department help with his poetry translation project, helping an offensive club work through its disturbing amount of privilege, and trying to work out the nuts and bolts of a math paper I'll probably end up writing and publishing within the next year.  That's just the side-projects, by the way.  It speaks nothing of the homework I have due next Monday through Wednesday.

I'll post something big when Jack AT finally gets in this game (answer all your questions, comb things through and whatnot), but seriously, I am fucking busy--and if I'm occasionally online, reading stuff (like when I check on my email to see if one of the billions of people I'm coordinating things with has finally replied), that doesn't mean I have time to attend to everything that's happening here.

Sorry.  That's where I am right now.  Rest assured, I'll be active and pay attention, but sometimes that means spending a little bit less time in the first stages of RVS and a little bit more time on analysis when it counts.

Oh, and also:

STOP IGNORING ME ZRK2 WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

This.  Zrk2, if this hasn't resolved by the time I have time, you are going to be a very, very unhappy man.

Nice deflection to my "absence," though.  I posted.  I told you I'd be gone.  It's been only a short while since I posted, too, and other players haven't even shown up.  Yet somehow, you decide I'm the woman to bother.

Why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

Unvote.  I still expect an answer Ottofar but this is unforgivable.

Who cares about class, so long as the scum gets hung?
This perfectly sums up how a town player should play.  They should not care about class and should instead focus on getting scum lynched.

So, since you agree with me that class shouldn't matter to a townie, why are you trying to find out people's classes, something that should only matter to scum?  I'll tell you why.  It's because you're scum, Zrk2. I asked for roles to start the fucking conversation. We are conversing, ergo my goal has succeeded. No longer am I requesting roles.

Get everything out in the open and give us more information to deal with.
I completely agree with this one too, assuming by "us" you mean "me and the other people who share my alignment".

And yes, if you're mafia you won't care much about revealing your role since your team isn't going to kill you.

Exactly. Remind me again why roleclaims are bad. Giving the scum too much to work with? Everyone here has a role, so I see no reason not to claim and give the town more information to work with, since no one role should be more OP than the others, for balance.
Balance means the teams balance.  Not that each individual player needs to be exactly as powerful as all others (indeed, making a game like that would be basically impossible).  It might be that the game is balanced because the town has some really strong players that counteract the scum's really strong players.  And you're trying to knock it out of balance by finding the town's strong players so you can kill them tonight.

Even if all the players were equal, it'd still be great for you if you knew who is, say, the most likely to be a doctor (so you can kill him without it being blocked).

Hell, mine is pretty stereotypical, straight out of a BM.
Yeah mafia players don't care about revealing their role, we know. Or, I don't fucking know, I'm a doctor? *Gasp* It's cuz I'm a big protective walrus.

Is this the argument you are talking about?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:26 pm »

/facepalm

WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR.

argleblargleblargle
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48