Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138464 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »

Simple:
IronyOwl: What do you expect to be a challenge in this game ?
Initially, the sheer number of players. Somewhat related to that, the sheer number of power roles flying around might have odd effects, though I don't think that'll be as much of an issue once the game gets trimmed down a bit.

More persistently, we've got a fair number of players who are... questionable, in some form or another.

Nuke:
Its the perfect plan!
So your plan is to get yourself lynched under the delusion that this gets us out of RVS.

Why did you bother signing up?

Zrk2:
I believe those are the answers you wanted. I AM THE WALRUS! COO COO CUH-CHOO!
What about the ones about how claiming D1 isn't a terrible, terrible idea?

NINJA'D:

Anyway I was asking about roles to provoke a reaction - the point of the RVS, so discussion is now going and we have some more posts to analyze.
Great. Everyone thinks you're rolefishing scum. What are you going to do with this reaction now?

Now watch, soon he'll launch off a ppost about how it was not an OMGUS and how I am scum for role-fishing etc etc 'EVERYBODY LYNCH ZRK2 NOW HE'S A SCUM DON'T LOOK AT MY POSTS LETS ALL BANDWAGON HIM GOGOGOGO!' and I trust you are all smart enough not to fall for it.
As far as I can tell, this means one of two things.

One: "I'm not going to bother doing anything after this, so I trust you all to remember this patch of text as a future defense against everything Jim is doing."

Two: "Now, in the future you're going to see a lot of stuff from Jim about how scummy I am. But I'm sure you're all far, far too intelligent and good-looking to fall for that, so just stay on my side guys."

Please explain.

Vector, preferred scumbuddies? Most and least preferred scumteam setup, both as town and scum?

Ottofar, if you were a vig, what would your criteria for targets be? Roleblocker? Doctor? Under what circumstances would you not action?

Also, was Vector's interpretation of the reasoning behind your drape question correct?

Toaster, would you rather be an SK, town vig, or scum roleblocker? Why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »

I could demonstrate that I have an accurate meta of Jim by predicting his actions and so validate my previous points about his shaking-tunnel-charge-witchhunt-lynch policy, demonstrating that he is an unreliable scumhunter and that he actually has no case against me. This made qualify as an OMGUS, but there are justifications, so it isn't as scummy as it may seem.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »

So you basically wanted to preemptively undermine he's ability to hunt scum for the rest of the game, just to save your own ass.
> Implying your ass will need saving from scum hunting.
> But even worse, implying that you know Jim is town trying 'ineffective scum hunting'

Only way you could know Jim is town is if you are scum. Sorry Zrk2.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2011, 06:44:21 pm »

-snip-
So you think that Jim is scum then ? Why you feel the need to preemptively stop him if you predict that his case will be obviously flawed ? And why you use his case as defense for your own actions ? That's not how it should work. The fact is you tried to force a claim and while you believe it's good for town, why thinking otherwise is a bad grounds for a case ?

Powder Miner: So you think one scum less is not worthy claiming ? Why you fos'd zrk without any follow-up question ?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2011, 06:50:21 pm »

Anyway I was asking about roles to provoke a reaction - the point of the RVS, so discussion is now going and we have some more posts to analyze.
whattrollsscumwantsyoutothink.jpeg

Shall we now look into the cases put forward against me and analyze them?
Hey, why not look at mine?  Y'know, the one he referred you to.  Twice.  Stop deflecting.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »

Well, i dislike rolefishing in general, but i don't really think he would believe anybody would claim this early.
Ok.

So why did he do it, then?

Its a stupid thing to do, but i can see him do stupid thing, it equals out.
That seems to contradict your previous sentence.

Possibilty on why : could be to appear active, substance, you know.  Show he is here and usefull.

I dont believe its contradicting. Asking for role on day 1 IS stupid, and i also have seen him do stupid thing. So i 1 can go with the other.

Still, his recent vote on Jim is a bit shifty. Looks like an attempt to redirect suspicion from him now that he got 3 votes. Well see how it pans out soonish.

In others news, good activity! Gold star everyone

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »

So don't like the rolefishing, and it is scummy, but your going to give him a chance to back down after people have told him how scummy it is? Wouldn't that mean that if he is scum, your making it way too easy to make mistakes and then change he's tact and get away with it?
There were questions in that directed at you MBP.

In others news, good activity! Gold star everyone
Go team go, right?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

Nuke:
Its the perfect plan!
So your plan is to get yourself lynched under the delusion that this gets us out of RVS.

Why did you bother signing up?
Pretty much entirely out of autoschadenfreude.

Anyway. Moving on, much obliged Zrk2, we are out of RVS! Huzzah!

Zrk2, you are an idiot for rolefishing, should have thought about that better. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and call you a simple moron, though, rather than scum. You're welcome.

Loads of people playing, makes things easy for lurkers. Except that so help me god I will vote for anyone who even makes the slightest hint of lurking today.

Actual suspicions: Screw you guys, I want Dariush dead. Come on, eh? Guys a dick, no one likes him. Lets lynch the bugger.
Long Live United Forenia!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »

Actual suspicions: Screw you guys, I want Dariush dead. Come on, eh? Guys a dick, no one likes him. Lets lynch the bugger.

Jester?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2011, 07:12:32 pm »

Powder Miner: So you think one scum less is not worthy claiming ? Why you fos'd zrk without any follow-up question ?
Bcause I'm not scum. The primary reason for rolefihing is scum trying to find the goo and juicy power roles so they can skewer them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2011, 07:25:22 pm »

Jester?
Ooh, I hope not. That would be a right disappointment.
Wait, you meant me as a jester? Nope, sorry. But allow me to make things even more controversial:

There's nothing wrong with just lynching some guy D1.

Oh no he didn't! (Oh yes he did!). D1 lynches are rarely fruitful, and three quarters of the time, the lynched obvscum is not scum. Which is to say, D1 lynches are essentially random, or worse than random! By lynching someone regardless of their defence, you are guaranteed to get a random result. Which is not to say you can't listen to their defence at all, or respond to it. And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them. But yeah, so long as there is plenty of conversation and controversy D1 to be called back to on later days, just lynching some dude is a not a problem.

Oh, and before you all get your knickers in a twist over me not playing the way you want me to play, consider: are the statistics of D1 (obvscum) lynches better than those of random lynches? They are not, this is a factual fact. I am stating a fact here. You may not like this fact, but don't leap to arms as if the unpleasantness of this fact coincides with the unpleasantness of me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »

Unvote Darvi Hm Okay.

Nuke: So you want us to not scumhunt D1, and instead just lynch a random person because he's acting like a dick?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Ooh, I hope not. That would be a right disappointment.
Wait, you meant me as a jester? Nope, sorry. But allow me to make things even more controversial:

There's nothing wrong with just lynching some guy D1.

Oh no he didn't! (Oh yes he did!). D1 lynches are rarely fruitful, and three quarters of the time, the lynched obvscum is not scum. Which is to say, D1 lynches are essentially random, or worse than random! By lynching someone regardless of their defence, you are guaranteed to get a random result. Which is not to say you can't listen to their defence at all, or respond to it. And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them. But yeah, so long as there is plenty of conversation and controversy D1 to be called back to on later days, just lynching some dude is a not a problem.

Oh, and before you all get your knickers in a twist over me not playing the way you want me to play, consider: are the statistics of D1 (obvscum) lynches better than those of random lynches? They are not, this is a factual fact. I am stating a fact here. You may not like this fact, but don't leap to arms as if the unpleasantness of this fact coincides with the unpleasantness of me.

While you do make a persuading offer, I don't see why we should just random lynch when, no matter how slim, we are better off scum hunting. It is like if somebody offers you a one in one hundred chance of winning, or a one in ninety nine chance, the latter is still better.
Also, random lynches don't really help us, because part of d1 is seeing why people votes for who, so even if the end result is that we lynch a townie either way, we are better off trying.
Also, also. This way is more fun.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:42 pm »

Nuke: So you want us to not scumhunt D1, and instead just lynch a random person because he's acting like a dick?
Learn to read, birdbrains.

so long as there is plenty of conversation and controversy D1

you keep scumhunting, keep talking, keep everything. You just don't pretend that you are so good at scumhunting that you can beat a longstanding tradition of failure and find obvscum accurately D1.

Also, also. This way is more fun.
Counterpoint: nuh uh. Imagine how mad Dariush would be if he came back to find a majority vote on him for no reason. He would flip the fuck out, it would be great, hilarious, fantastic.

As for your other points, eh, I suppose you're sort of right. I don't have the actual numbers, so I couldn't tell you whether its slightly more or slightly less than 26.66% accuracy. But I'm still going to keep my vote on Dariush until someone comes along whom I consider to have a significantly better than 26.66% chance of being scum.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

Counterpoint: nuh uh. Imagine how mad Dariush would be if he came back to find a majority vote on him for no reason. He would flip the fuck out, it would be great, hilarious, fantastic.
Ok, that would be pretty awesome. Sort of want to now... But then that bot AI they installed into my head prevents me from doing so. FUCK! I must be more lame than I first though.
Meh, I'm enjoying myself as is. Maybe some other time when nothing else interesting is going on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48