Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138400 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

Vector: Well i haven't considered it's something like that. Looks like i need to put more thought into even simple questions answers.

Jim: If I end up lurking it either means im procrastinating or im busy. But chances are, if im lurking it would probally because of the whole procrastinating thing.
So we should completely ignore the possibility of deliberate lurking on your side ? You wouldn't even consider that as scum ?

Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
Rolefishing.  And going for an inexperienced player who might fall for it too.  Classy.

Damn right. Who cares about class, so long as the scum gets hung? Also, it's a BYOR so everyone has a role, so a RC isn't as big of a deal. Get everything out in the open and give us more information to deal with. I'm a Walrus, problem?
How forcing role-claims D1 when nobody could confirm a single claim by actions and we don't even know what actions are possible could be in any way useful to town ? And assuming that role-name is not big deal is a stretch - scum will have access to four role names and powers so they could probably figure out more from it than town that have no certain information outside their own role...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2011, 04:48:24 pm »

Yay! Game is on!
*Make ambiguous animal sound*

Max White: How long have you played mafia?
Umm, since sometime halfway through this year... I think? Temporal patterns, not my thing. Beginners Vengeful was my first game.

Nuke: QUICK WHAT IS THE SQUARE ROOT OF PI?!?
Darvi: If somebody had a kill, should they still use it on you?

Exactly. Remind me again why roleclaims are bad.

Because it allows the scum to systematically take out useful players. First people with protects and blocks, then inspects and so forth. By revealing that you either have a protect or an inspect, you are three ways to fucked, or scum. Not a great position to be in.
So tell me, what do you hope to find by having people reveal roles?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2011, 04:51:47 pm »

Simple: What? I never said that, or atleast meant to say that. What I mean is, that if I end up lurking for whatever reasons its probally because im lazy. And you should all bother the hell out of me until I stop lurking.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:40 pm »

Do I look like a truant officer?

It's not our fucking job to make sure you don't lurk. That's your problem to fix, not ours.

I have zero desire to make sure you're playing the game you signed up for, so how about you quit it with the bullshit excuses like "I'll probably just be lazy," and own up to your terrible participation and do something about it.

Is that too much to ask? It shouldn't be. Not to any player with an ounce of decency.

Unvote anyway, and Zrk2, at least until he answers my questions, but probably after that as well, for rolefishing and encouraging roleclaiming.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »

Exactly. Remind me again why roleclaims are bad. Giving the scum too much to work with? Everyone here has a role, so I see no reason not to claim and give the town more information to work with, since no one role should be more OP than the others, for balance. Hell, mine is pretty stereotypical, straight out of a BM.

Allow me to direct you to the post above mine for a very good explanation.

Also allow me to direct you to the post above mine for several good reasons why you are scum.

Also, answer my questions. You can't just say I'm starting a witchhunt from flimsy suspicions without explaining what they are or why they're flimsy.

Anyway, as far as your flimsy accusations and tunneling I am referring to past games I have played with you, as you had hardly done anything to tunnel at the time of my post, seeing as you had about 2 posts.

Anyway the RVS has now been ended by the kerfuffle over over my alleged 'role-fishing' let us get down to business.

Jim: If I end up lurking it either means im procrastinating or im busy. But chances are, if im lurking it would probally because of the whole procrastinating thing.

So I should ignore all that talk before the game started, where you said you lurked to help out your team since you never did anything good, because your procrastination is the only thing I should worry when you're lurking.

Right.

Jim, starting another witch hunt on the flimsiest of suspicions again I see, while I understand your style I still don't like it, it causes too much tunneling. How would you go about beating the town as a scum? As a SK?

What flimsy suspicions? What tunneling? I answered this above.

What the hell are you talking about? Previous games, I was drawing on my meta of you, which is an overly aggressive player who tends to end up leading crusades against people who end up turning out to be townie.

And who the hell are you to tell me the flaws of my style? No one, but these are observations I have made, of course I am naturally a more conservative person, so it just doesn't strike me as the best way to approach the problem.

As scum, I would hunt like town and mislynch town.

As an SK, I would lynch scum, and then kill town. Or the other way around. You don't have to be too picky as an SK.

That's the simple answer, but since this is a role heavy game by definition, there are lots of roles that could interfere with that. Without any idea of what roles there are, I would have no idea how to combat them, asides from sticking to simple, straightforward play until I get more information. Straightforward play tends to work well regardless of roles anyway.

Damn right. Who cares about class, so long as the scum gets hung? Also, it's a BYOR so everyone has a role, so a RC isn't as big of a deal. Get everything out in the open and give us more information to deal with. I'm a Walrus, problem?

Rolefishing, and actively encouraging roleclaiming, early in Day 1.

Right. Of course you're town.

I believe those are the answers you wanted. I AM THE WALRUS! COO COO CUH-CHOO!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2011, 05:38:01 pm »

Then why did you say I was starting a witchhunt on the flimsiest of suspicions again if you knew it wasn't the case?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:54 pm »

Darvi:  Are you happy with your alignment?
I dunno since I only have found out that the game started and haven't checked yet. Probably not though.

Darvi: If you were scum, who here would you want as one of your scumbuddies?
Max for the interesting chatting and Jim, Toaster, Jack, LS or Vector for their experience.

Darvi: If somebody had a kill, should they still use it on you?
For the hilariousness, yes. For winning the game, no.

Questions later today because naptiems.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »

Ahhhh BYOR4. Such sweet memory eh Vector

Simple : Frankly, i believe it's where the variance come from. Their goals are selfish, and town is the one paying for it. The diversity of role, and the fact that you never really know their numbers means town is ill equiped to deal with them, barring a lucky scan or mafia/vig kill.

Also, agreed that rolefishing on day 1 is useless. Theres no data to get from this, and no way to verifiy any claim. Useless.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2011, 06:07:35 pm »

Also, agreed that rolefishing on day 1 is useless. Theres no data to get from this, and no way to verifiy any claim. Useless.
With this is mind, what is your opinion of Zrk2?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »

Well, i dislike rolefishing in general, but i don't really think he would believe anybody would claim this early. Its a stupid thing to do, but i can see him do stupid thing, it equals out. I'll vote him up if he continue wasting time on useless endeavors.

Probably got us out of RVS too, so not all is lost. Jim is still angry and shooting around, so a quiet day at the office until now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2011, 06:18:49 pm »

So don't like the rolefishing, and it is scummy, but your going to give him a chance to back down after people have told him how scummy it is? Wouldn't that mean that if he is scum, your making it way too easy to make mistakes and then change he's tact and get away with it?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »

Well, i dislike rolefishing in general, but i don't really think he would believe anybody would claim this early.
Ok.

So why did he do it, then?

Its a stupid thing to do, but i can see him do stupid thing, it equals out.
That seems to contradict your previous sentence.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2011, 06:27:58 pm »

Probably got us out of RVS too, so not all is lost.

That was one of my goals, so there we go.

Jim is still angry and shooting around, so a quiet day at the office until now.

Jim is always angry, usually with me. Nothing new here.

Anyway I was asking about roles to provoke a reaction - the point of the RVS, so discussion is now going and we have some more posts to analyze. Shall we now look into the cases put forward against me and analyze them? Jim has thrown a lot of text my way, but most of it is really just hammering on one question, and then only after I voted for him. Sort of an OMGUS, but not to terribly.

Now watch, soon he'll launch off a ppost about how it was not an OMGUS and how I am scum for role-fishing etc etc 'EVERYBODY LYNCH ZRK2 NOW HE'S A SCUM DON'T LOOK AT MY POSTS LETS ALL BANDWAGON HIM GOGOGOGO!' and I trust you are all smart enough not to fall for it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »

Powder, if you were a cop, and got a guilty result n1, would you claim right away? You wouldn't know if there was any protective roles around.
Not in a larger game like this. One guilty person exposed and killed wouldn't make much of a dent in the scumteam.
Quote from: Zrk2
Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
How about NO? YOu're trying to fish my role. That's scummy, scum, you scummy scum scum Zrk2 scum!
(That was really fun to say)

So, Jim,
If you were a third party alignment, what one would you prefer?
(Martyr is not an acceptable answer for you)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2011, 06:32:06 pm »

Now watch, soon he'll launch off a ppost about how it was not an OMGUS and how I am scum for role-fishing etc etc 'EVERYBODY LYNCH ZRK2 NOW HE'S A SCUM DON'T LOOK AT MY POSTS LETS ALL BANDWAGON HIM GOGOGOGO!' and I trust you are all smart enough not to fall for it.
Whoa dude. In my mind, you just crossed the line from 'meh', to 'wait what?'
Why are you predicting what Jim is going to do? What possible benefit could this bring?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48