Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225442 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2865 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

"Well, maybe the man might still be of some use, yes. You are right, let us speak to him on neutral ground and find out the details of what actually occured. But mind you, we must be looking for any clue if he is telling us the truth."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 28, 2012, 02:56:42 pm »

"Quite so. Between us we can ferret out the truth of his intentions. Let's hope he has his story straight."

Action: Tala sets up a meeting in between the two camps between herself, Nikephoros and Timothy. Inform him that, for security reasons, he can bring up to four guards and no more.

Tala and Nikephoros bring their two personal guards each obviously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 28, 2012, 03:18:59 pm »

Tala and Nikephoros.

On neutral ground between Timothy's estate, and your own army, Tala and Nikephoros meet with Timothy. He looks to be in a bad way, but is insistent on walking under his own power. He is of course, with 4 guards and his physician who seems to be unhappy about something.

"So. I am willing to join Ligoria, under the terms set out before by.. Damn I don't recall his name. A title, and continuing to administrate my lands. I'd be expecting a Ligorian presence, militarily, to scare off bandits such as 'Baroness' De Plume. I have information on her forces, but not their location."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 28, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »

"Yes, nobility and ownership are yours. But sadly I am unable to complete my operation until "Baroness" is captured. I am not going to let one rogue robber baron roam the countryside. Besides, there will be an expectation of a land tax to be paid to the treasury of the Republic, to maintain the military and the state that will be protecting you. But enough of that.

Tell me what exactly happened here. And tell me everything you know about De Plume."

Listen to Sir Timothy. Try to pick out anything that might sound false or half-true.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: January 28, 2012, 04:42:51 pm »

"If my reports are accurate, I possess 2 parcels of land. Though damage might have occurred from these repeated attacks. I have 2 regimentsthat can aid Ligoria.

When the letter came to ask us to join Ligoria, we ignored it. When the ambassador came, we were forced to choose sides. De Plume decided that she had the best plan of all. She attempted to threaten us into joining her, she attacks when we do not 'supply' her with funding.  At last report I believe five of the twelve nobles present that day are paying her off, rather than be raided. Since I refuse to pay her, I am occasionally the target of her raids. She loses more than she gains when she comes here. But she does, to remind me that she hasn't forgotten my choice.

My scouts have reported she leads at least [5] regiments. Though I have lost many scouts and my numbers may not be accurate.  I personally suspect no more than three. She is a competent leader, but not a tactician in any respects.  And she throws regiments around as though they were a child's playthings. The rumors of her being a witch are difficult to verify, but I would lay money on them being false. I do not know where she keeps her forces. But I am not a jumped up bandit. Blackadder would likely know better, he has been a brigand before."

[?] Parts of this seem..prepared, somehow.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:45:11 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »

Franz takes a cloak and pulls the hood over his face before heading towards the palace, he hasn't been contacted yet. Time to go there himself.

Go to the palace and talk with the Lord Chancellor.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: January 28, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »

Hmm... So De Plume seems to be the big cheese around here. Fair enough, we could use your regiments. I will get Blackadder here too, see what he knows. Unless there is anything else, I need to talk with lady Tala. Excuse me.

Nikephoros then motioned to her to walk with him to the side out of Sir Timothy's hearing.

"What do you think? I thought he was honest. He seems willing to help too. Although I can't shake off the feeling as if he was reciting something... Either way we neeed to talk to other barons and figure out where is she residing. It is quite bizzare though how she moves her soldiers and how she extracts tribute out of everyone Without one steady place. I think she must be moving too, although how and where to?"

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: January 28, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »

Reaching the palace Franz requested an audience with the Lord Chancellor, saying that it was very important.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: January 28, 2012, 06:01:57 pm »

A guard stops Franz at the gates, with an annoyed look.

"Who're you and why do you want to talk to the Lord? Before you say anything, let me remind you that beggars are not allowed inside."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 28, 2012, 06:20:06 pm »

Upon hearing the guard's little beggar remark Franz allowed himself a wry smile and while opening the pin of the stained cloak, revealing the finely tailored blue clothes with golden trim and the crimson red cloak over his left shoulder and as the cloak dropped to the ground he said.

"Oh, believe me, I am no beggar. I am a business man and I have very important issues to discuss with the Lord Chancellor. Now please, let me in and could you inform the Lord Chancellor aswell?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:48 am »

Accept the job.

You begin to head east before the end of the season. From the looks on your men's, and your, faces the caravan master gives you some information about the area you're heading into.

Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:13 am »

"What do you think? I thought he was honest. He seems willing to help too. Although I can't shake off the feeling as if he was reciting something... Either way we neeed to talk to other barons and figure out where is she residing. It is quite bizzare though how she moves her soldiers and how she extracts tribute out of everyone Without one steady place. I think she must be moving too, although how and where to?"

"He seems to have made sure that any facts he gives us are hearsay...I think he would not mind if we destroyed each other in battle. I think his intentions are to deceive us, even if not directly.

As for the Bandit Queen, she probably using the cover of forests and natural hideouts, only moving at night for quick raids..."

Tala did have a plan, though.

Action: Tala covertly sends out some of her personal guard to hide in the area, and watch messengers coming in and out of Timothys camp. If spotted, they are tracked to wherever they are going, and the guard reports back to Tala personally.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

((Last day William will be in Ligoria.))

William stood and knocked at the door of the Alanis House.

William heads to the Alanis house in order to speak with Pasha about Marlax.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: January 29, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »

"I will take care of the other lords then. Once we speak with them, we will be to able to make a full assesment of our situation."

Nikephoros left for his tent and proceeded to pen two letters. One was adressed to Blackadder, inviting him for a discussion at the Ligorian camp, the other was to Kathos.

Kathos,

I forgot to tell you about a young man that I have dealt with before I left. Ortwin Bloodoak claims that his family used to serve Ligoria and that His brother died some time ago, leaving his wife and an estate.

I don't know much about that family or their land, but since we commited ourselves to restoring Ligorian upper class, it would be good to get this man onboard. See to it that his claim is sorted out, I promised him that.

Campaign so far is going slowly. "Baroness" De Plume is causing grief and bullies the landowners around her, and so far she caused us some trouble too. She probably does not command much force, but her sway and her ability to scare are considerable. I don't know how much control over others she has, but I hope that her actions will help us sway other landowners to our side.

Nikephoros.

Send letter to Blackadder, inviting him for a discussion in Ligorian camp. Bodyguard allowed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:08:44 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: January 29, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »

Upon hearing the guard's little beggar remark Franz allowed himself a wry smile and while opening the pin of the stained cloak, revealing the finely tailored blue clothes with golden trim and the crimson red cloak over his left shoulder and as the cloak dropped to the ground he said.

"Oh, believe me, I am no beggar. I am a business man and I have very important issues to discuss with the Lord Chancellor. Now please, let me in and could you inform the Lord Chancellor aswell?"

The guard shrugged, not bothered by the fact that he had insulted a 'business man'.

"Leave any weapon here and enter the palace... The servants will lead you to the waiting room, and the Lord Chancellor will speak to you when he's ready."
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 220