Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 233028 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2895 on: January 31, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »

"No, thank you for the offer, however."
William nodded at the man as he passed and made his way up the staircase, once on the landing he knocked on the study door.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: January 31, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »

Pasha rolled up the scroll he was looking at and opened another one. "Come in," he said, somewhat distracted by his current work.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: January 31, 2012, 06:25:09 pm »

William stepped into the study and gave a mock bow.

"Glad to see you again, Baron Alanis. I'm not catching you at a bad time am I?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:05 pm »

Pasha looked up and nodded. "Not particularly, William. Just looking through some ledgers. They're... poorly kept. I've been going over them all day and I don't know any more about what we actually own than I did before I started." He sighed. "I'll have to ask Tala when she gets back the current state of House Alanis. The old bookkeeper needs to be fired... Then again, maybe we don't have one, and THAT'S the problem... Anyway, you're here for what we discussed, right?" He picked up a few scrolls, checked the bindings, and passed them over. "I wrote down everything I remembered. I can't say they will be as useful as they would have been a few years ago, but at least you won't be walking into Kothitas completely unprepared."

(I don't think I can give you any training since you already made training rolls for swordsmanship. :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »

"Something is better then nothing, thank you."
William took the offered scrolls and slid them into his coat pocket.
"Although, having a guide to that land would quite a bit better then a few scrolls..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13:45 pm »

Pasha sighed. "I can't go. I have a duty to my wife and to my people now. Maybe if we'd met a year ago I could have, but not now." He thought for a moment. "Well... there might be someone there who can help you, if you can contact her. And if she's still as she was when I knew her." He pulled out another scroll and drew on it, then got another scroll. He handed the first to William, which depicted a girl who looked startlingly similar to Pasha, and continued writing. "Leikrys Marlax. She's one of my many half-siblings, the youngest daughter... but she's kind-hearted and sweet-natured, unlike the rest of the family. A bit spoiled, though. If she's still there, and hasn't been married off or embittered by Kothitas, she might help you. She was always a friend to me."

He finished writing and bound the scroll up. "A letter to her. You'll know her if you see her; she's about fifteen years old by now, has orange hair like mine and blue eyes." Obviously the portrait was a bit outdated; the last time Pasha had seen her, she was twelve. "You'll want to avoid the notice of Alray Marlax. He was one of my torturers and a very ruthless, sick, sadistic man. Maybe the worst of the lot. If he gets any power over you, he'll exploit it." Pasha caught William's eyes. "I would suggest leaving Chironas behind, or distancing yourself from her. He WILL go after her instead of you if he knows and has the opportunity."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »

"Hmm... I understand you."
William looked at the portrait. A look of interest, not the predatory((Aka:Not the Pedo type)) kind but rather one of ambition, passed over his features as he glanced at it and slipped the paper into his pocket.
"Sorry for asking, but whats the chances that she isn't as corrupt as the rest?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:30:31 pm by filiusenox »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: January 31, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »

Pasha shrugged. "It's been three years. I couldn't tell you how she is now. Just that she was very trusting and open as a child, adopting me as 'big brother' within a week of meeting me... although she did call Ilsken, Galmaar, and Alray that, too..." He thought for a moment. "She was always pretty willful though. She might make you work or pay for her help just to see if you'll do it. I don't think she was ever mean-spirited, just too playful and curious for her own good. I'd say thirty-five percent she's like the rest of them now, fifteen percent she's still a good person, fifty percent she's independent, willful, and mischievous." He handed the letter over. If William broke the seal and read it, he would find only a sentence or two stating that he (Atrineas) knew him and that he had sent William to her for help; nothing that could implicate either of them in any plans to overthrow Dysevik, or similar things that might possibly come back to haunt Ligoria. He wasn't taking that risk.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:01 pm »

"Hmm...very well then, thank you for your help, Pasha. Want me to bring you back anything from Kothitas...?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »

Pasha shook his head with a humorless laugh. "Maybe a handful of ashes from the ruins." He pushed back his chair, stood, and placed a hand on William's shoulder. "Good luck. Watch your back out there."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: January 31, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

"Heh...I will. Watch your back here in Ligoria."
William winked at Pasha and then turned and left, heading down the staircase back to where his boat was waiting. To take him to Polca, then Kothitas, then Galam. He had a feeling it was going to be busy year.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 01, 2012, 10:45:03 pm »

Laythe at the bar
"Dont know where he went. But actually doing something worth a good word, would help you. If they're watching. Now if you don't mind, you've scared off my business."
-----
The Border Campaign
Once Sir Timothy gets better enough to ride, move with all regiments and Sir Timothy towards Blackadder.

You have to wait tantalizing days, before Sir Timothy is proclaimed well enough to ride by his physician. Your march to Blackadder's lands are swift and untroubled. There are signs of recent battles all across the light forests and roadways of the peninsula. It would appear this land is ravaged by war.
Upon nearing Blackadder's lands, you note that his flag flies in the distance, over what appears to be a patchwork palisade made of swiftly felled trees and sparsely manned.

There are besiegers certainly, they have taken note of your arrival and a lone man approaches. He invites you to join the forces of his lord, and defeat Blackadder.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »

And with that, Laythe put her hood back up and left with her bodyguards back to the citadel.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 02, 2012, 12:53:04 am »

Disguise the Republican Soldiers with different clothes, so they can't be traced back to Ligoria. Then take Rectyl's boat and sail to Polca. Take any flags off the boat and survey the port for any ambushes or garrisons before docking.

[262] There are several regiments of city guard on the port now. Nothing looks overly suspicious, just simply a lot of bodies patrolling to search ships inbound for cargo. Seems your little stunt has caused an increase in checks and anti-smuggler activity. No one seems happy you're back and they were apparently advised to direct you to the Lord's manor
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:45 am »

'The Lord wants to speak with you.'
Trap?
Trap.

William smiled as he slipped on his armor, he put the long coat on, strapped Zerim and a steel shortsword to his side, then put on his cap.
He took a look at the parchment on the desk and slipped it into his pocket after a moment of consideration. He picked the clothes to make the Lord remember the first night William was in Polca. After a quick glance in a mirror, he left his quarters. Three of his men were waiting outside the door. Ready to assist.

First thing William will do is head to his Barracks and check if his men are still alive and functioning. If they are, he'll leave orders there then head to the lord. If they aren't, he'll await further orders from me. The Republican Regiment will stay below decks and wait for William's signal or till they hear the sound of fighting or the crew informs them of the sound of fighting.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:17:07 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 220