Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 233037 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2835 on: January 27, 2012, 03:52:14 pm »

"Questions like that, are mighty dangerous. Why you looking?"
"Depends, but rest assured, I'm no witch-hunter, despite the armour."

"Don't much care if you are. You ain't precisely stealthy. So if there were mages round these parts, and if they took offense, you'd be dead already. So what exactly is it you're looking for?"
The barkeep seems relaxed, for the most part.
"Looking to hire. I have a fair amount money, and I need the services of one."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 27, 2012, 04:29:15 pm »

"Y-yeah!"

William clinked his tankard against Kathos's and downed the stinging beverage in a few gulps. A few seconds later he hiccupped. Then resumed looking a the waitress.

"T-that girl...hair looks a little, like R-ala...I mean T-Tala's woman. A fine one t-oo. She is...Chironas is better, though, in my…public…opinion."

"Now, now... Keep your... P-public opinions to yourself, Will... Wouldn't want to... Offend the... Girl, now, w-would we?"

Kathos winked towards the waitress.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:10 pm »

"Looking to hire. I have a fair amount money, and I need the services of one."
"You wont find any by flashing cash." The barkeep sighs. "Look, you know and I know that mages are persecuted. People fear em. The priests rile everyone up against em every few months. Suspected mages are murdered in brutal 'accidents'. So they hide. Cash? They can make money just fine doing normal work that don't call attention to themselves."

He shows both hands, and pours you a mug of some strong smelling alcohol.

"Say you found one. What then? Someone they cant trust, knows who they are. You? For all I know you're looking for a trophy. Or you're the front for someone who is. Mages bleed like anyone else. Not to mention anything they do, draws attention. I don't think you can do anything that creates any trust here. Sorry."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:35 pm »

"Well, that depends on the amount of money they want. I can offer far more than a measily working job could provide in a decade. And besides, I have friends in high places. What more could they want?"

Laythe picked the mug , and started sipping some of the contents up.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 27, 2012, 04:56:20 pm »

[4] The spiced liquid is surprisingly cold. Considering this is is not a cold evening, and there is a fire warming the room.

"Mages bleed like anyone else, as I said. So if they don't see their enemy coming, well... I once heard of a fellow who was suspected of being a mage.. A baker. One day they found him wedged into his oven. Not sure how that happened, must have crawled inside to clean it and gotten stuck. Then his apprentice comes in, lights a fire...The rest is history. Money is a lure. And not a very good one for the risk incurred."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:24 pm »

"Admittedly true, though I don't think you realize the resources at my disposal. What if I told you that I knew people that could, in theory, get them diplomatic immunity. And possibly political power..."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 27, 2012, 07:03:00 pm »

[?,?]
After a few weeks, the men of the Ligorian army begin to talk. What thye've been talking about has had some mixed reaction from the troops, but apparently someone in their ranks has started trying to cause for the new leadership. Over the last week, however, the talk has gotten a bit drastic. Comments of outright treason have been made, and after a very small handful of remarks to superior officers the originator of these comments is brought before one of the ranking officers - who, after a short investigation, learns that the man in question has virutally no combat knowledge and after only the slightest threat of torture now knows who he is and who sent him. Immediately afterward he is summarily executed and a report is sent to the Lord Protector detailing the incident.

-1 Spy in Ligoria
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 27, 2012, 07:40:57 pm »

Bloody spies..."

They were nearing the border,and Nikephoros was thinking about discussing the plan of battle with Tala. But in reality situation was bloody straight. There was little that these nobles could potentially do, as he quickly moved. But that incident did raise few questions. Was this man sent by someoen form the border, or was it a job of someone beyond the border? Too late to wonder or ask, the man was dead. It would be nice to get a fuller details, but at least he knew that the officers knew what to do.

As they were closing to the border, Nkephoros, spoke to Tala, who rode beside him.
"Tala, I want you to do some diplomacy. It will be a fairly straightforward affair an you will have a solid backing. If we split now, we will surprise our targets before they will be abnle to raise their defences. I want Sir Timothy brought to me, either peacefuly convinced or brought by force. I will make my quarter at De Plume estate. The others shall be dealt with by letter."

Nikephoros quickly marches to De Plume estate and makes his quarter at her manor, surprising her and forcing her to surrender. He then sends summons to Blackadder and Sir Hopper to meet him at De Plume Manor and sends Tala with 2 regiments (Pikemen and Heavy cohort) to Sir Timothy to have him brought before Nikephoros.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:43:31 pm by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 27, 2012, 07:51:02 pm »

Nikephoros quickly marches to De Plume estate and makes his quarter at her manor, surprising her and forcing her to surrender. He then sends summons to Blackadder and Sir Hopper to meet him at De Plume Manor and sends Tala with 2 regiments (Pikemen and Heavy cohort) to Sir Timothy to have him brought before Nikephoros.
[6,?,?] What De Plume estate? Your men tromp into her forested lands intent on using them as a base of operations..And all you find is burnt out ruins and scattered farm tools half buried by moss and time. Curiously enough, you didn't even see any peasants on your way here.through her lands. Night descends while you search for sign of her. These woods are fairly creepy at night and you can clearly tell how she gained a reputation as a witch.
[4] Attempts to allay the fears of your men go well, but they still post a double guard around the camp. You may of course, still send out riders to Blackadder III and Sir Hopper.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 27, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »

While he expected some sort of sign of life, Nikephoros was quite surprised by the emptiness. Where did that crazy woman reside and how does she maintain herself? The woods would be a good source of building material for the ships though, and the untouched soil must be quite fertile, he quickly noted to himself.
There was no point sitting there though, with the onset of morning, Nikephoros decided to join up with Tala at the August estate and make his quarters there. If such place existed.

With the onset of morning, leave the woods and join up with Tala at the August estate to make camp there. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 27, 2012, 08:36:41 pm »

Tala had agreed.

"It will be done, Marshall.

In any case, do be careful of Baroness De Plume. She's quite versed in warfare on a psychological and asymmetric level."

A hour later, she had rode toward Sir Timothys estate, soldiers in tow.

Action: Attempt to reign in Sir Timothy through diplomacy, or failing that, force. Try to be extraordinarily charming.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »

[?,?,?, 3.]

Tala Alanis, You arrive to find the estate of one Sir Timothy August in flames. Two sides seem to be locked in conflict, though one side is endeavoring to retreat. You can clearly see the standard of Sir Timothy being flown. Before you have a chance to intervene, the retreating side makes good its retreat. You ride up, to find Sir Timothy moderately wounded. He does not seem pleased to see you.

"So. You'd be the Ligorian 'ambassador' this time. Well. I will say I have decided to reconsider my stance regarding joining your fair country. My lands have just been raided and burnt by that vile witch De Plume. As such I believe I am less a prize, but still. Provided the terms are the same, I agree. My lands, for a Ligorian title of Nobility and control over my lands. I trust this is acceptable to the Republic? I of course have a single demand.

Baroness De Plume, must die by my hand."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:21:49 pm by Terenos »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 27, 2012, 08:51:23 pm »

"Now, now... Keep your... P-public opinions to yourself, Will... Wouldn't want to... Offend the... Girl, now, w-would we?"

Kathos winked towards the waitress.

He looks at the waitress again. His voice saddens a bit.
"Oops...sorrey. You know...my little sister had-d hair like hers. S-She was a ni-ce person..."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 27, 2012, 08:56:22 pm »

"I... Uh... I didn't know you had a... Sister..."

Kathos understood, somehow, that this was a soapy slope. Thankfully, he had designed a master plan to distract William and keep him from thinking about that: more alcool.

"Barkeep! Some wine for me and my friend here!"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:04:38 pm by Shootandrun »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »

"Yeah...died-d when I-I was like...six or s-seven. Yeah, lets-s get some more drinks her-here."

"Y-you know, I think we are getting a b-bit too drunk...the st-reets of L-Lonemine are dan-ger-ous...after dark...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 220