Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231917 times)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1560 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:20 am »

Everything went even better than expected. More than a ducat earned and he barely had to do anything more than just sailing to Vasir! The Storm Coast was a land of opportunity after all.

Unfortunately, this was one of those cities where everything was horribly expensive. Nothing here could be bought that could be sold with profit in Ligoria. It seemed like a horrible waste to sail back with the hold empty, but it was much better than wasting money...

However, Republing of Groan was somewhere nearby. If the rumors in the market were true, grain there was dirt-cheap even in winter. Not to mention swines, which may have been somewhat unpleasant to transport, but also plentiful. Both of these product could be sold at a nice price in Ligoria. Especially now, with this war looming on the horizon...

Sail to Acre (Aching), buy pigs if possible. Otherwise buy grain.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:35 am »

"Indeed, general, I wanted to talk about the war plan, and a few other things. I heard a few weeks ago that nobody was killed when the Dragon Empire managed to take Mileth. Of course, this changes everything.

This will not be my first war, general. I besieged many cities during my life, and I never lost a battle. When I first heard about the fall of Mileth, I thought we were simply going to surround the city with our allies, build a few siege engines, destroy the walls and eliminate any resistance. Of course, I do not think we can do that anymore. If citizens die during the siege, they might not see us as liberators. That means we can either take the city with fire and sword, and accept the fact that we will have no support from the population once the battle is over, or find a way to end this without shedding blood."

Kathos paused for a few seconds.

"Of course, you know all of these things, general. I wanted to ask: how are you going to take the city?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 20, 2011, 09:13:03 am »

"The takeover of Mileth was not that peaceful, with some fighting on the walls, although it was unusually light. To say the least however, I don't think people are thrilled with paying tribute to someone who simply walks into their town. But you are quite right, bloodshed needs to be avoided if we want to create a good image.

Hah, good image. Since when an old soldier like me has to worry about that? I guess that is what the position of general means. I assume that having a numerical superiority and surrounding the town will have sufficient effect on our enemy. They know it will all end in a bloodbath and if we give them an opportunity of surrender and a safe passage, I doubt that the commanding officer on thier side will refuse.
If he will be enough of a fool to actually say no, then I am afraid we will have to do things the old-fashioned way and hope that that civilians will stay out of the way as much as they can. Imperial presence cannot be tolerated.

Nikephoros' voice then got quieter.

There is also nother issue relating to the queen. Its not something to be talked about lightly, so I will simply ask you: Are you prepared to do what its needed to preserve Ligoria and the Crown?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:15:44 am by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 20, 2011, 09:53:12 am »

"Always. Why?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 20, 2011, 11:37:52 am »

I have an offer for you. It may sound shady, but I propose we talk about it outside of this walls, in a more secure location, like that tower that our chief diplomat Avitus wants to use for his University. We can go there now if you have nothing against it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 20, 2011, 12:21:49 pm »

Kathos hesitated for a few seconds, but his voice was steady when he answered.

"Interesting. Lead the way, general."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 20, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »

"Not really. I've used a sword before, but not much."

"Would you like Crimson Guard Basic Training, except without all the barbwire whips, beatings, mental torture, starvation and dehydration training?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 20, 2011, 01:14:26 pm »

Thomas cringed a bit at the many painful-sounding training bits. "Err... perhaps we should wait until we land to discuss such things."
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 20, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »

William's smile twitched upwards at the ends when he noticed Thomas cringing.
"All right then. Is there anything you need to say?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 20, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »

Sometime eventually...

Tala didn't waste much time attending to her swordsmanship practice. It wasn't like street fighting, exactly...but it sort of was. Real combat like this was quick, brutal and unfair. Her instructors had taught her to be aggressive-most men would overpower her in a straight fight, or endure longer in a long one-so a woman like her had to fight nimble, quick and decisive, and not allow them a chance to draw out a fight to their advantage. Sometimes she imagined striking down Laythe, other times William, even Nikephoros a few times, but even she admitted to herself the last one was not very likely. All persons best struck down from ambush, of course, but fantasy has no logic...

Action:Continue Sword Practice!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 20, 2011, 01:30:53 pm »

Avitus was waiting on the fifth floor of the old watchtower when Nikephoros walked in, followed by Kathos Thunderblade. He walked towards them.
"Ah, welcome gentlemen. I assume you are Lord Thunderblade? We haven't really had the pleasure to meet since I arrived in Talama. Close the door behind you, my bodyguard Ulrich will stay outside"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 20, 2011, 01:46:37 pm »

Thank you Avitus. I believe that Baron Thunderblade is a man that we can trust. I am but a mere soldier, so I will leave the political explanation of what we are about to do to you, Avitus.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 20, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »

Well, then. Ite had finished studying the gun, and had a small pile of sketches on it's workings. The next step was overcoming the problem of producing large numbers of guns in a relatively small time period. He smiled. An idea was forming in his head...

Ite attempts to design a gun that can be easily assembled from a set of mass produced simple parts, making any improvements he can to the original gun design.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 20, 2011, 01:59:09 pm »

"No, I have nothing more to say, Lord Blackrose."
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 20, 2011, 02:03:52 pm »

"Call me William. Oh well... Don't let me detain you."
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 220