Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231757 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »

Laythe looked down upon Talama from the palace, her eyes usually drawn to the arena, A work which seems out of place due to it's design.

"Jacobo! Are there any games being run in the arena?"

See if there are any fights, tounaments or any other sort of sport going on in the arena this summer.
((At work so sorry it's a little less than fluffy))
[4] Seems there are some minor contests going on in the arena, nothing major currently. Seems they're barely combat related - unless you include the fights that break out between the spectators
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »

"Well, I guess that knocks off my summer entertainment, And I can't fund any of it until next year..."

"Jacobo, get some of the couriers here, I want to send a few messages..."

Send several messengers to the unaffiliated lands, and ask if they'd like to join the kingdom of Ligoria.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:12 pm »

Last season:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sent this season
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2011, 12:10:20 am »

Retroactive actions roll for spring

For [the rest of the season (unless something happens)] Hugo catches up on his painting backlog. Notable pieces in this period include 'Nude with blindfold', graciously donated to a common whorehouse to 'replace damaged goods', 'Dim sunrise', an intriguing rendering of a sunrise done without using any bright colours or sharp lines, and 'The faceless regiment', a scene set in a barracks wherein every soldier's face is either turned away from the artist, or hidden behind something else. Numerous minor pieces were painted as well, primarily portraits for idle merchants and other minor commissions, probably for the sole purpose of earning money.

Hugo attempts to sell his paintings for profit

I devised a new system for you!
Spoiler: Fear me (click to show/hide)

2.01d gained in sales
2Fame gained

2.01d
Fame: 16
Skill: 1 (20/100)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:13:48 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2011, 08:20:10 am »

Etiac bit his lip. This was the new Baron? He should've guessed. He would have to pay more attention the street rumours in the future. He considered the nobleman's offer, still wary he'd get a knife in his back the moment he got out of the door. Oh well. Sometimes you had to take a few risks.

'Ah, apologies, my lord. I would've thought a man of your stature would have guards with him. But I doubt you'd have much need for them anyhow.' he said. 'Your offer is strangely generous, but what the hell, I'll take it. I'm yours to command, Baron... what was your, again?'

He nodded towards the gambling table. 'Say, why don't we play a game of cards to cement our new agreement? It's a little local game called Crow's Draw, real simple. Low-stakes, unless you're in the mood for something bigger.'

((If William agrees, I'd like somone to roll for the game. If you want to include flavor, check my last big post for the general idea and go wild.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2011, 08:42:26 am »

"The Name is William...Oh I do have guards. They are over at that table." William points to where his guards are taking sips of beer. They wave, if on cue.

"But fine lets play a game."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:17:25 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2011, 01:04:54 pm »

Retcyl, my friend.

Fate has treated me kindly, and my artwork has done a brisk trade.  I feel confident that I could get work started on the reconstruction of the inn within the month if you provide me with 2 ducats worth of funds, with further work requiring 3-4 ducats, depending on how well I know my architecture. Word has it that a Hacturi recently acquired a substantial loan, which I assume was you, or one of your companions, so I trust there will be no problem in finding the funds required. If not, perhaps the queen might be willing to spare a ducat or two.
I have considered an alternate source of income, though the specifics are complex, and I would not wish to bore you with an extended description. Perhaps if you return to town I might explain it to you in person, but not in a short letter.
Yours,

Hugo van Vissersdorp.

Hugo folded up the parchment and sealed it with a blob of wax, and placed it in a pocket to be handed over to a messenger headed into the countryside later.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »

Spoiler: Card Game (click to show/hide)

"Good game, Mr.Belladom."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »

'Oh yes, well played. Feel free to come down here any time for another round.' Etiac says, accepting the silvers with a nod of thanks. He scoops them up into his bag, smiling as he feels its weight in his hand.

'So, how exactly will we go about this? Will you contact me? I doubt I'll be changing inns for a while, and I don't think you'll allow me to choose whenever I want to work.' he says, grinning.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2011, 01:38:39 pm »

"You can do whatever the hell you want, until your needed. Check in every once and a while and maybe I'll have something for you to do.  But you'll need to come with me so I can go and find a paper with my Sigil on it in the mess of my tent or stay here for a bit and I'll send it to you. Either way," here he pauses and draws out a map on a piece of paper he pulled from his pocket.
"Come to this place...five weeks from now if you don't come now. Don't arrive in time and I'll put a wolfs-head on you in the criminal fraternity, of exactly what I was going to pay you."
He picks up the beer and drains it, before turning and leaving the bar. His guards carry the drunken Herald out on their backs. A pile of silver, to pay for the drinks sits on the table right next to the mug.

William heads back to his Tent City in his property and doesn't return until summer.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:48:28 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2011, 03:41:13 pm »

Where was Kawakai? He still wanted that blueprint and now he had received important news from Hugo. He knew Kawakai had gotten a loan and right now the money was needed...Or he could go back to town himself and speak to Hugo...decisions....Well he might as well hear out Hugo, and besides, William won't mine if the men stay here a bit longer...

But first he should talk to Kawakai.

Retcyl opened the tent flap and called out to a nearby guard.

"Yes ambassador?"

"Bring the mechanic Kawakai here."

"Yes ambassador."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

Again a messenger came through the tent "Rectyl wants to see you... he also wanted me to ask you about the mill". Bother Kawakai had forgotten that, quickly she squibbled some designs onto a sheet of parchment

Spoiler: Back View (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Side View (click to show/hide)

"OK, lead the way then" and so the messenger did, she entered Rectyl's tent and waited for him to speak.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

"Ah, good. Kawkai we've received a message from our dear friend Hugo. Here, read it."

Retcyl hands over the message to Kawakai.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2011, 04:25:48 pm »

"Two ducats... quite a bit but then again it'll all go into the hacturi embassy one way or another, alright then. I might as well send it all if he's getting started" Kawakai took of her satchel and passed it too Rectyl [the satchel contains 4.85 ducats and the region map she drew] "hmm... Hugo's an artist, I drew a map of the region you can send that too Hugo as well, he might be able to find a vendor" is that everything? Kawakai wondered... oh one last thing. Kawakai handed Rectyl the mill blueprints "I think you wanted these". Hopefully when august came she'd have a little bit of cash in her pocket again from the embassy, she'd earnt it for sure.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:34:51 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:39 pm »

A meeting with Kawakai...

"Yes...this map will be useful...I'll be sure to mention it to Hugo. Also we might not need the money, so I may bring your ducats back. Oh, one more thing, Karafs is in charge while I'm away. Follow his orders."

"That should be all Kawakai, if you have no more questions, then you are dismissed."

Right after...

With the mechanic gone, Retcyl could go too. He called in Karafs and briefed him on hid duties, and right after that, left for the city.

Get back to the city and meet with Hugo

((You can go ahead and use Karafs if you want. I  however might  also use him.))

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:04:32 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 220