Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 288762 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #2070 on: December 01, 2011, 08:42:49 pm »

The police have shotguns too, and not many more qualms about using them than about pepper spraying peaceful protesters. Going there with a shotgun is just giving them an excuse to do so. If you're that afraid of being spayed, you should consider not attending
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 01, 2011, 09:42:54 pm »

If you're that afraid of being [pepper] spayed, you should consider not attending
Holy balls that would hurt.

I have heard an idea for a bunch of protesters to all get riot suits and nightsticks, but then use hugs instead of spraying and smashing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 01, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »

I have heard an idea for a bunch of protesters to all get riot suits and nightsticks, but then use hugs instead of spraying and smashing.
I think they should get riot suits and shields, then mirror all of the police formations.  Nonviolent, very strange looking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 01, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »

This is why I couldn't be a police officer.  I would go berserk on my superiors the first time I'm ordered to do something like that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:50:20 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 01, 2011, 09:47:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think they should get riot suits and shields, then mirror all of the police formations.  Nonviolent, very strange looking.

You'd want to be careful about that, if you look too much like the cops, they'll bust you for impersonating police officers. Or they'll just arrest you for something like "equipped to cause an affray."

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 01, 2011, 09:56:23 pm »

You'd want to be careful about that, if you look too much like the cops, they'll bust you for impersonating police officers. Or they'll just arrest you for something like "equipped to cause an affray."
Bright pink riot armor, "OCCUPY" on all the shield fronts. Can't mistake that for cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:35 pm »

Use highly padded bear suits, instead.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 01, 2011, 10:07:49 pm »

This means, of course, suits that look like bears, not suits made for fighting bears.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 01, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »

Or suits made of bears.

Dyed pink, of course.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 01, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »

Bright pink riot armor, "OCCUPY" on all the shield fronts. Can't mistake that for cops.

Nope. Bright, neon pink/green/orange dazzle camouflage. They can't pepper-spray you if it's physically painful to look at you for too long.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 01, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »

Nope. Bright, neon pink/green/orange dazzle camouflage. They can't pepper-spray you if it's physically painful to look at you for too long.

Ahh, so merely crimes against fashion... :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 02, 2011, 01:23:34 am »

Or better yet, a baseball bat and shotgun.

DC has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.  If you are looking for ways to give cops perfectly legitimate reasons to arrest you, there are much easier ones.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:14 am »

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 02, 2011, 11:05:36 am »

I started the video and then got my coffee, missing the first seconds of it and assumed the island was a metaphor for the USA went all "what the hell are you talking about you're the one's-" and the there was a huge "Oh" moment and then I rewatched it.

He puts it very well. I'm not certain if it's actually as deliberate as he makes it seem, but yeah, that's pretty much the pattern there, and it keeps on being painted.
Love, scriver~

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2084 on: December 02, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »

If you're that afraid of being [pepper] spayed, you should consider not attending
Holy balls that would hurt.

They'd have to be nuts...

It'd be a pretty ballsy move, that's for sure.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 297