Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 288767 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #2055 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »

A three-hundredth of the nation in one place? That seems a little....impossible. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 01, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »

This G+ page just popped up.  Occupy Congress

Don't know who is really behind it or if they have any reason to expect those numbers.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 01, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »

This G+ page just popped up.  Occupy Congress

Don't know who is really behind it or if they have any reason to expect those numbers.

Holy shit.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 01, 2011, 06:50:01 pm »

Occupy Congress now getting attention on Reddit.

Whoever is promoting this is doing it right.  Many of the comments are promising to be there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 01, 2011, 07:22:05 pm »

It looks like Occupy is hoping to organize 1,000,000 people in D.C. on Jan 17th

Sweet.  I'll be in the middle of break and within driving distance of DC.  Occupation Ho!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:36 pm »

It looks like Occupy is hoping to organize 1,000,000 people in D.C. on Jan 17th

Sweet.  I'll be in the middle of break and within driving distance of DC.  Occupation Ho!

Bring your lime juice n' shit

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 01, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »

If anyone here is going and will be going from the Boston area, I could definitely use a ride...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »

If you are going, bring some goggles. How many people need to have pepper spray in their eyes before someone thinks to equip some goggles?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

Because the goggles, they do nothing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 01, 2011, 08:31:15 pm »

Pepper spray can effect your bare skin, but it effects your eyes more, so the goggles probably are a good idea.

Then again, you could just show up with a fiberglass shield of your own if you want to be protected.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:22 pm »

Pepper spray can effect your bare skin, but it effects your eyes more, so the goggles probably are a good idea.

Then again, you could just show up with a fiberglass shield of your own if you want to be protected.

Or better yet, a baseball bat and shotgun.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 01, 2011, 08:36:49 pm »

Or a lawyer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »

Or better yet, a baseball bat and shotgun.
That is anti helpful.

Marten Luther, not Malcolm X.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 01, 2011, 08:38:55 pm »

Or a lawyer.

Yeah, that'll work too. You can hit the lawyer with the baseball bat or as a shotgun shell aiming at police, but I say baseball bat and shotgun because I'm not putting up with those fuckers spraying pepper spray onto, especially after a recent incident I saw on the news.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 01, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »

Don't go advocating criminal violence. Partly because that's exactly the wrong kind of argument to be making, and partly because Toady doesn't tolerate advocating criminal acts on the forum.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 297