Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Games for 1st graders  (Read 2425 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Games for 1st graders
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »

Prefferabley online btw
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »

Whit online as in flash
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 06:47:59 pm »

Hands-down, Pajama Sam. Those games (I think that there are 3) were beastly awesome point-and-click adventure games aimed at kids about that age group. I played them as a kid, and I still get awesome nostalgia from them. They're also challenging enough to keep a kid going for some time. I didn't actually beat the third one until I gave it another shot at age 13.

And Putt-putt (whatever the purple car was called) by that same company. Because that game was awesome, too.
By the company, Humongous: (in order of difficulty)

Putt Putt
Freddi Fish
Pajama Sam
Spy Fox

Man I loved those games. Also, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Trackmania Nations (without online support, of course) if the computers can handle 3D well.

Oh, Freddi Fish! I forgot that one. I remember playing that game in Kindergarten, took me a long time to figure out how to beat it.

Prefferabley online btw

As in online multiplayer? Why would you ever, ever let a 1st grader play an online internet game? At least one with chat? That could end quite badly.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 06:49:00 pm »

I think he means games that can run in a browser as opposed to installing because the school has draconian policies on computer rights.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 06:50:58 pm »

I think he means games that can run in a browser as opposed to installing because the school has draconian policies on computer rights.
Yes that's what I meant

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »

Bob Came in Pieces:  You fly around in a little UFO solving physics puzzles.  You also get to design your UFO by plugging random bits into it, which can be hilarious.
Toki Tori:  A puzzle game where you collect eggs as a chicken.

Edit:  Oh, browser games.  I have no idea then.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:53:49 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »

The Warcraft and Diablo series.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »

I think the game was called sput the roboastronaut or something. I'm not sure if it was dutch only but that game was awesome. I knew how to multiply back when I was 5 and was extremely good at doing calculations by head for years to come. Must say I've slaundered that skill a bit.. 8)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »

Hands-down, Pajama Sam. Those games (I think that there are 3) were beastly awesome point-and-click adventure games aimed at kids about that age group. I played them as a kid, and I still get awesome nostalgia from them. They're also challenging enough to keep a kid going for some time. I didn't actually beat the third one until I gave it another shot at age 13.

And Putt-putt (whatever the purple car was called) by that same company. Because that game was awesome, too.
By the company, Humongous: (in order of difficulty)

Putt Putt
Freddi Fish
Pajama Sam
Spy Fox

Man I loved those games. Also, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Trackmania Nations (without online support, of course) if the computers can handle 3D well.

Oh man, I had a freddie game on a floppy. I remember spending HOURS on it on the old Windows 98. Spy Fox was awesome too. Nostalgia. Nostalgia. Nostalgia!  :'(

EDIT: I also had a game about a SCUBA diver treasure hunter on a floppy. Was alot like a point n' click but you fought undersea creatures. I only have vague memories of it but I REALLY want to remember what it was called.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:22:19 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 07:25:33 pm »

Strongly seconding transformice. You could have a private room with all of the grade playing the game. Everyone would have to work together to complete a goal, shit would be cash.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 08:11:02 pm »

Strongly seconding transformice. You could have a private room with all of the grade playing the game. Everyone would have to work together to complete a goal, shit would be cash.

That actually isn't that bad of an idea, although I'm not sure how good it'd work with 1st graders.

I liked Transformice before it got ultra-popular and griefer filled...the whole 'every man for themselves but if you don't work together you all die horrible deaths when the Shaman gets angry' mentality of the thing was pretty interesting.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 09:18:45 pm »

Crayon physics?
Or even better
Make them play dem licensed disney games

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »

Whit online as in flash
O.k., try any of these:
http://www.flashphysicsgames.com/
http://www.physicsgames.net/
It's what it says on the tin. Try for example Fantastic Contraption - not only teaches lateral thinking and creativity, but gives an intuition for many physics-related problems that the kids are going to encounter later on in their education.
Generally, you can't go wrong with physics-based games.

Zachtronics Industries games(http://www.zachtronicsindustries.com/) are probably way too difficult for 1st graders, but should you have a young genius there, you can challenge him/her with one of these.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 07:39:59 am »

Portal is free to download until the 29th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 [2] 3