Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 63717 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 4.11pm: Trial of the Dragon!
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2011, 08:28:25 am »

"Well, hol-ee shit how did they think up something this boring."
Danny's eyes (probably surrounded by swelling) dart up to the clock, then back to the screen. Surely this pointless task was all just some new-colleague hazing, and they didn't really expect him to do it? But then again, he could be wrong. Damnit, they didn't tell him about this kinda stuff at job edu-- Oh wait, he didn't pay attention at job education class. Shit. Well, best to be on the safe side.

He groans, shifts in his seat and rubs at his bruised head, then continues. But to keep himself amused, he begins slightly changing the words of the various people, so that rather than discussing... Well, whatever boring crap they're on about, they're discussing Gencorp's villainous, sci-fi movie style plot to take over the world, through use of giant robots! Just like in that movie he saw that one time.
Danny snickers as he types, thinking himself very funny. And after all, if someone actually reads this rubbish, he can just blame ghosts, or terrorists, or dark magicians or something for screwing with the servers. He pauses periodically to wipe blood off his face, rub his head and glance around to make sure no bosses/fellow employees are sneaking up on him.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:03 am »

Tracy screamed and knocked the severed foot off her face. "I just want to fit in, I just want to fit in, I just want to fit in!!!" she babbled. Slowly, painfully, she dragged herself behind the reception desk and hid herself from the horrors in front of her. In doing so she noticed two things that she desperately needed. One was a medical kit. The other was the report she needed to type up. That's it! If I type up this report I'll definitely fit in! She dragged herself in to the receptionist chair and brought up MicroElf Word 2011, preparing to type like she had never typed before!
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2011, 05:22:55 pm »

Powder Woodcutter knew he was probably screwed. The only thing he could beat the elf bowmen with was throwing his chainsaw. CHAINSAW TOSS ULTIMATE ABILITY GOOOO!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »

RELEASE FISTS OF RAGE ON SWAT.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2011, 04:37:22 am »

Awesome. Just need Firelordsky and Noodlerex to post and I can do the turn.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2011, 04:52:59 am »

Go and get a coffee and ask one of the IT drones to help me find out who hacked my blog on the way back, preferably one I haven't written about.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2011, 05:51:40 am »

If only GenCorp had invented the perpetual motion mist generator....

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:52 pm »

Go SSJ5 and proceed to dominate them using awesome breakage of the laws of the physics.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 4.28pm: Multistaff Announcement!
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2011, 03:31:59 am »

Monday: 4.28pm

RELEASE FISTS OF RAGE ON SWAT.

Leaping out of the janitorial cupboard in which you so miserably failed to upgrade your melee weapon, you release your FIST OF RAGE on the SWAT team stalking down the corridor [1]. The FIST OF RAGE explodes! The SWAT team disintegrates in a shower of pure RAGE! Your arm is split asunder! The pain is great!

Melee weapon lost! FIST OF RAGE

Morale Drop! Only got one arm!
Morale Drop! This hurts!
Morale Drop! Extreme bleeding!
Fail! Destroyed a SWAT team!
Fail! Not doing your research!

Task Assigned! Continue your research!

Failure Rating: 19.
Morale: -5.

Powder Woodcutter knew he was probably screwed. The only thing he could beat the elf bowmen with was throwing his chainsaw. CHAINSAW TOSS ULTIMATE ABILITY GOOOO!

Defiant till the end, you refuse to yield! You activate CHAIN-KATANA TOSS ULTIMATE ABILITY, hurling the CHAIN-KATANA directly at the three dozen SWAT officers aiming their MP5s at you. It strikes the officer holding the megaphone who demanded your surrender! It passes directly through him! His blood sprays out! The CHAIN-KATANA flies along on its fearful and bloody path of destruction, cutting a swathe straight through the SWAT platoon, before returning in a miraculous arc of boomerangic death, as if guided by the God of Dwarven blood-doom himself. It airbursts immediately above the SWAT teams! They are shattered! They are struck down! Every surface within one hundred feet is covered in blood and pancreases! The handle of the CHAIN-KATANA is all that remains, and flies straight at your crawling body. It slices off your other leg [6].

Morale Boost! Powder Woodcutter: No-Legged Dwarven Warrior!!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your left leg!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your right leg!
Morale Drop! No CHAIN-KATANA!
Morale Boost! DESTRUCTO-HURL!
Fail! Mass Police Officer Murderer!
Fail! On Company Time!

Failure Rating: 49.
Morale: 8.

Powder Woodcutter has gone more berserk.

Warning! Warning! You have reached ULTRAFAIL! At this level of incompetence, all GenCorp staff are encouraged to slay you mercilessly and will receive tax-free cash and Morale bonuses for doing so! You will not be fired!

"Well, hol-ee shit how did they think up something this boring."
Danny's eyes (probably surrounded by swelling) dart up to the clock, then back to the screen. Surely this pointless task was all just some new-colleague hazing, and they didn't really expect him to do it? But then again, he could be wrong. Damnit, they didn't tell him about this kinda stuff at job edu-- Oh wait, he didn't pay attention at job education class. Shit. Well, best to be on the safe side.

He groans, shifts in his seat and rubs at his bruised head, then continues. But to keep himself amused, he begins slightly changing the words of the various people, so that rather than discussing... Well, whatever boring crap they're on about, they're discussing Gencorp's villainous, sci-fi movie style plot to take over the world, through use of giant robots! Just like in that movie he saw that one time.
Danny snickers as he types, thinking himself very funny. And after all, if someone actually reads this rubbish, he can just blame ghosts, or terrorists, or dark magicians or something for screwing with the servers. He pauses periodically to wipe blood off his face, rub his head and glance around to make sure no bosses/fellow employees are sneaking up on him.

You write what you consider to be an awesome screenplay about ghostly GenCorp robo-terrorists fighting the Dark Magicians of Freedom in a post-capitalist world. It’s tremendously funny, but you can’t quite shake the feeling you’ve seen something similar before. You’ve pretty much finished when you realise it must just about be time to go home [5].

Morale Boost! Hilarious and dark script!
Morale Boost! Perhaps you’ll be famous!
Success! Minuted the tediously long teleconference!

Task Completed! Minuted the tediously long teleconference!

Failure Rating: 20.
Morale: -15.

Warning! Your morale level indicates that you are close to depression. This will affect your ability to work.

Tracy screamed and knocked the severed foot off her face. "I just want to fit in, I just want to fit in, I just want to fit in!!!" she babbled. Slowly, painfully, she dragged herself behind the reception desk and hid herself from the horrors in front of her. In doing so she noticed two things that she desperately needed. One was a medical kit. The other was the report she needed to type up. That's it! If I type up this report I'll definitely fit in! She dragged herself in to the receptionist chair and brought up MicroElf Word 2011, preparing to type like she had never typed before!

You type the crap out of that damned report, knowing that it’s your last chance for social salvation [4]. It’s a masterpiece! You email it to every employee of GenCorp, signing “Tracy xxx” at the bottom. They’ll all love you now! Then you spot the first aid kit under the desk, and in your success-fueled enthusiasm you figure why not patch yourself up?

You start applying a bandage to your awful facial wounds and wrap a long clean bandage around your head. As you go to trim it down to a manageable length with the surgical scissors though, you slice off your ear! Blood pours down your neck! In your hysterical panic you hardly notice the GenCorp employees start to stream out of the building [1]. It’s home time.

Morale Boost! Finally you’ll be able to fit in!
Morale Drop! Arggh! The horror! Perhaps you won’t!
Morale Drop! Argggghhh! The blood!
Success! Got that report typed up!
Success! Assisting reception!

Task Completed! Typed up the report!
Task Completed! Assisted reception!

Failure Rating: 42.
Morale: -18.

Warning! Your morale level indicates that you are close to depression. This will affect your ability to work.

Warning! You have reached MEGAFAIL! You are NOT IMPORTANT enough to be fired by BRUCE HALFORD HIMSELF, although you ARE blessed to have seen him. Your Morale is NEGATIVELY affected by your impending unemployment.

Go SSJ5 and proceed to dominate them using awesome breakage of the laws of the physics.

You try to transform into a fictional character using sheer force of will [1]: your hair explodes! You grow a tail! Luckily you have more… luck [4] in breaking the laws of physics, and when the DeathBot shoots its laser-based raygun at you, you hold up your hand and reflect it directly back!  It reflects directly back off the DeathBot! The deathray is trapped in an infernal loop!

You notice it is time to clock off for the day.

Success! Guarding reception!
Morale Drop! Smashed crotch!
Morale Drop! Smashed knees!
Morale Drop! Severed foot!
Morale Drop! Impending doom!

Task Completed! Guarded reception a bit!

Failure Rating: 7.
Morale: -15.

Go and get a coffee and ask one of the IT drones to help me find out who hacked my blog on the way back, preferably one I haven't written about.

Returning from your meeting, you grab a coffee from the HR-only fresh coffee cafetiere. You feel mightily revived! You go off to search for an IT worker to help you with your hacked blog problem, and you successfully bribe one with fresh coffee.

He works out who hacked your blog: it’s your brother! The dude from IT gets so into his counter-hacking in fact that he hacks your brother’s email and finds out about his blog! You read all his dirty anonymously posted secrets! You cut and paste them directly onto your own blog! You weren’t adopted! You’re not being divorced! You haven’t been sacked! You’re in your parents’ will! You call your parents [6].

Screw you, “brother”! You’re going home!

Success Nice coffee!
Morale Boost! ENORMOGOSSIP!

Task Assigned Attend licensed janitor accreditation morning tomorrow!

Failure Rating: 4.
Morale: -1.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The holographic face of the handsome BRUCE HALFORD descends from the ceiling in front of GenCorp’s latest crop of recruits.

MULTISTAFF ANNOUNCEMENT!

FOR YOU CHOSEN FEW, IT IS TIME TO GO HOME! BUT YOU SHALL RETURN TOMORROW! PLEASE REPORT AT 9AM SHARP AT TESTING RANGE ER ROOM RED SEVEN 47!

…   …   …   …   …   …

How do you get home?

Anything particular you might do there?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:04 am »

Drag self home, ripping people apart with the chain-katana handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2011, 08:40:28 am »

"Heh heh heh... Oh jeez, time to go!"
Danny glanced up, saw the clock, got up and printed off a few copies of his 'work', then headed out, tucking the pages into a pocket/jacket/pants. Hey, not too bad for his first day, right? He'd only been horribly injured about... Well, he couldn't remember how many times, but he was still alive, so whatever.
He'll wave happily to any co-workers, provided they don't attempt to murder him, and will nervously avoid any mutilated corpses or other signs of destruction. Yes, even if it means going quite far out of his way; this workplace is like that.
Once home, here's Danny's Mental To-Do list:

1) Say hi to flatmates, apply ancient bag of frozen peas from the freezer to various bruises, shower and get over the horrible trials of his first day at work.
2) Contact his laid-back, sunglass-wearing friend, Rick, who claims to be a big-shot in the film industry, (which is why he never does any real work) and enquire as to how he'd go about publishing his totally-awesome screenplay. Rick can probably be found hanging out at the Employment office. 
3) Check fridge/freezer of apartment for any food; fry it up. Eat.
4) Collapse and start snoring. Wait not before setting out everything for work tomor- Aw, crap.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:13:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:39 am »

Tracy tries desperately to stop the blood from streaming down her face. Scooping up her ear she proceeds to elbow her way out the door and then runs to the closest ER to get her ear sowed back on. She'll probably end up spending the night in the hospital... :(
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2011, 12:02:46 pm »

Reequip FIST OF RAGE. Then go to the cat-woman, and offer to walk her home.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:33 pm »

Break more laws of teh physics via a Aperture Science Portal Gun in my hands and thinking with Portals to get home, and when i do get home I do surgery on myself and fixing my body.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »

Walk home past the gym gazing into the female aerobics class as I go.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27