Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281603 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1005 on: November 10, 2011, 04:30:25 am »

((I can't type anymore, i'm about to pass out from tiredness, for real it's 4:29 AM, sorry, but good night guys!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 10, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »

(Unless I'm mistaken it seems that the militia has left Charity and her husband alone. I'm also, going to assume she doesn't hear the sounds of the demons fighting several floors up and through several doors, because I don't want to make it any more of a clusterfuck of RP then it already is. Not that it isn't an awesome clusterfuck, just don't think Charity being involved would add much except more confusion.)

After the couple shares a tender moment and comforts their filly, Charity leaves to visit Thundersplinter in the Hospital. While Cryptson tries to fix the artifact door Otik knocked off it's hinges.  She arrives shortly after Bubbles finshed "sewing" up the wounds. Charity with tears in her eyes, throws herself at her friend, and through the tears, apologizes again and again, while trying to explain what happened. When Bubbles overhears that she was hit in the head, she will be checked for a concussion, before she heads home. Upon returning home, she lights a candle and starts to write in her journal.

Charity's Journal

I don't know exactly where to start. My family had just turned in for the night, and everything was normal, then in the middle of the night my door was kicked off it's hinges, and Otik, and three memebers of his pegasi squad, crossbows, readied and pointed at me, tried to take me away, and they would have if not for the bravery of Sargent Captain Carrot. (His actions will have definitely earned him a promotion) Carrot saw them taking me away and charged them, with an axe. I used my telekinesis to help him fight them off with the only heavy object available, my own *Cow Calf Bone Door*. And I called for my husband to grab his pick. But I'm no warrior and Otik hit me in the back of the head, and I dropped. What happened next, I only know from Cryptson's words. He told me that he and Carrot fought the pegasi until they retreated, said Psycho threw the door at Otik knocking him out of the air. Impressive. Then, Starkey came, and tried to convince them that I was responsible for the death of two ponies, and the wounding of Thundersplinter. During their talk I regained consiousness and told them the truth, they seemed to believe me since the Commander dropped down and then they left. I then went to the Hostpital to apologize to Thunder, I only hope she can believe me, and forgive me. I may not have given the order, but I still should have been present when the punishment was carried out, if I had been, then this tragedy never would have happened.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 10, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »

((if i'm not executed for hurling a door at someone, then thanks for promoting me!))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »

((if i'm not executed for hurling a door at someone, then thanks for promoting me!))

You threw the door at someone who was threatening the Countess, and proceeded to defend her against a much larger force. If that doesn't get you a medal and a promotion, I don't know what does. Also, all the captains, have 2x3 rooms instead of the 1x3 rooms average recruits and civilians have. Assuming you aren't about to die to whatever deamon craziness is going on. Carrot, and Kil are moving up in the world. Although you may have made an enemy out of Captain Otik, and I have a feeling the Commander doesn't like you, so you'll still have to deal with that.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 10, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »

"Khenal? Should I even bother asking you why there's flaming pony vaguely resembling friesden, directly in front of me? Or have I lost my marbles?" I ask, wearily.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »

"You still have your marbles, I think.  You also still have a daemon in you.  I'm not sure what's going on, but you and Friesden are both possessed by extraordinarily powerful daemons, and hers seems bent on destroying yours.  I...I don't think I can stop it either, at least not while keeping yours in check as well.  You need to oust it, and quickly."

While I talk with carrot, the chains continue their job of binding the daemon.  With it no longer actively struggling against the binding, the spell seems to be going well and strengthening quickly.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 10, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »

"Oh. Well, no sense in going insane until after the threat is gone. How do I get it out?"
'You will obey. kill-'
'shut up! This is MY body!'
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 05:04:45 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 10, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »

Fight back, damn you!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 10, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »

"What're you talking about?! I'm just a markspony! I don't even have my crossbow!"
                          \/
                      'KILL THEM!'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 10, 2011, 05:25:16 pm »

"You have to cast it out!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 10, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

"how?! Do I just tell it go away? Because I tried that!"
'Tasty memories, Psycho.'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 10, 2011, 05:35:27 pm »

"Confront it!  Grab the chains and drag it out if you have to!  Fight it with everything you have!"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »

"RAAGH! I think I just forgot my name! I dunno how much longer I can fight it before ending up like Friesden!"

Meanwhile, inside Psycho's head...

Psycho grabs the daemon by the throat, thinking he can suffocate it.
'HAHAHAAHHA! Pathetic! Can I another memory to eat?'
'I may not remember who I am anymore, but I do know that you must leave my body, FOR GOOD!!!!'
'HAH! That's rich!'
and with that, all the chains shatter to mind-dust.
'See? You cannot hope to defeat me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to eat some more memories.'
Psycho in both his mind, and in the real world, slumps to the ground crying.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 10, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »

The backlash of the chains shattering all at once sends Khenal to the floor in pain.

"C-Carrot!  You can't give up!  Fighting a daemon is all about will!  Remember what you fight for and don't let it go!"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 10, 2011, 05:51:47 pm »

"I give up, Khenal. What's the point? No matter how many times we cast the daemon out, he just keeps coming back...There's no hope..." Psycho says, completely melancholy.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 665