Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Pet Ghosts  (Read 24871 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Pet Ghosts
« on: September 01, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »

My latest fort has been plenty of fun but not very Fun. In six years I've had two dwarves die, one was the liason who became glitched and had to be assassinated with cows and the other was my clothier who failed a mood, went berserk, and decided to clock the steel clad militia commander.  I threw the clothier's corpse and severed head in the trash and he was just fine with that arrangement for about two years. Then without warning I get the message "Ghostly Clothier batters Fish Dissector! he's back with a vengeance and he's funny as hell! By knocking out a junk migrants tooth he is about a dozen times cooler than he was alive and I want to keep him. Exactly how dangerous is it to keep around a ghost who does nothing but kick peoples asses?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:55:16 pm »

*High-fives Broseph*
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »

Couldn't say how dangerous it is but it can be solved by putting him in a coffin or engraving their name on a slab.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 04:56:14 pm »

Can ghosts kill? If so, that fishie dissector might become a ghost him/herself.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

Couldn't say how dangerous it is but it can be solved by putting him in a coffin or engraving their name on a slab.
Oh I know how to get rid of him I already got rid of the liasons ghost, he was the boring wuss kind that just haunts people.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 04:57:53 pm »

Can ghosts kill? If so, that fishie dissector might become a ghost him/herself.
I know "Murderous Ghosts" can kill but this is a "Violent Ghost" violent ghosts only batter people, I don't know if it's possible to batter them to death or not.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 05:00:48 pm »

Hm. Kill some more Dwarfs, see if they'll be interesting ghosts. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

squeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 05:01:59 pm »

a ghost ripped off my mayors arm once... and left it in his bedroom

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

"So THAT's where I left it, I'll forget me own head next."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 05:05:30 pm »

This fortress never gets to use the hospital, as long as he keeps following junkdwarves and nobles and leaves my legendary armorsmith/weaponsmith/blacksmith/metalcrafter who killed a giant jaguar with a single shot alone he can dismember all he wants.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 05:09:56 pm »

Sir.  Your nation - nay, your species calls upon you.  Ghost Science must be done.  Cultivate this ghost and record his actions.  Ghostly Danger Rooms may be the next big thing.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »

"So THAT's where I left it, I'll forget me own head next."

That's like all Al Capone or something. Rip off your arm, and where do you find it??? IN YOUR OWN BED.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »

He will kill eventually, when ghosts came out I kept a no-burial fort running for a while and the violent ghosts will arbitrarily maim various people--its not as bad as when a murderous ghosts "scares x to death", but look forward to severed limbs and deaths from bleeding. 

Also I wish you would expand on "assassinated by cows", how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »

Sir.  Your nation - nay, your species calls upon you.  Ghost Science must be done.  Cultivate this ghost and record his actions.  Ghostly Danger Rooms may be the next big thing.
Ghost Science it is, I'll begin taking notes immediately.

11 Galena 206

Records dating back to the 28th of Hematite bear no mention of any apparition but today it has been confirmed that the spectral form of Subluceo Pokeallied who flew into a mad rage and was felled by Scriblita Terrastrages over a year ago has risen from the dead. Pokeallied announced his presence by attacking the Fish Dissector Cena Caesidisstro and knocking his lower front tooth from his mouth. Caesidisstro was initially bothered by the assault but noticed a very nice door and has demonstrated very high morale since. The spirit now refuses to acknowledge passers by and stands idly by the stores of food and alcohol.
Spoiler: aren't doors lovely? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:56:31 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »

He will kill eventually, when ghosts came out I kept a no-burial fort running for a while and the violent ghosts will arbitrarily maim various people--its not as bad as when a murderous ghosts "scares x to death", but look forward to severed limbs and deaths from bleeding. 

Also I wish you would expand on "assassinated by cows", how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

My embark periodically has large herds of wild cattle amble through it, I had one captured but not tamed when the Liason began his endless meeting. After I got sick of it I called the Expedition Leader away and locked the liason in the throne room then had a dwarf put the cow on the roof, (above ground fort) remove one tile, and throw it into the hole. It stomped him to death and I sent the military in to clean up. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10