Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- First turn of Chapter Two about 30% done!  (Read 12159 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- Update! Last Prayers, and All is Ready.
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »

Well... okay :D

"I'll be here if you need me, I's hunting and such. When're ye gonna take off?"
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2011, 04:07:11 pm »

The reverend seemed to tense up a bit as he took her hand. She barely resisted quirking an eyebrow. Is he really that nervous around ladyfolk? Poor man. I'd better try to ease his mind. He asked her why she was along on the trip, stating his own reasons as he did so, and she thought about it. "Well, let's say I ain't exactly been living on the straight and narrow the last couple of years, and Mr. Dryman was kindly enough to take me in to help out the missus with the cookin' and housework and whatnot. I'm kinda used to the old place and I prefer milkin' the cows and gatherin' the eggs over what I used to do. It's boring but peaceful, most of the time anyway."

Greenmoore then proceeded to stick his foot in his mouth and hastily clarified his last sentence with a blush, then complimented her. This time she did raise an eyebrow, but with a smile to let him know she wasn't going to hold that slip of the tongue against him. "I see. I hope you are good with a gun, reverend. Sometimes things can get a little hectic in these parts. But if you get hurt don't worry yourself none, ol' Flint's the best doc I've seen. He's been here about as long as I have and he's had to patch me up a few times." She showed him her left forearm. "I fell out the hayloft once and damn near broke my arm. He fixed me up proper."

"Anyway I couldn't let these guys go along without me. Missus Dryman's a peach and all but the poor dear isn't near as good a cook as I am and I know these guys well enough to know that if they had to cook for each other there'd be a gunfight by the end of the second day on the trail." She giggled. Maybe it wasn't funny to most people, but to her it was. "So what about you? You followin' your daddy's footsteps?" she asked, meaning his choice to be a preacher.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »

Another toneless laugh from the preacher.

"My daddy was a soldier. Preaching was about the furthest thing from his mind most times, though he changed plenty in the years before he passed.

I became a preacher because...like you, I spent the last few years doing everything wrong. I figured eventually if I didn't shape up, I'd become even worse. I don't know if I can be forgiven for the things I did-I'm not sure if I want to be forgiven-but I intend to try.

It was nice talking to you, Ma'am, but I should probably get to my spot on the wagon. I'd imagine we'll have plenty of time to speak more later."

He tipped his hat, and began to turn away...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:47:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »

"All right. Try not to fall off the cart," Emma said with a mischievous smile, before settling down and closing her eyes again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »

Jack looked bored, and gazed across the caravan, making sure everything was in place and ready.

"Are we going or not? Let's get a move on, the day ain't getting any longer!"

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:34 am »

Keethan got onto the wagon and carefully scanned the horizon before going to sleep.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:19 am »

Very well. It was time to leave. Wouldn't get rid of all the worries by dallying about, for sure. Amos gave his wife and kid one last smile as they climbed up their wagon, then made his own way to the one in the front.

"Allright, folk, it's time. Keep your eyes open and your guns nearhand. I ain't expecting no trouble just yet, but you can never be to careful. Let's get going."

edit: Or, rather maybe, Amos should be out driving on the cattle. With the rest of the farmhands.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:50:35 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:32 am »

The Reverend clicked his tounge, and the ox pulling the wagon snapped to attention. They were well fed, and well cared for, and that was good. Since he had been reborn, he had often found himself taking care of animals-he didn't like to hurt anything anymore...

You were awfully mean to rattlesnakes. I guess those don't count? Call up that pretty lady and tell her how you used to shoot them for fun, watch em writhe in the dust and laugh about it. That's how you got to be Rattlesnake Jack, yeah! Tell em all...confessions good for the soul, right?

Greenmoore was a bit concerned how quickly the voices had taken a 'liking' to Emma-they kept talking about her. Eh, that girl just got under his skin...she was so at ease with herself. He remembered when he had been like that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:03 am »

ohgodpooremmahandsovereyes

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »

I like how this came back and I was all like ' :D '

and then it died again and I was all like '  ::) '

Welp, I reckon some games was just too good for this world. *removes hat*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »

Heyy, it's not dead, it's only been a week and two days! D: For me, that's... Uh... Well, certainly not late yet!
When it's Christmas Day and I'm passed out under the tree, bloated with food and possibly wrapped in tinsel and it's still not updated, then you start holding the wake. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2011, 04:23:21 pm »

I didn't even notice the update....*Joins Dwarmin in removing hat*

*Sees Yoink*

*Hastily puts hat back on*
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

O_O Micelus... Hadn't posted? How the heck did I not notice that. Then again, I hadn't written out my list of player's actions for the turn yet, so I hadn't really counted. Anyhoo, this is good! :P Means I wasn't being lazy, and infact I'm just such a polite, gentle soul that I didn't want to pester Micelus to post! Yes! All the blame is gone! ...
.....Now hurry up and post an action you 'shine-guzzling varmint!
Booze is Life for Yoink

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »

Alonzo nodded to his employer and got on a horse. He plodded on ahead, anxious to leave.

Get on horse and start riding.

Yeah, couldn't really think of much.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2011, 02:27:32 am »

Chapter One, Part Three: Wagons Roll, and the Cradle Rocks!

Once Mr Dryman utters the command, people rush into activity and with shouted commands, the clattering of equipment and people clambering into wagons and a few whip-cracks, echoing across the fields, the three-wagon train finally lurches into motion with a deep rumbling of wheels.
Jack R. Flint and Amos Dryman, the latter mounted atop his fine roan stallion, aid a handful of farmhands in driving the cattle onwards, whilst Alonzo and one other do likewise to the small herd of horses, keeping them in pace with the wagons.

As these folk are working, Grigor [d3=1] joins Emma and Nowan in the supply wagon for a snooze, whilst Keethan [d3=2] clambers up to ride shotgun (Despite his lack of shotgun, or indeed, a rifle) on the second wagon, with the kitchen and such, as well as Mrs Dryman and son. Seated beside the wagoneer, a one-eyed, grizzled deaf-mute veteran from some half-forgotten war or other, he soon dozes off to sleep, [4] a mostly dreamless doze, lulled by the motion of the wagon.
As the wagons leave the gates of the ranch, only those with the keenest eyes might make out the small form of the other hired Gun, a reclusive fellow at the best of times, riding off down the trail far ahead in the distance. Most would only see the small puff of dust heralding a lone horseman heading away from them. 

A short while passes, the wagons trundling resolutely down the small trail, widening slightly to form a dusty road as it meets those leading towards town from the other small ranches in the surroundings. Most of which, it's sobering to realise, are owned by Alistair Merrick, as a part of his ever-growing, ill-gained cattle empire. In the wagon driven by the Reverend Greenmore, who sits hunched slightly at the reins as he struggles with his inner demons, the snoring forms of the three seated in the back amongst various crates and sacks of food, tools and other supplies slumber peacefully. Nowan, snoring with shotgun leaning across his stomach and hat over his face, [1] rolls over in his sleep, perhaps seeking a more comfortable position.
With a creak of wood and a slight scrape as his 'bedding' (pile of grain-sacks) slides off the crates beneath, he topples out over the backboard, [1] flailing about and landing heavily on his head, [2] luckily twisting as he hits the ground, his left shoulder absorbing the main force of the blow! It gives a sickening crack, and the others in the wagon all sit up abruptly as Nowan gives a shout of pain and surprise, clutching at his injured shoulder, bent somewhat in a wrong, painful-looking direction.
Meanwhile as he falls from the wagon, his shotgun and hat do likewise! [6] Thankfully, sensing further destruction, injury and possibly a death or two, the stricken Nowan manages (thanks to his trained, gun-slinging reflexes) to catch the flying shotgun in his good hand before it can hit the ground and fire, although in doing so he topples over, doubtless doing further damage to his horribly-broken shoulder.
He passes out from the pain, his hat fluttering to rest on the ground nearby in an oddly peaceful motion, lending an air of surreality to the whole scene for the horrified onlookers. A few of the cattle look a little disconcerted by the whole thing, their dull brown eyes staring uncertainly at the prone man. It occurs to the more cattle-savvy that it's a damn good thing that shotgun didn't go off...

Spoiler: Tolyk/Nowan (click to show/hide)

Sometime later, poor Nowan has been bundled into the middle wagon as it rolls along, wrapped in a blanket dosed and up by Mrs Dryman's special recipe Hot Chocolate: For Cheering Up, Making Things Right and Curing Worldly Ills (Hint: The special ingredient is a rather large shot of whiskey) as the Doc, Jack R. Flint takes a look at his shoulder, having cut away the injured arm's shirtsleeve. He inhales sharply as he sees the extent of the injuries, poking and prodding painfully at the badly-bruised flesh, looking a bit like a smushy, overripe fruit.
Nowan: The Doc's examination hurts like Hell, despite the warm glow from Mrs Dryman's hot chocolate. You can't move the damn thing much at all, and have to clench your jaw to stop from crying out in pain.

Spoiler: Zako/Jack R. Flint (click to show/hide)

Back up outside the wagon, Amos Dryman, feeling rather unhappy about the serious injury of his one-remaining gunslinger, finally catches his first glimpse of Rocky Gulch up ahead, the wooden rooves of the main town rising up out of the dusty adobe of the plains, with the incongrous dark stone of Merrick's Orphanage looming over it like a crow, or perhaps a rotten tooth, on the hill outside of town. Alonzo, keeping to himself as he drives the horses fowards alongside the cattle, sees it a moment later.
It looks a town like most any other out here, no-doubt filled with simple, hard-working folk, dust, hard whiskey, and, if the tales he's heard of this Alistair Merrick are anything to go by... Trouble.
A farmhand wheels his horse back towards the wagons, spreading the word as they approach.

It is mid-afternoon as the wagons roll slowly into the outskirts of town, and those snoozing in or on the wagons are woken rather rudely by Trevor Hutchins' gleeful shout from atop the rear wagon, "Yipee! About damned time we was gettin' here! Next stop, Rocky Gulch! Hard drink, soft beds, and soft women!" He punctuates his crude statement with a loud belch, then settles back upon the box, the oppressive heat enough to silence even him, it seems.

Up ahead lies Rocky Gulch. Beyond that? The desolate, disused trail out to the Black Forest, and the appropriately-named Blacktree trail. Those napping in the wagons snooze and stretch, and the travellers generally begin to rouse themselves to liveliness beneath the harsh, oppressive sun.
What sort of welcome there will be in town is anyone's guess...
Will y'all stay the night in town despite any threat of trouble from the despised Merrick, or will you roll right on through town, forgoing the chance of a last stop, rest and drink in civilization?

Welcome to Rocky Gulch...

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:48:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15