Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- First turn of Chapter Two about 30% done!  (Read 12165 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- No, it ain't dead!
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »

Join in the prayer and wait.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2011, 09:58:19 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2011, 11:33:55 am »

Join the prayer, then gather everyone around and tell them that since I don't want to leave them behind where Merrick could get them, my family will be coming along with the rest of us. Stare sternly at anyone who looks disagreeing. Then tell them to get ready because it's time to leave.

((Sorry for the non-roleplaying, but I'm not in the mood for such right now, and I thought it would be better to get this going rather than hold it up longer while waiting for my RP-ity to come back.))
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

The Reverend bowed his head and spoke.

Oh mighty God, we are gathered here today to...

'You shot him, Jack.'

...celebrate your mercy and love...we ask you...

'That was pretty cold, you know. He was your friend'

...to watch over our journey and grant us your favor, so that we may come through the trials of our lives with renewed optimism, and hope...let not not it be said that any man-or woman-dies in vain, who dies with a satisifed mind. Let those who do not return find a place of honor in your gardens...let us not be led into temptation...let us not betray the bonds of fellowship we forge today...

'Was it worth it? Was it? You killed a man for 10 dollars because he looked at you wrong."

Amen.

Reverend Greenmoore heard a silent chorus of 'amens' follow. His past-always coming back to bite at him-gnaw at him...

He was somewhat concerned when one of the men said he was bringing his family along-it would be a dangerous trail. He saw the look in the Mans eyes though-the righteous fires of a man who would be not be swayed. He did not mention it to him, and instead found the wagons, and helpled to load supplies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
UPDATE DAMMIT
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2011, 03:35:35 am »

BUUUMP
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- Turn 70% done, damnit!!
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2011, 05:39:42 am »

Chapter One, Part Two: Last Prayers, and All is Ready

Quote from: Nowan
Lazily sit in a wagon and take a snooze, shotgun in hand.
[4]You clamber into a wagon as the others wander off to pray or something, cradling your shotgun in your arms as you tip your hat down for a quick bit of shut-eye. You... Do a pretty good job, too. That's some refreshin' snoozing.

Quote from: Emma
She found a comfortable place to sit and waited for the call to start moving.
[2]Still upset about being ignored by Mister Dryman, you climb aboard the equipment wagon alongside Nowan, although he does little to cheer you up, being sound asleep and snoring loudly. Choosing not to disturb him- a man needs his sleep after all- you [3] find a rather comfy pile of sacks of flour and such and make yourself a nice seat, curling up with a good view out the back of the wagon. You sulk.

Quote from: Alonzo
Get the horses ready and wait for the trip to get going.
[5] Being such a good friend to the Ranch's horses, you have no trouble getting them to come with you and shortly have them gathered up near the wagons, ready for the trip. You whisper a few sweet nothings to them, give a few of them a stroke on the mane and then find a convenient crate to sit on, waiting for the others.

Quote from: Keethan
Keethan just double-checked the wagons for any issues.

[6] You check over the wagons and find no real issues, although one of the planks on Mrs Dryman's wagon seems rather loose. Deciding it's best to be thorough, you go over it with a good few nails, firmly sticking it back in place.
Sure, you wasted your entire box of nails, but at least the wagon's not going to fall apart now, right? Right?!

Quote from: Tarrin
Keep Waiting.
Not being a sociable type, you stay in your small room in the bunkhouse, nursing a bottle of whiskey and staring at the wall.
[2] Damnit, you hate this waiting... Sitting here, nothing to do... The memories...
Suddenly images flash through your mind. The gunfire. January 8th, the date is clear as anything. The screams, the blood... That one girl who caught a bullet through the spine, trying to crawl away... The vicious, bloodthirsty gang firing at you, screaming for your deaths, screaming with pain as you gun them down... You see the face of Nowan Ilfideme, your 'friend', his eyes alight with the slaughter as you huddle behind the splintering wagon...

Abruptly you snap back to the present with a gasp. You take a long slug of whiskey, hurl the empty bottle to shatter against the wall and squint your eyes shut to fight the visions. When you reopen them you glance towards the window... It looks like everyone's about ready to set off. Finally. You take a deep breath and stand up.

Quote from: Reverend Greenmore
The reverend gathers everyone so inclined for a quick prayer before they set off...
[2]You draw a breath, feeling rather pious at the sight of the crowd of folk, heads bowed, listening attentively, and begin. "Oh mighty God, we are gathered here today to celebrate your mercy and love. We ask you..."
Mercy and love?! Ha! When had Rattlesnake Jack ever showed mercy?
You push those distracting thoughts from your head and continue, although your words taste hollow in your mouth.
"...We ask you to watch over our journey and grant us your favour, so that we may come through the trials of our lives with renewed optimism, and hope..."
Hope? Hope?! Ahahahahaa! There is no hope for you, Jack. Your soul is as black as...
You trail off for a moment, grimacing and taking a deep breath as you once again fight back the horrible feeling of your past returning to you. You manage to silence the demons through force of will, but are conscious of concerned eyes on you as you finish the prayer.
After a few moments, with an 'Amen', you conclude your speech, reminding yourself your past is dead. You serve the Lord now, and you are atoning for your sins. What more could any man do? Still, you feel a bit uneasy at how easily your past can resurface.

Join the prayer, then gather everyone around and tell them that since I don't want to leave them behind where Merrick could get them, my family will be coming along with the rest of us. Stare sternly at anyone who looks disagreeing. Then tell them to get ready because it's time to leave.

Thoughts of your family, your ranch, your life fill your mind as you pray. You implore the Lord to protect them, to give you strength to protect them, to guide you as you lead these people to a new life, to a chance of safety. [1] Surely it's a lot to ask. With people like Merrick around, killing and stealing, taking what they want and causing misery, is there really anyone up there? What's the point? You grumble out your amen, shake off these gloomy thoughts and speak up to the assembled crowd,
"Now, lissen up, people. I know this is goin' to seem like a bad idea, a lot of you won't like it, but... Hell, let's reword this. You know why we're doing this? To get away from Merrick and his thugs. Now he's goin' to be pretty darn mad about all this, an' if my family," You put an affectionate arm about your wife and ruffle your son's hair for emphasis, "is still here when we're off selling our stock off for a decent price, God only knows what he could do! So I'm bringin' them along with us, Marianne here's goin' to set up shop in the middle wagon. I hope you all understand why I'm doin' this." [5+1] Your well-worded speech doesn't seem to garner any disagreement, so you simply glare sternly at an undefined place above their heads for a moment, before giving a warm smile.
"Well, good. Anyhow let's get ready to go, alright?" You clap your hands and the crowd disperses, most heading back over towards the wagons, some bustling off on various last-minute errands.

Jack pays his respects to god with the reverend and hops on a horse.
"Shall we get going soon?"

You pray along with the others, and then head over to the herd of horses milling alongside the cattle and wagons under the watchful gaze of a possibly Hispanic-looking ranch hand. You've seen him around but don't really know him, however you feel a slight pang of worry, knowing as you do the terrible fates that seem to befall those of Spanish descent on journeys such as these.
However, you put aside that thought as he gives a slight nod, and choose out [4] a healthy, strong-looking mare, clambering up into the saddle before looking back towards the crowd. "Shall we get going soon?" You say, to no-one in particular.

Join in the prayer and wait.
Shuffling along with the rest, you join the crowd forming around the Reverend, removing your brown ten-gallon hat and bowing your head in prayer. You mouth the Reverend's words as he speaks, silently imploring the Good Lord to smile upon you all on your journey. You frown slightly, however, noticing the Reverend seems rather... Unsettled, trailing off for a moment before concluding the prayer. This is quickly forgotten, however; you see your boss, Mister Dryman himself, step foward to speak, and he does so rather well. Part of you feels rather proud to be in the employ of such a brave fellow and his family.

Gregor joins in the prayer, as he does so clenching his knife until his knuckles turn white.
You lower your head wordlessly, Reverend Greenmore's words washing over you as [3] dark, unhappy memories torment your mind. You grip the handle of one of your knifes tightly to stop your hand from trembling, clenching your jaw as you pray, praying that brighter times lie ahead for all of you. At length, the Reverend finishes, [3] although at first you do not notice, so involved in your own prayers that you don't join in the 'amen's of the others.
A different voice speaks, however, and you look up to see Mister Dryman, your employer and the owner of the ranch, making a heartfelt speech on his decision to bring his wife and child along for the journey. It makes sense, well enough; you doubt it would be safe staying on the ranch at the mercy of Allistair Merrick.

Finally, with all the praying and speechifying over and done with, all seems ready to go.
Mrs Dryman ushers her son into the middle wagon, the indian guide clambers onto his horse and joins the others waiting to leave, and Trevor Hutchins, the third wagoneer, his tubby backside planted firmly in the seat of the third wagon, screws the lid back on his flask of whiskey and shouts down belligerently, "We goin' yet, or what? I bin sittin' up here near two hours now!" The words from the grouchy, bowler-hatted lush stir the farmhands back into action, and before long everything is more-or-less ready, and most folk simply wait for Mr Dryman to give the word to set out. The sun has risen fairly high in the sky and is warming up, although the day's not unbearably hot yet. The cattle flick their tails and twitch ears to fend off flies as they chew their cud, and the occasional bird calls in the distance.
Over the strange near-silence, the squeak of Hutchins' flask lid can be heard, followed by a loud belch that echoes unpleasantly through the lull in sound.

Everything's ready, folk just need to hear the word from Mr Dryman and we'll be off...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:48:08 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2011, 06:02:24 am »

If a third person view encompassing everyone is easier for you to write, maybe you should use my format. ^^^ That's my only suggestion. If you want to do that, here's how I'd have it set up:

Code: [Select]
[Quote=Amos Dryman / scriver][/quote]
[Quote=Nowan Ilfideme / TolyK][/quote]
[Quote=Tarrin Salvor Smith / Tarran][/quote]
[Quote=Alonzo S. Chavez / micelus][/quote]
[Quote=Grigor Bryttviev / lawastooshort][/quote]
[Quote=James T. Carrlen / Talarion][/quote]
[Quote=Emma Hamilton / SeriousConcentrate][/quote]
[Quote=Jack R. Flint / Zako][/quote]
[Quote=Keenan Daithí / firelordsky][/quote]
[Quote=Reverend Greenmoore / Dwarmin][/quote]
[Quote=(NPC Name if necessary) / Yoink][/quote]
[hr]

And then after the hr tag just write the turn normally. Optionally once you finish the turn, add another hr tag, and put any relevant statuses afterward. Anyway, speaking of turns...

Emma sighed and twisted her lips slightly, rolling the sprig of grass between them. She was happy Marianne was coming along - now she wouldn't feel so lonely being the only woman on the trip - but she was already wondering what life would be like on the trail. Nothing like being a bank robber, she was certain of that. It would be more peaceful but likely far more boring. She turned her head and watched Nowan sleep for a minute. Good idea. I bet rest'll be hard to come by when we gotta sleep on the ground. She folded her hands behind her head and closed her eyes.

If anyone wants to talk to her, though, go ahead. ^^^
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:05:22 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2011, 06:04:28 am »

That sounds Ok, and I don't have anything useful to add, sorry ;)

I'm not really sure what to do yet, either...

Grigor tried to catch up on his sleep in the back of the wagon as soon as he was sure there was nothing useful he could be getting one with.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:47:11 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:33 am »

The young Reverend was gripping his bible with enough force to turn his knuckles white. Damn the voices-sometimes it was his father or mother, or even his own, but most often it was of people he had killed. Some of them in self defense, but he would be a damn liar if he said that was all of them. So, as he walked forward to his spot at the head of the wagon, he hardly noticed Nowan and the Girl in the back at first. He wasn't going to be the one who tried to wake the man up, no sirree-a man who slept with a shotgun in hand was apt to be dangerous. He knew that. Girls could be dangerous too, even without guns. He knew that too.

He spoke quietly, and he felt himself blushing a bit in her presence. Which was a strange thing for him. He had 'enjoyed the company' of women before-the sort that you paid for-but it took him being reborn into God's Grace to realize how empty it had all been. He had been shy around women before he became Rattlesnake, and now he was shy again, like he had been when he was an even younger man. Still, it was an emotion that was not entirely unwelcome-it reminded him he was still Human, still capable of feeling something, and that was a good sign.

But, the combination of red hair and blushing cheeks tended to make most Women laugh, and not always in kindess. Another feeling-nervousness.

It's alot harder when you cant just take what you want from people, isn't it, Jack? Why don't you offer that pretty girl some money? Cause thats the only way anyone would even look at you.

He coughed and spoke.

"...I didn't notice you at the prayer, Ma'am. Not that I'm judging you-we all find our own way, in the end. I dont believe we've been introduced. Reverend Greenmoore. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ma'am. I suppose you'll be riding in the back of my wagon along with the other fellow?

And, Sorry if I disturbed your rest...I...I surely didn't mean to."

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:15:25 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2011, 06:15:11 am »

...To be honest, I though this was dead. Two months. No updates. Not even a word saying that you were working on it. :-\

...Well, I'm sorry to say this, but my interest in this and this genre is definitely dead. So I'm quitting because playing something I have no interest in would likely be bad for both me and you, sorry.

Leave.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:52 am »

((heh, should have got into character more :P

It also helps if you stole your character concept from The Quick and the Dead.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2011, 06:25:31 am »

Sure, that's fine, Tarran. I did take way too long working on it, so I can see why you'd lose interest. I didn't really want to post saying I was still working on it, as then I'd just put pressure on myself to finish it quicker, and most likely end up not finishing it at all...
Anyway, no worries!
Booze is Life for Yoink

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:01 am »

Emma opened her eyes when she heard someone speaking to her. It took her a moment to recognize the preacher. "Oh. Howdy, Father," she said, raising a hand in greeting before returning it behind her head. Now that she saw him up close, she realized he probably wasn't even as old as she was. In fact, his blushing and obvious nervousness hinted that not only was he younger, he didn't have much experience around the fairer sex. That figures; he's a priest, and they ain't s'posed to be having with any of that business.

"...I didn't notice you at the prayer, Ma'am. Not that I'm judging you-we all find our own way, in the end. I dont believe we've been introduced. Reverend Greenmoore. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ma'am. I suppose you'll be riding in the back of my wagon along with the other fellow? And, Sorry if I disturbed your rest...I...I surely didn't mean to."

Emma thought about the statement for a moment, trying to figure out how to word her response. "No offense taken, reverend. I ain't against the idea of God, I just need some time to reflect on things 'fore I go back to Him." She shifted slightly so she was resting on an elbow, her upper body slightly elevated. "Emma Hamilton. Nice to meet you too," she said in response to his name, offering her hand with a crooked smile. "And sure, I'll be happy to ride with you. I ain't been here long m'self but it's always nice to see a new face. And naw, don't worry about it. I was just bored." She smiled again to let him know she'd rather be talking to him than sleeping anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- Update! Last Prayers, and All is Ready.
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2011, 06:51:11 am »

Also, for some clarity: The wagon the three of you are at is the lead one, filled with supplies.
The middle one is the one Mrs Dryman and the Junior Dryman (should think up a name for him) are travelling in, (it also doubles as the kitchen and such) and the rear one driven by Hutchins is home to the gunsmith who's along for the ride.

And Serious, I guess that could work, although I think I'd add more in first-person turns as well, and spoiler the third-person.
It's mainly just to help me keep track of what's going on, and stuff. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- Update! Last Prayers, and All is Ready.
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2011, 11:15:17 am »

Reverend shook Emmas hand firmly putting what he hoped was a nice smile.

You've got the hands of a killer, and she can feel it you know. She can see it crawling under your skin...

He felt himself about to tense, and resisted. She hadn't felt that, had she?

He cleared his throat and spoke again.

"If mankind has a prime virtue, it's patience. All will come thats due to you in time, rest assured.

...So, why have you chose to accompany us our trip, Miss Hamilton?

For myself, I am merely a Wagoneer, and a simple preacher-but not hired as such exclusively for my religious services by Mister Dryman. I would hope to not be a burden on the trail to the others, and I can sling more than my bible and empty words. I serve no church or Earthly authority, if you were wondering, and the vows I took were entirely my own. So, you do need to worry about them interfering with certain...tasks I might be called upon. "

Put your foot in your mouth, why don't you! How do think she took all that? He hastily added

"Shooting and fighting is such, what I mean to say."

He barked an odd toneless laugh, and his blush deepened another shade. There you go. She probably thinks you a damn fool now, but at least you recovered some dignity.

"I hope I do not cause offense, Miss, for me to be tounge tied and bamboozled in your very presence. I am sure you are used to the effect on men."

He shuffled his feet, smiling in gracious defeat. Not the best first impression, but it could have been worse. She could have leaned over and said 'I know who you are...Jack' and then what would have he done?

You would do what you have to, if you wanted to survive. You want to survive, right Jack? I know you do. You can bottle me up in here for a little bit-that little book and your man in the sky helps-but you will need me one day. I'll be waiting...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15